I'm using Quest Journal [VXA] for my Questing script.
I was wondering how, if possible, to track those quests...

I think I've got everything else figured out thus far though.

Is it just me, or is Casper's website down? I'm unable to access any of the links.

are they backed up anywhere? or is this a temporary issue?

Hey,

is it possible to change the variables of achievements in the game? I would like certain achievements to change their description/name_before_unlock as soon as you reach a specific point in the story. Unfortunately, I don't know this programing language, so I am not sure if it is possible, or if it is, how to access/change the variables.

Edited by Bobam

Hello, first off...great script! But I have a quesiton:

How do you set up 2 different items as rewards?

I've tried several things but I keep getting errors, I'm sure it's something stupid I've over looked. but say I wanted to have

REWARD[4] = [5, 1, :item] + [5, 4, :item]

how do I enter that correctly?

Thanks!

Try 

$csca.achievements[ID].earned

So, if i want to use a condition branch if achievement 1 is earned, then i will write this in script call: "$csca.achievements[iD].earned is true"?

Hello,

How do you add more than 1 Reward type? Like... Items and Gold? or Gold and Exp? I know how to write up the reward, but not multi-rewards...not sure how to enter more than 1 correctly into the layout.

Also I am using CSCA Menu organizer...how can I bump the "Achievements" entry up the list? it's near the middle/bottom now by default, kind of inconvenient for something you might want to access kind of frequently. I'd like to put it above the default commands..

Edited by DownScale

Hello,

How do you add more than 1 Reward type? Like... Items and Gold? or Gold and Exp? I know how to write up the reward, but not multi-rewards...not sure how to enter more than 1 correctly into the layout.

Also I am using CSCA Menu organizer...how can I bump the "Achievements" entry up the list? it's near the middle/bottom now by default, kind of inconvenient for something you might want to access kind of frequently. I'd like to put it above the default commands..

Anyone, please?

Edited by DownScale

About the only thing I would suggest to update is that when unlocking more than one achievement at the same time, the game will still only show a pop-up for one achievement. It'd be better if it cycled through them when unlocking more than one at a time.

Other than that, fantastic script.

About the only thing I would suggest to update is that when unlocking more than one achievement at the same time, the game will still only show a pop-up for one achievement. It'd be better if it cycled through them when unlocking more than one at a time.

Other than that, fantastic script.

I agree!

Also how do you have multi-rewards inplace for 1 achivement completion?

FREAKING 70$ TO USE YOUR SCRIPTS i could go anywhere else and get one just like this for free.

Instead of taking the time to sign up to the forum just to post that, would it not have been easier to go anywhere else like you said?

It seems you posted here for a problem you already solved yourself.

If someone offers something with terms you don't agree with here - don't use it.

You need to update your demo on http://www.caspergaming.com/Developer_Tools.html, it's still on 1.1 instead of 2.2.1 .

Also on http://www.caspergaming.com/Developer_Tools.html your Teleport - Forum link just pops up the Developer Tools page again.

Hope my C&C helps you out here.

This

$game_achievements[2] = true

didn't work.

What must I do to make it work?

Please let me know the answer soon.

Are you trying to earn an achievement?

#==============================================================================
# ** Script Calls
# earn_achievement(symbol)
#
# Sets an achievement to earned. The symbol parameter is the achievement's symbol.

The way you're trying to do it is the old way, which no longer works in the newest version of the script.

Follow halrawk's instruction there.

can you make a little demo because script instructions are very confusing and I really don't know how to add achievements, what to edit, how to activate, how to display locked and completed achievements

a demo would be really nice

I tried calling the scrip in the event by placing earn_achievement(achievement1)  but it displays an error message what symbol do I have to place how do I call it ?

EDIT:

never mind I just forgot to put ":" these 2 dots it works now it shows an achievement....I am slowly figuring out everything else since I got this to work I'll be back if I run into more confusion and problems

Edited by PotatoGangsta

I have a different problem now....how do I open my achievement screen its right there in the character menu but nothing happens when I select it I also have accomplished a achievement as well

also can I add Achievements selection title to my main menu Title screen where New Game, Continue, Shutdown is ???

sir can you make it compatible with yanfly or modern algebras main menu? if it`s possible only?

It is already compatible with Yanfly's menu engine. I hate people continually asking this, but almost every script is compatible with Yanfly Menu Engine. I should know, I put them all in it for my project (like 13 different additions).

I'll give you a hint, as you should be able to figure this out fairly easily. Here's a tip for everyone having problems trying to figure out really simply stuff: look at how someone else already did it, and then try and copy it.

Look at the Tactics Ogre Crafting Script, for similar code (it turns out I modified it for CSCA - Encyclopedia already):

# ++ Scene_Menu

class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# compatibility method : command_encyclo

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

def command_encyclo(*args)

SceneManager.call(Scene_CSCA_Encyclopedia)

end

end # class Scene_Menu

[/code]

Now, you can easily modify this to apply to your Achievements scene, and then add the code to the bottom of the Achievements script. Then you go into Yanfly Menu Engine, and figure out how to add in :command_achievements (or whatever you named it). It should be straightforward.

When I try to call SceneManager.call(Scene_CSCA_Achievement) it doesn't work and I get a game_interpreter error.