Sign in to follow this  
Jeneeus Guruman

Change Actor Graphics on Equip

Change Actor Graphics on Equip

Version: 1.0.1

By Jeneeus Guruman

Introduction

This script allows to change sprite and face graphics depending on the equipped weapons or armors.

Features

• Change sprites depending on equipment.
  • Change faces depending equipment.
  • You can change the default graphics (if you don't equip anything that assigned to replace it) by Change Actor Graphic event command.

Screenshots

Equipping items not modified for graphic change.

Screen1.png

Eric equipping Dragon Armour.

Screen5.png

Using a single-sprite file..

Screen4.png

Eric equipping Gigantes Sword and using Multiple (8-sprite) file.

Screen3.png

Screen2.png

How to Use

Just insert above main and below other scripts (including other non-defaults).

Demo

Graphic Equip Ace

Script

Graphic Equip Ace

Known Bugs

None so far.

Author's Notes

• This script is free to use commercially or not. If commercially, you must credit me. If not, just don't claim this as your own but not crediting me is okay if you don't want to.

Edited by Jeneeus Guruman
  • Like 2

Awesome, I was looking for exactly THAT =) now I can finally kick out my laggy common event outfit change check, thanks a lot!

Thanks guys.

Since this is my first time making a script in Ace, first time to place notetags, and done this in 10 hours, please report any bugs found.

Can you post the script as well?

Here you go.

Updates:

• You can change the default graphics (if you don't equip anything that assigned to replace it) by Change Actor Graphic event command.
  • Reuploaded the demo.
  • Placed the script directly in the post.

So I think I may have another script that blocks this one from working, however... I have a lot of scripts, So before I test every single one with this one, I wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

All you do is place <ge: 1, $Julia, 0> ($Julia was just for testing purposes and its a single char sheet so I used the # 0) however no change takes place on actor 1 when the armor is equip. Am I doing it correctly and I have another script interfering with this one? Or is there something I'm doing incorrectly?

So I think I may have another script that blocks this one from working, however... I have a lot of scripts, So before I test every single one with this one, I wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

I haven't tried to test if it is compatible with other scripts. For now, place it to the very bottom of all scripts, even the customized ones, and above Main.

Same as Caveras. I had just figured out how to do this with a common event, but using that and updating it as necessary was very cumbersome. This is simplifies everything, is easy to understand, and does EXACTLY what I was hoping it would.

Massive kudos to you. :D

Update:

• Sorry for the inconvenience that the demo link was broken. And now it's fixed.

Same as Caveras. I had just figured out how to do this with a common event, but using that and updating it as necessary was very cumbersome. This is simplifies everything, is easy to understand, and does EXACTLY what I was hoping it would.

Massive kudos to you. :D

Thanks, xgkf. I thought, my english was bad at the instructions in the script. :lol:

Only weapon and Armour? How about states?

I want to change the graphic when Actor got a states like Frog(or Toad).

Hello, Jeneeus Guruman! Sorry for my poor English. I've tried to use custom filenames for graphics like "!$filename" and your script didnt work. Tell me please, is it possible to make your script understand the "!"-symbol at the begin of filename? I did not have enough experience in scripting to manually edit this thing: "/<ge[:]?\s*(\d+)\s*[,]?\s*([$]*\w+)?\s*[,]?\s*(\d+)\s*>/i" so can you help me please? Thanks a lot.

Dude this is amazing!

Its been 9 years since I made my games crystal scrollsvand legend of gladius ànd bak then I had to. Use events to change graphics this is amazing!

Dude this is amazing!

Its been 9 years since I made my games crystal scrollsvand legend of gladius ànd bak then I had to. Use events to change graphics this is amazing!