Mr. Bubble

Tactics Ogre PSP Crafting System

Tactics Ogre PSP Crafting System

Script by Mr. Bubble

tocrafting01.pngtocrafting03.png

Summary

This item crafting script is modeled after the crafting system implemented in the PSP remake of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. It’s a very simple crafting system with a very simple GUI which I also used as a model.

Players must have recipe books in their inventory when entering the crafting scene. Any recipe books owned by the player will be displayed in a list. When a recipe book is selected, all possible items, armors, and weapons in the recipe book will be listed and you will be able to craft them provided that the player has the necessary ingredients.

Script

Can be found here: http://wp.me/PxlCT-mI

Installation

Paste this script into its own page within the "Materials" section in the script editor of your project.

How to Use

This script utilizes notetags and has a customization module. Please read the comments thoroughly.

Compatibility

This script aliases some default VXA methods. There are no default method overwrites.

Requests for compatibility with other scripts are encouraged and welcome.

Terms and Conditions

Free for non-commercial use.

If you wish to use this for commercial games, contact me first.

Please feel free to post coding and efficiency suggestions, script features suggestions, and bug reports.

Yes! A Thousand times yes! Now I might actually be able to make Menagerie in VX Ace.

Notetag based too, excellence.

Hmm... I wonder if it uses the same notetag formulae as Yanfly's crafting system in VX, if so, my work is already done.

Great! It's working perfectly! With some events modify, I made crafting shop through NPC, like one in Final Fantasy 9... Just what I want!

But, it seems, Gold can't be an ingredient? I think, Gold may be useful in crafting, so, I will be very happy, if you add this, Mr. Bubble!

And about other useful (I hope) feature: non-consumable materials or Tools. In example, for Iron Sword recipe you need 2 Iron Bar and Smith Hammer. After crafting, 2 Bars will be consumed, and Smith Hammer (Tool) will be not.

Awesome work - and it's waaay more streamlined than its iteration in TO, to boot! A few things to top this off, I'd imagine, would be the ability to list gold as an ingredient and the option to craft more than one item at once.

(edit: uhh, looks like one of my browser's extensions doesn't like ip boards...)

Edited by #tag this

Great! It's working perfectly! With some events modify, I made crafting shop through NPC, like one in Final Fantasy 9... Just what I want!

But, it seems, Gold can't be an ingredient? I think, Gold may be useful in crafting, so, I will be very happy, if you add this, Mr. Bubble!

And about other useful (I hope) feature: non-consumable materials or Tools. In example, for Iron Sword recipe you need 2 Iron Bar and Smith Hammer. After crafting, 2 Bars will be consumed, and Smith Hammer (Tool) will be not.

People have different ideas on how they would want a crafting system in their game. I considered it at first, but I wanted to gauge whether there was interest in it. I'm not quite sure how I would add that information to the scene. Any thoughts on where?

Awesome work - and it's waaay more streamlined than its iteration in TO, to boot! A few things to top this off, I'd imagine, would be the ability to list gold as an ingredient and the option to craft more than one item at once.

Gold is possible and easy to implement, but I would like input from people on where they would want the gold window and cost information.

Crafting more than one is possible, but uh, I'll wait and see if more people want it. I eventually want to add an in-game option to skip the confirm window and results window though.

Gold is possible and easy to implement, but I would like input from people on where they would want the gold window and cost information.
If it were me, I'd just put it in the reagents window, like say you want to make an item that gives you double gold acquisition rate.

For me I summarise this as a treasure chest called Goblin's Avarice, so the requirements would be some wood, iron and 10,000 Gold. and they would all be displayed in the same window similarly to Yanfly's Synthesis Script.

LottaRecipesThar.png

Like that.

Ofcourse I dont speak for everyone.

Edited by Jacquerel(BizM)

If it were me, I'd just put it in the reagents window

Agreed.

On screenshot Gold looks better then I'm imagine... (don't thought about "gold required" label, but it looks nice).

For Tools can be used same way. It's standart item/weapon/armor (armor???) icon + name, but instead of amount - just a text (i.e. Tool, or even [Tool]). Well, I hardly imagine situations, where you need more then 1 instrument of same type.

