PAC Main Menu 1.1

Pacman

Introduction

This is the PAC Main Menu converted to VX Ace. On a basic level, this offers a configurable setup for your main menu, allowing the user to create, alter and move the position of menu commands at their pleasure. It can be used very simply to merely reorder the default commands, or to its' fullest potential, that is creating commands to put custom scenes into the menu. It also offers two graphical features: adding an EXP gauge into the menu status window, and adding icons into the command display. Both are optional and customizable.

Features

• Easily customize and move about the commands in the menu. You can even create your own!
  • You can rename commands, change what they do (why would you want to though), and change the conditions required to use it.
  • Icons for commands are now implemented in the menu. Optional, naturally.
  • An EXP gauge is included in the actors' window. It may look out of place, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. It is, of course, optional.
  • A map name window and a playtime window are included in the script. They are completely optional. As is the gold window now.
  • The menu now remembers which command you were last on at all times, even after saving.
  • The menu now immediately goes to actor selection if the command you just came from required actor selection.
  • You can assign a button to heal the party when it is pressed in the menu during test play.
  • You can choose to have the side windows on the left or right.

Screenshots

7A6su.jpg

Here we see the menu being AWESOME.

How to Use

Paste above Main, below Materials. For best compatibility put it at the top of your custom scripts list. There are detailed configuration instructions in the script header. If you have any inquiries, please ask me.

Demo

I don't think it's very necessary. There are no in-game options, and the script itself is a demo.

Script

Get it at Pastebin.

FAQ

None yet. Ask something!

Credit and Thanks

- Pacman

- Want to be thanked? Suggest something, I might do it, put your name here and you might get a warm fuzzy feeling!

Author's Notes

My favourite note this week is the D above middle C (293.665 Hz), and my favourite synthetic tone is a sine wave.

Also, I guess, considering compatibility, if you expect this to work with another menu system, do not expect that. And my terms of use: You may use this script in any non-commercial project with credit. Contact me if you wish to use this in a commercial project. You may edit this script and use it in your own project, or even release it as your own script, as long as I am credited (being notified would also be nice).

Edited by AngryPacman

Thanks guys. As for that command window thing, it's quite simple, so that is the next job. It will take barely any time at all. I may as well do it now. :D

Hey pac, you added the feature I suggested! You're awesome!

Well, I tested the updated version and I got a crash:

Script 'PAC Main Menu' line 361: SyntaxError occurred.

unexpected tCONSTANT, expecting keyword_then or ';' or '\n'

if $TEST PAC::MM::Heal_Button != nil && I...

Yeah, I noticed that myself. I updated it shortly after posting it, so just get it again and it should work. Sorry for the inconvenience. :/

Edited by AngryPacman

http://pacmanvx.word...-compact-addon/

I've created a graphical addon to this menu. Read about it at my blog. Here's a screenshot of the change it makes:

PMSgo.jpg

So, there's that. I've also updated the base script with a bugfix and a fundamental change in the way the extra windows are handled which allows the addon to run much smoother.

1. When loaded with the add-on at a battle process event, the soft says :

Script 'BattleManager' line168 NoMethodError occured

undefined method '+'for nil:NilClass

BattleManager

167: def self.battle_start

168: $game_system.battle_count += 1

2. When Move_Speed is greater than 4, menu just slides away.

The sliding works fine for me up to Move_Speed = 8, but I tried it at 10 and saw what you were talking about. It was caused by the windows moving too many pixels at a time it skips right over the checkpoint assigned to it. Fixed.

The battle error was caused by an aliasing problem in the Game_System class. It was a silly mistake on my end. Fixed.

With configuration left untouched, I had it at 5 and +.

What would have been super duper is a slight acceleration effect.

Edited by andiamo

You may want to check compatibility with KMS Generic Gauge.

When this script is placed above Pac Main Menu Ace, the game stops running when calling the menu (ligne 193 ArgumentError, wrong number of arguments (6 for 8)).

When it is placed below yours, it is the display of HP that "sort of mess up".

This is because KMS Generic Gauge alters the method which draws gauges. In the default scripts, the draw_gauge method requires 6 arguments to function properly (x, y, width, rate, color1, color2), and KMS changes these arguments (file, x, y, width, ratio, offset, len_offset, slope[, gauge_type]). Because PAC MM only gives 6 arguments, and KMS requires 8, the interpreter goes "AAAAAHHHH" and errors.

To remedy this, retrieve an updated version of PAC MM from the pastebin link in the first post (the version number is the same because the difference is just one line), and set Exp_Gauge to false. You won't get the EXP gauge on the main menu screen, but it won't error.

Yo :) i have a request or a suggestion or call it whatever you like.

is it possible, at least in compact mode to remove the time, and instead show party member sprites and little HP bars in that window instead?

i made a image in paint, so it is super awesome:

requestrm.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awesome Menu!

But I would like to add a ''fast travel'' Command. When selected you get teleported on a Map where I handle everything with evets.

I never scripted and I don't have any idea of what to do to add the Command and to link it with a Common Event. Could you please help me?

Edited by Bohne

Go to line 111, and just above Save put this

['World Map',
   'command_world_map',
   'true'],
 #----------

then go to the bottom of the script and paste this code just after the 'end' on the "on_personal_cancel" method

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 # * [World Map] Command
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 def command_world_map
   #---------------------------------------------
   $game_map.setup(2) # Map ID (ie 1, 6, 10, 121 )
   $game_player.moveto(10, 10) # X, Y Position
   #---------------------------------------------
   $game_player.transparent = true
   $game_player.refresh
   Graphics.fadeout(30)
   $game_map.autoplay
   SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)
 end

Change the Map ID and the X, Y coordinates, and you should be good. I made it so that the player becomes transparent after the map transfer since I don't know what you're going to be doing with them. So you'll need to have some sort of event that makes them visible again if you want that on your map.

@lazyV ~ I'm not doing your request since this is Pacman's script and I don't want to modify it like that as long as he still supports it. But he is however not active around here; your best bet is to find him on RMRK.

Thank you thank you thank you :D you are awesome like a ninja :ph34r:

Edited by lazyV

im using some scripts, but i can`t find the commands... hahahaha...

and im confused with the #4 and 5 elements. Please help how can i use that elements?! :(

(Sorry For My Bad English)