Jet

Battle Pop-Ups

Battle Pop-Ups

by Jet

Introduction

So, people like eye-candy, it's a fact. The default CBS offers little in eye-candy, so I made

this little thing to spruce it up a bit. Kept it simple too.

Features

- Pop-Ups

- Customizable Colors and Text

- Plug-n-play

- Compatible with my Animated Battlers Script

- And More...

Screenshots

25542276.png

Script

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=eZWm3JbS

Credit

Jet

After the battle i get an error message: Script Battle Pop-Up by Jet 'line 125: NoMethodError occurred. Undefined method 'popups' for #<sprite_character:0x7997c88>

note: i didnt change anithing on sript

After the battle i get an error message: Script Battle Pop-Up by Jet 'line 125: NoMethodError occurred. Undefined method 'popups' for #<sprite_character:0x7997c88>

Are you using this script with any other battle-related scripts? I am not replicating your error in my tests.

Are you using this script with any other battle-related scripts? I am not replicating your error in my tests.

I'm only using your SBS script, and it's working perfectly (btw, i love it, thanks for making! ;) )

Could you change script so damage is displayed properly when killing an enemy, not only popup of exact difference between current life and zero? And add customization of enabling/dsabling popups of tp gain/reduce, and also font size...

Something very simple I'm afraid I don't know how to tackle... How would I go about removing all of the text aside from the numeral damage, health mp heals and tp heals and dmg? (meaning I'd like It not to show "Knockout", "Damage+"...)

I've tried a few things and saw the script is nicely customisable all down to the colors of the text, I was just unable to remove the text due to lack of basic scripting skill...

Nice little script. :) I made a slight tweak to fix an erroneous increase of TP showing up on enemies each time they die:

Insert the following at line 242, just after check_hp_popup:

if @battler.hp > 0

And then at what will now be 245, add another:

end

Only a very simple tweak, but having random TP increases popping up for no apparent reason upon death was annoying me. :)

Something very simple I'm afraid I don't know how to tackle... How would I go about removing all of the text aside from the numeral damage, health mp heals and tp heals and dmg? (meaning I'd like It not to show "Knockout", "Damage+"...)

I've tried a few things and saw the script is nicely customisable all down to the colors of the text, I was just unable to remove the text due to lack of basic scripting skill...

For the status effects: If you comment out (put a # at the start of the line) lines 116 and 118, that should probably do the trick. :) I haven't tested it as I'm in a bit of a hurry this morning, but I believe that'll stop the display of all status effects, including KO. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

For the bits like "Damage+", look at the strings near the start of the script. Just edit (or clear them) to whatever you prefer -- for example, HURT_TEXT = "Damage +" at line 30 could be changed to simply HURT_TEXT = "+" or even HURT_TEXT = ""

Finally, to get rid of the critical, miss or evaded messages (if you want to do that too), comment out lines 249, 251, and 253. :)

Again, bear in mind that I haven't tested any of this, so be sure to make a backup before you go around mangling it all on my advice. But it's a simple enough script so I see no reason why these changes shouldn't get the result you're looking for.

Edited by Gravecat

The base script won't display "Miss" or "Evaded". I corrected the error in the script below for anyone else who had this problem. Lines 246-257.

def check_success_popup

if @battler.result.success

if @battler.result.critical

make_popup(Jet::BattlePopUps::CRITICAL_TEXT, Jet::BattlePopUps::CRITICAL_COLOR)

end

elsif @battler.result.missed

make_popup(Jet::BattlePopUps::MISSED_TEXT, Jet::BattlePopUps::MISS_COLOR)

elsif @battler.result.evaded

make_popup(Jet::BattlePopUps::EVADED_TEXT, Jet::BattlePopUps::EVADE_COLOR)

end

@battler.result.clear_hit_flags

end

####====Original=====

#### def check_success_popup

#### if @battler.result.success

#### if @battler.result.critical

#### make_popup(Jet::BattlePopUps::CRITICAL_TEXT, Jet::BattlePopUps::CRITICAL_COLOR)

#### elsif @battler.result.missed

#### make_popup(Jet::BattlePopUps::MISSED_TEXT, Jet::BattlePopUps::MISS_COLOR)

#### elsif @battler.result.evaded

#### make_popup(Jet::BattlePopUps::EVADED_TEXT, Jet::BattlePopUps::EVADE_COLOR)

#### end

#### @battler.result.clear_hit_flags

#### end

#### end

Also is there a way to alter the location of the pop ups? I'd like the numbers to come up a little higher above my actors.

Edit: nvm found it. Line 151. Where 110 can be any number of pixels up.

@y_prog = 110

Edited by Jamaz

The script worked fine alone. I then used it with the side-view battle system and I started getting errors.

I deleted that "not" (the ! in front f.nil) and they became compatible(line 125).

f.popups.unshift(Sprite_JetPopup.new(text.to_s, color, f)) if !f.nil?

Edit: I'm failsauce for not reading above posts, putting pop-up above works now.

Edit: Error still pops up when a critical hit is made (it was doing this even with fresh script).

MD07a.png

When I delete ! at line 126 of pop up dmg again they become compatible.

Btw, thx Jamaz for that fix, that was driving me bonkers.

Edited by Scalinger2