When "Tool" text is red - you missed this instrument. As variation:

B) Cool Smile Tool___________Available

:ph34r: Ninja Smile Tool_________Not Available

About craftin more then one... Is it about creation x10 Wooden Arrow from one piece of Oak Wood? Or crafting multiple items (like leftovers, when using Stone to create Stone Axe and get Stone Dust also)? Sounds interesting, I think, so I interested in both ^__^

Edited by AlexArmstrong

While I would never have ammunition be a thing, this is a good idea too, I think [is it about creation x10 Wooden Arrow from one piece of Oak Wood?] was the idea #tag this had, and its a good one because making one arrow from expensive wood is not only dumb, and unrealistic, but also more consumptuous than it needs to be.

Edit: i wouldn't recommend it, I have pretty long recipe book names and combined with my reasonably lengthy material named (Blue Sun primer for example) this could get very untidy, I'm happy to use the current method.

HumorousCodexesForTheMentallyVoid.png

For reference, thats how long. I'm gonna be making some changed to the width of these windows as it is by the look of things.

Also i just thought of a suggestion, That right panel is empty pre-alchemy, perhaps an image could be an optional space filler, so long as it was disposed of once you open it.

I'd love to make images for these tomes of hilariously obtuse knowledge.

Kind of like this.

00116.gif

But smaller obviously.

Ok, so here's what I got coded out.

O0MAw.png

• Unconsumed, required tools feature working.
  • Crafting fee implemented
  • Fixed the issue with recipes with long names getting cut off in the recipes list window.

Would the gold being listed in the ingredients window like a regular ingredient be okay with most people or would people prefer the traditional separate gold window?

I will be working on crafting more than one at a time when I wake up later today. :P

Would people prefer that the Ingredient information all be on one line rather than two?

I would prefer that you let 2 lines for items descriptions, we never know if people will need space or not.

Would the gold being listed in the ingredients window like a regular ingredient be okay with most people or would people prefer the traditional separate gold window?

If the gold is an ingredient, you can let it on the same window but if it's the cost/fee it will be better to put it on a seperate window.

But if it's the cost, that won't make sense because player can craft directly in the menu.

Can you put some script calls for the books recipes that people make ?

That will let the option for the creator to make a crafting shop or not.

I am sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Chaos17

Can you put some script calls for the books recipes that people make ?

That will let the option for the creator to make a crafting shop or not.

There's already script calls to open the crafting scene, simply add a common event to the recipes if you want to call it directly from them.

I myself will be utilizing a menu script to make this easily accessible, or maybe I'll make use of an alchemiter.

O0MAw.png

Perfect, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ofcourse I dont speak for everyone, but as someone who needed a script like this, it answers the call perfectly. While I didn't plan to have recipe books, and had a recipe for each item, this is a load more effiicent and brings down my item list down from its hefty 205 ID's some what.

Also it gives me the chance to have perfectly entertaining book names which should get a few laughs outta people.

Edit: Hmm, I might enourage you to have two line and one line ingredients configurable, while I doubt I'd be able to have over 7 ingredients for an item, (an extra one and a half because of resolution.) I could certainly see some people running into this error.

Also it gives me the chance to have perfectly entertaining book names which should get a few laughs outta people.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I really liked your suggestion for book cover images. I will work on it after the next version update.

Haha, really? Thanks.

And awesome, now I must start work on smithing for stupids, or maybe Garbage Making: For Dumbasses, oh man Im gonna have a field day with all this.

Edit: Success. Potions of Dubious Interest is Complete.

RB1.png

It's smaller than you might expect because I plan to increase the width of the recipebook selection window.

Hi, wonderful script you have here !

One thing, though...

The instructions say that a tool must be declared as "tool: item: id". This will consume the tool (because of the "item: id" part).

Whereas the example says "tool: item id". That effectively work as intended

Man, when I woke up I expected this to still be 1.1. Two versions since then. Damn... I mean DAAAAMN.

1.4 now? o:

Welp I'm gonna get busy, cover picture support is in.

This is really neat crafting system, i really like it, but i have some suggestion. How about an option to craft a bunch of one item from one recepy, bor example i have one lead ingot, and from one lead ingot i can make 25 bullets. You know what i mean?