Mr. Bubble

Tactics Ogre PSP Crafting System

Awesome system. I might be able to pull something from Record of Agarest War Zero, due to this system. With that being said, however, is there a functionality, or in the future, could it be added, that upon the completion of crafting an item, that particular item/weapon/armor can be bought in the regular shop? That would make resource grinding largely easier.

That would require a new script.

The update pile doesnt stop from getting taller. I dont think I've seen anyone add on to a script like this so fast and reliably, and each update is usually equipped with new features.

Will there be a v2.0?

There have been some good suggestions going around if you plan to make this a feature heavy update.

I have no need for it, but a lot of people have been asking for multiples of the same item to come out of a craft, like a log of wood and an iron ingot making 10 Iron Bolts, its a good idea. It would still be basic and simple, i'd recommend for the note tags you could simply have it so it would be an id and then x'n', 'n' would be a number which would be how many would be yielded.

I would have to put bulk amount crafting tags within the <ingredients> tag. It would just be easier for me to implement that way.

I had another idea/suggestion, this is an another addon which could be handy, welding down items into their base ingredients, could probably use salvage: array within a recipe book like so.

I've already made a dismantle script.

http://mrbubblewand....ismantle-items/

The update pile doesnt stop from getting taller. I dont think I've seen anyone add on to a script like this so fast and reliably, and each update is usually equipped with new features.

Will there be a v2.0?

There have been some good suggestions going around if you plan to make this a feature heavy update.

I have no need for it, but a lot of people have been asking for multiples of the same item to come out of a craft, like a log of wood and an iron ingot making 10 Iron Bolts, its a good idea. It would still be basic and simple, i'd recommend for the note tags you could simply have it so it would be an id and then x'n', 'n' would be a number which would be how many would be yielded.

I would have to put bulk amount crafting tags within the <ingredients> tag. It would just be easier for me to implement that way.

Not sure exactly what you mean, but you know what you're doing.

I had another idea/suggestion, this is an another addon which could be handy, welding down items into their base ingredients, could probably use salvage: array within a recipe book like so.

I've already made a dismantle script.

http://mrbubblewand....ismantle-items/

My Golly do I feel silly now. Well, thats neat, here I thought Id thought of something apropos, and you'd made another entire script for it.

I have one last idea, if you dont select the cover image to scale, it puts it in the upper left corner if its smaller than the suggested dimensions, is there a way you could have an option to center it? for example,

if CENTER_COVER = true
coverwindow_graphics.width / 2 + cover.bitmap / 2
coverwindow_graphics.height / 2 + cover.bitmap / 2

Obviously this wont work in practise because I have no idea if this is compiled right, nor the integers, its just to help out with what I picture.

I could probably manage it myself, but I wouldnt know how to add an option, and since some people would do it differently, it wouldn't be advised for public use.

Edited by Jacquerel(BizM)

Yeah, I'll do that. I believe I had it on my mental checklist for this recent update, I just forgot. I'll be on vacation until after this weekend though so you'll have to wait a bit.

Ok, this turned out to be much easier than I thought:

#==============================================================================
# ++ Window_TOCraftingCover
#==============================================================================
class Window_TOCraftingCover < Window_Base
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 # draw_bookcover
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 def draw_bookcover(x, y)
return unless @item
bitmap = Cache.recipebook_cover(@item.tocrafting_bookcover)
rect = Rect.new(0, 0, contents.width, contents.height)
if stretch_pictures?
  contents.stretch_blt(rect, bitmap, bitmap.rect)
else
  x = (contents.width - bitmap.width) / 2
  y = (contents.height - bitmap.height) / 2
  contents.blt(x, y, bitmap, rect)
end
bitmap.dispose
 end

end # class Window_TOCraftingCover

Install this below the crafting script. If there are no problems, I will add the changes into the next version update.

this script is not NICE! its GODLY GREAT!!! :D.

so user friendly, easy to customize, easy to setup. not to mention its still look great. :D

and the super fast update too. i just plug the script and at most two days later... Wow new patch with new feature.

Great job Mr Bubble.

the best crafting system i've known ever (no offense other scripter :D).

Damn, I'm almost mad that this looks so good. Having to test a crafting system is going to add hours to time... not even going into the implementation! Beautiful. I'll be testing implementation in the next day or two to see if I have any compatibility issues... (Currently running many...many... possibly incompatible scripts).

Damn, I'm almost mad that this looks so good. Having to test a crafting system is going to add hours to time... not even going into the implementation! Beautiful. I'll be testing implementation in the next day or two to see if I have any compatibility issues... (Currently running many...many... possibly incompatible scripts).

perhaps some custom item script won't be compatible. or individual equipment.

Noob question.... how do I add ingredients? I put them under the <ingredients> thing but when I call the script theres no ingredients required to make my items, any help?

That isn't enough information since I don't know what you're doing wrong.

I suggest looking at the examples.

I get an error in Game_Interpreter. I was wondering how to use the script call, because i'm using the Yanfly Menu Engine,

i've tried running the script call in a common event for both the menu and from the item, i've even tried changing the items to

a category. So... script call help?

P.S. Error in Game_Interpreter line:1409

undefined_method 'call_toolcrafting_scene' for

<#Game_Interpreter:0x8da9d5c>

It's compatible with Modern Algebra's Item Instances (which does the same thing as Fomar's individual equips).  It even lists all of the variations of an item as one item when using that item as an ingredient.

I seem to get an error when adding an SE to the item creation. But it only occurs when I use an SE that is imported, it works fine with Default SE files. I can listen to the file just fine in the Editor's Sound Test, but it says unable to find whenever I test in game. I've restarted the program after adding the file to see if that was necessary, and i got the same "unable to find" error.

EDIT:

Just to make sure, I added my desired SE file to the Enterbrain/RGSS3... folder, then tried to see if this fixed the problem. As I expected, this did fix my problem, but I'm positive that if I ever wanted to release my game, I would have to include RTP in its download file in order for it to be playable, and I really don't want to do that.

So, please help.

Edited by hiromu656

Is there a way to let the player choice what item he wants to use to create an item?

For example to create a Stonesword u can use 2 Blackstones or 1 Whitestone and the player can choice what he want to use?

Can you remove the Recipe Book requirement & just let the player mix items freely & just implement a 'Those won't mix' message if they aren't mixable?

Edited by Animebryan

I'm getting the same problem as hiromu656.  When I playtest my game in the editor, it has no problem finding the SE to play when I craft an item.  If I compress the game data into the version for others to play, the script is unable to find imported SE's, even when they in the SE folder and are played fine through event commands in the game.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Great script! I'm loving it, and it was very easy to set up. It's perfect for what I had in mind, and now I won't have to use tacky loophole systems for my crafting!

I can't seem to access the link to the script on the wordpress site, is there some alternative way for me to get it? Just Idk much about scripting and this script looks perfect for me to have a crafting system for a inventor type character so various gadgets could be made, I even thought of connecting event spawners to the crafted items if I can figure it out.