Mr. Bubble

woratana's Database Limit Breaker

woratana's Database Limit Breaker - VXA/RGSS3

Created by woratana

Ported to RGSS3 by Mr. Bubble

post-103-0-52822300-1325273741_thumb.png

(Screenshot taken from VX database)

Summary

Allows you to exceed the imposed 999 limit for entries in the database. Also allows more than 5000 game switches and game variables, but who the heck needs more than that?

Ported because I don't want to hear anymore whining from people who think they actually need more than 999 anything.

This script will not work in the Ace Trial version. I had someone test this script in the Ace full version and confirmed that it does work with the VX Ace Tilesets tab.

Script

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=GwH8AQK7

Installation

Paste this script into its own page within the "Materials" section in the script editor of your project.

How to Use

Follow the steps carefully as it needs to be done exactly as described. Highly recommended that you backup your project first.

1. Open your project (Recommend to backup your database files first~)
  2. Paste this script in above 'Main'.
  3. Set DLB_USE_IT = true
  4. Setup database files you want to change, in DLB_DATA
  5. Run your game...
  6. When it finished, game will close itself
  7. Close your project *without save*
  8. Open your project again. Done!
  9. Set DLB_USE_IT = false. Leave this script in your Script Editor (XP/VX). If you are using VX Ace, you do not need to leave this script in your Script Editor.

Terms and Conditions

Terms taken from woratana's 2009 Christmas Pack VX:

- All the scripts I wrote in this demo can be use in any free game for free.

As long as you give me a credit in your game.

- For the commercial project, please PM me if you want to use my script, or

e-mail to woratana@hotmail.com and we can talk about it.

- Keep in mind that I'm not expecting for money, but I'm expecting for free copy

of the game. :P

Credit to Mr. Bubble is not necessary.

Does this allow for more than 999 maps?

i would hate to be the one mapping those lmao

I feel the same way but if i can't get a random dungeon generator to do what I need it to then I have no other choice but to make 30 to 50 pre-generated maps per theme & my dungeon has 200 floors with it's theme changing every 10 floors for a total of 20 themes, for a approximate total of between 600 to 1000 maps. It's a lot of work but its looking like the only way now.

i would simple do something else lmao, i suppose once your started it wont seem as bad...maybe...

I'm too stubborn to let this go. This dungeon I'm working on is my pride & joy. If I can't do it 1 way, then I'll find another round-about way to do it. Perseverance is the key to getting things done.

technically you don't need any scripts to have more than 999 maps, you can just rename a map to Map1000.rvdata2 after you're done editing it then call a script to transfer them to map_id 1000.

technically you don't need any scripts to have more than 999 maps, you can just rename a map to Map1000.rvdata2 after you're done editing it then call a script to transfer them to map_id 1000.

So basicly I can make some maps in the editor than go into the Data folder in my project & change the name to Map1000+? Does that really work?

I don't know if it really works Animebryan, but I'm in the same boat. I'd like to do something over the top and RMVXA kinda makes it a tad difficult to do what we want with this whole map thing, especially when we want to do something a little bit more hardcore and go the extra bit just to get what we want.

I'm going to use this script for the random dungeons. It seems like a pretty legit script. Either way I'm destined to find out if I can get over this threshold of 999 maps and past the 500x500 tiles map size.

Hmm. does Database Breaker currently support most scripts that dependent on items, armor, weapons, variable and switches? I wanna GO crazy

Is there anything to break the limit of map events? or some external tool to crack your map into separate ones. I made an over-world map before i knew anything and I'm stuck with it. And just hit the ceiling on allowed number of events :-((( Can anybody help a dude out?

Just copy and paste your map in the editor to create a second map, press ctrl+T to open the "shift" menu, shift the part of the map that you want to keep top-left corner, and then resize your map to crop out the things you don't need.

Edited by Tsukihime

I know this is a really, really old thread, but is there a way to do more than 99 Elements (or Weapon Types)?

I'm trying to do a system where each skill has a specific element or type attached to it, so that each enemy has a specific weakness. It's for a Japanese learning game I'm hoping to create, where you have skills that correspond to the monsters you encounter (like you're taking a kind of exam). At the start of each battle, the character's class is changed in order to alter what skills the player has, so that you don't have to scroll through a butt-ton of options to find the right "answer" to the monsters you're fighting.

In the interim I'm looking for my own solution to this, but if there's any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Is there someway this works with scripts that depended on class/items/skills and weapons (notetags)? and yes, I'm going crazy with this one and I don't want an error or impossibles