Victor Sant

VE - Custom Vehicles

Hi :)

Your script download link on your sight page opens up your script for Victor Engine - Actors Battlers.

On a side note:

Would it be possibly to request an additional feature? (Not sure if you do requests ^.^; sorry if you don't and please disregard the following...)

I'm looking for a feature to be able to "Enter" my vehicle (Airship) whiles in the air by pressing the (by default) escape key (instead of opening menu, it would teleport me to a map of my choosing that would serve as the interior of the vehicle) then use a script call or whatever means to return back to the map I was originally flying on.

Don't know how difficult this would be to implement... I'm doing it the old eventing way, but it feels really clunky as of how it works.

Looks like a great script none the less!

I think someone made a script that do this, although i don't know it's compatible with the custom vehicles, i have plans of doing this as as separated script, but no for now.

Also i fixed the link, thanks for the report.

Let me know if this is/was just a problem I was having but after removing scripts individually from my project until finding the solution I've fairly sure the problem lay in this particular script. When loading battlebacks for random encounters the Cache (I believe it's the Cache) seems to want to use the same name for both Battlebacks1 and Battlebacks2. What this means, from what I can tell, is that say if an encounter happens on a tile that uses different names (ex. Battlebacks1 as Dirt1 and Battlebacks2 as Grassland) it will come up with a missing graphics error (e.g. can't find "Graphics/Battlebacks2/Dirt1").

Again, it may be something else, but I'm fairly confident that this was the issue. If I'm completely off, someone feel free to point it out :)

Edited by Lord Bacon of Westcheddar

I got an error, only using Custom Vehicles and the Basic Module (v1.13). Setup correctly, under materials above main, with basic module first.

error is...

Script 'Custom Vehicles' line 616: NameError occurred.

Undefined local variable or method 'update_stop_ve_step_sound' for

#<game_custom_vehicle:0x80473f8>

I have little knowledge of scripts, I'm an eventer, so if there's something I'm missing... lol. I double checked and all the graphics and such that the pre-set custom vehicles referenced exist, and I changed their x,y to new locations since my starting map wasn't as big, etc (same map id though, no issue there). I guess I'm just not sure what that error means. at all. err, help!

Edited by Brandy Ford

huge thanks! amazing script!

just one last thing! is there a notetag I can use to force the player to board a vehicle? like if they just caught a wild horse or something, rather than call it next to them, and then let them mount it themselves, call it right to them and then force mount.

Edited by Brandy Ford

I'm using this scipt and your basic module, and the balloon doesn't make any sounds like it's setup to do in the script. It shows the balloon, and you can ride it, but no sound?

I'm using this scipt and your basic module, and the balloon doesn't make any sounds like it's setup to do in the script. It shows the balloon, and you can ride it, but no sound?

The sound works fine here.

Getting an error on line 540 every time I try to get on the horse.

no method error.

undefined method 'set_location' for nil:NilClass.

What do I do to fix that?

What do I do to fix that?
Don't use old save files after installing scripts.

A lot of scripts insert new values that are stored on the save files, and loading saves that don't have these values will cause errors.

Pursuant to your advice, I played a new game.  I can get on the horse with out crashing, I simply can't move the horse.  What line of coding do I need to add?

I hadn't set the event to be below my character, so it was staying there blocking the horse from moving.  Thanks for your help.  Now I just have to find out what is causing that in another code.

Edited by Notsalony

The script doesnt appear to even active. I say this because, as a test, I set the starting position of the boat a few space over from the coordinates I set in the script and it wasn't there. I know that after installing a new script you should make a new save and I did. Nothing. Have the region ID for the water set to 7. Here is what I have in the script editor:

[boat: "<speed: 5> <init map: 1> <init pos: 43, 14>
            <character name: Vehicle> <character index: 1>
            <music: 'Scene4', 100, 100> <passability: boat>
            <land region: 1, 2, 3> <pass terrain: 7>
            <block region: 1>", ]

Perhaps you can shed some light on the issue?

Also, no errors pop up. The game runs normally, i just can't move in the water.
Edited by DeathstickeR