Nicke

XS - Item Durability

xs.png

XS - Item Durability

Version 1.0b

Introduction

This script will enable a durability effect to every items, weapons and armors ingame. Using the notetag system you can specify current/maximum durability value. This script is pretty extensive and changes the aspects alot, i.e if a item is at durability value 0.0 (total broken) you cannot use that item anymore and if it does get broken in battle it will automatically be unequipped.

Features

• Easy to see the current/maximum durability value for every items.
  • Check repairable status, current and maximum durability value for a specific item using a script call.
  • Enabled at default a durability log will be displayed at battle if a item has been broken.
  • Shop support repairing.
  • A random factor will decide which items to be damaged and by how much each time at battle.
  • The ability to decide item repair price and durability damage formula.
  • And more!

Screenshots

xs-item-durability1.png

xs-item-durability2.png

How to Use
Instructions how to use it can be find inside the script.
To install this script, open up your script editor and copy/paste this script to an open slot below Materials but above Main. Remember to save.

Script
Get the script here and the Numeric Class.

Updates
Released 1.0b. Fixed a serious item bug which would shutdown the game. This script now also requires IceDragon's Numeric class in order to function.

Credit
Do credit me, Nicke, if you are planing on using this script. Thanks.
Can be use in a commercial project.

Edited by Nicke

Hi, whenever I attack an enemy I get an no method error on line 188;

'Undefined method 'durability''

I think it might be to do with the ABS I'm using, which is the Blasphemia ABS.

Updated to 1.0a. Cleaned up the code etc and fixed a bug.

Hotfixed version 1.0b released. Fixed a serious item bug and included IceDragon's Numeric class which is now required to use this script.

Neat script.

I implemented it and am having a bit of an issue. I am able to make items take damage on use. (tools equipped as weapons take damage when i do things like mine or farm). However I have 2 problems.

1. Unequipping an item that is damaged stacks it with another item of the same type and both seem to share the damage.

2. Exiting and restarting the game from save point restores full durability on the items.

Any ideas on a fix for this? thanks.

Edited by jtkirk86

I can't get this to work.  I have both the "Item Durability" script and the "Numeric Class" script saved as individual scripts between materials and main. I have <durability: 9.0>

<max_durability: 9.0>

<repairable: true>

in my note tag for the armor item in the first slot. I am using both the XS core and Menu but the durability does not display in the menu. I can go do a few battles and eventually stuff will break, but there is nothing in the menu that says how much durability is left. 

Please help me, this is the best durability script I have found and I would really like to use it.

I dont know if its something im messing up on my end , but wen i click the linkto get the script , it tells me that the site is down? Is there an alternate place to get the script from ?