Angelo HUD v2.5

I'm starting in the RGSS world by creating this simple and beautiful HUD. This is an optimization of my first script so don't expect too much. It's Plug N' Play so it doesn't need pictures or other stuff.

There are 8( or 13, depends on your concern) customization options like turning HUD on/off with switch, turn HUD elements on/off with switch and a color control for the back of the HUD.

The explanation of how to customize is in the script, read carefully

Screen

angelohud25.jpg

Script

Download File (.txt)

Credits and Thanks

Author: Brandon (Me)

Constructive criticism and Help:

• MISTER BIG T
  • YF
  • Valiant
  • Amy Pond
  • Jet
  • Anderson Porto

Creative Commons License

88x31.png

The Sequel of ANGELO Systems by Brandon Ferraz e Sousa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Based on a work at www.rpgmakervxace.net.

Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.mundorpgmaker.com.

Edited by burandon

Seems simple enough. Sadly, the lack of customization is an issue for me personally. I am sure many would like to use their own made gauges and different font.

But it's a nice first script! Looking forward to seeing more from you. ;)

thanks for the comment.

I know the problem is with the customization, I'm already udating this script.

It will become more compact, more customizable(like bar colors, chose wich info is been shown from Hp, Mp Tp to currently equipped weapon etc)

I hope you like it!

Just letting you know, RGSS3 automatically updates all windows in a scene and automatically disposes them all when the scene is terminated. Also, I suggest the creation of the hud window under method Scene_Map#create_all_windows.

Just letting you know, RGSS3 automatically updates all windows in a scene and automatically disposes them all when the scene is terminated. Also, I suggest the creation of the hud window under method Scene_Map#create_all_windows.

Thanks for the hint! I've edited the script and tried to do as you said. Although I'm very beginner, i think it worked.

Edited by burandon

Hey! Try using a sprite class instead of a window if you're not showing any skin, and update the stats only if they have changed. It may run good now, but if you add an action battle system and a few more map systems it will slow down a little..

Hey! Try using a sprite class instead of a window if you're not showing any skin, and update the stats only if they have changed. It may run good now, but if you add an action battle system and a few more map systems it will slow down a little..

Thanks, I'll write it down for the next update, 'cause I'm working in another system that is somehow linked with this HUD, when I post the first release I'll update this one.

I also fixed a bug that causes crash when the player was transferred to another map.

Hey as Huds go, this one is very nice. Often it's tempting to display everything possible in a Hud, leading to some pretty elaborate but in the end clogged up and daft ones, but this one is nice and compact yet still easily readable with the bars and such.

Only updating when stats change is a must for a Hud though, an absolutely must. It's one of the main concepts to a Hud that makes it actually usable in a game, otherwise the lag caused is immense and redundant.

Hey as Huds go, this one is very nice. Often it's tempting to display everything possible in a Hud, leading to some pretty elaborate but in the end clogged up and daft ones, but this one is nice and compact yet still easily readable with the bars and such.

Only updating when stats change is a must for a Hud though, an absolutely must. It's one of the main concepts to a Hud that makes it actually usable in a game, otherwise the lag caused is immense and redundant.

Thanks, its really grateful when someone like the visual of my systems, I was testing this script in a notebook that have lower performance than mine and get myself in a world full of lag. (lol)

So later I'll update this HUD again and this time it'll only update when stats change.

Thanks again, having some people criticize constructively is always good.

I think there should be a small similiar omni gradient box like around hp and mp around the place where the weapon and the character name is, for consistency and for clarity at certain maps.

If I may recommend on a "fit for all" coder's point of view, not all people will use the standard window padding of 12 or the default resolution.

Perhaps instead of the fixed numbers in:

super(-16, -16, 576, 448)

you could try a self-adjusting code like so:

super(-16, -16, Graphics.width + standard_padding * 2, Graphics.height + standard_padding * 2)

I say this just because some people will change the padding or screen resolution to fit their needs, but may still want to use this.

Otherwise, I do like what you did with pure script-generation. You forget to update the HUD though if one of the switches has changed (like the HPSWITCH and such).

Thanks MISTER BIG T and Jet for the comments.

In the next release version (v2.5) I Implemented what Jet said about the padding and also changed the visual a bit, so don't worry for now 'bout the "black box" that isn't around the icon and the name.

In some ways it's unbelievable to have a coder so talented praising (<- don't know if this is the right word), even if only a bit,my code. So.. .when I was writing it ,I wondered if I should update the HUD if one of the switches changed, and I found it useless, it doesn't matter if the switches is ON or OFF, the HUD will be ON or OFF, I tested in a lot of ways and there is no problem with the update. But thanks, I'll be more cautious in the next time.

Just saying,when I discovered a bug,I went crazy^^

I also thought about running away to be scripte rbecause of some colossal failures (xD).

Thanks MISTER BIG T and Jet

XOXO

Edited by burandon

It looks pretty good, might just use this when i move my project to Ace. Keep up the good work! :D

Thanks!

And if you are really going to use Angelo HUD, don't forget to always check this topic for updates to this script, I don't want anybody's game with glitches and bugs because of my scripts, I recommend that in the new year you check this topic again, 'cause I'll post a more stable version (v2.5).

Thanks again!

Hello and thanks for the HUD...its nice. However I can't use it because im using max resolution game window size. Is there anyway to change the position of the bar so its lower?

Hello and thanks for the HUD...its nice. However I can't use it because im using max resolution game window size. Is there anyway to change the position of the bar so its lower?

I'm having problems with my computer right now, so when I fix it I will help you with the HUD position.

Thaks for the comments