Vlue

Advanced Game Time

Vlue to the rescue! Amazingly, that fixed the problem. I'm still unsure what other script was responsible for the problem but placing your advanced time script at the very bottom seems to have fixed it, as you mentioned. Tried several reloads and all reload the time it was on during the last save. Everything works now.

Thank you, Vlue!

Hello Vlue,

first sorry for my english (hope you could understand me eiteher, it's not my motherlanguage :D), you have so much awesome scripts, thank you for that.

So now to my question:

I start on a map use realtime as well, so if I play in the evening/night its dark. So if my character move to an indoor map it's dark as well. I tried GameTime.pause_tint(true), nothing happened. I used Notint to my indoor map, the indoor map has not tinting, but if I go outside the map, there's no tint as well.

I use Khas's lighting effects.

Have you any idea?

I hope that you could help me, I feel a little bit stupid, that I don't find anything that worked.

Edit: Got it, sorry for asking, I was a little bit dumb in this case.

Edited by Satharas

If you wanted to disable the button you can just change it to anything else like.. :none

and I'm pretty sure that won't make anything explode.

Is there a way to make the player have some minor control over the time?

For example if there is an event on the 3rd of the month, and today is the 1st of the month, can the player just wait it out?

Like in Skyrim for example or choose for how long they want to sleep like in the Witcher?

Edited by YaksterX

Also I am trying the basic version (not sure what in the advanced one is different), and so far it is really cool as I actually managed to figure out how to add my own months and days into it and such.

Then I have tried the Notint and Notime, and they are working perfectly.

But I was wondering, as use the notin notime I can still see the clock. Is there a way to make it invisible for that moment until I want to actually use the time?

And then, how do I remove the notint notime  when I do want the clock to show?

I am not that good with scripts and how to call them or pause them, so I have tried to put the GameTime::pause_time(true) on the first event that runs as auto in my game which is kind of an intro story video, and I am getting this error:

Script 'Game_Iterpreter' line 1411: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'pause_time' for GameTime;Module

Any idea what this is?

I then tried to make a separate event that is Parallel (made sense to me) with the GameTime::pause_time(true), because in my head I said yeah I will do that then later when I need the script I will just tell the event to stop or something like that, but it gave me the same error.

Wow, this script is AWESOME! Question: Could you please implement a system to this script where a variable reflects the time (0-1440) like in the basic time system and automatically updates? That would be SO handy!

Thanks very much!

EDIT: So I winded up not being able to use this script after all, but I fixed everything up in my game. Disregard my earlier post~

This script is perfect for what I'm going for! I'm pretty new to all this, I think I might need help understanding something:

So I have two different map sets for day and night. Between 6 AM and 5:59 PM players will transfer to the "Day" maps when moving between maps, and between 6 PM and and 5:59 AM players will transfer to "Night" maps.

I've set up a common event like this and placed a call seperate from the transfer event in the map:

NightandDay1_zps533f9d8d.jpg

Then I have the transfer event:

NightandDay2_zps1e08b540.jpg

When the player walks on to the transfer, it only moves the player to the night version of the roof ("Nightroof01") no matter what the time is.
Am I just making some error with the switches?

Here's the map I'm testing this on, for clarification.

NightandDay3_zpsaf0df4f4.jpg

Thanks a bunch, I hope that's enough information.

Edit: OH and I thought I'd let you know I'm going to be using a few of your scripts, because they're super awesome. I'm crediting to V.M., hope that's right~

Edited by Nyapurgisnacht

Hey Vlue, I'm trying to set the time to 9pm by using GameTime.change (nil,nil,21,nil,nil,nil,nil) but I keep getting an error saying

syntax error

can't assign to nil.

Any thoughts?

Hey Vlue, I'm trying to set the time to 9pm by using GameTime.change (nil,nil,21,nil,nil,nil,nil) but I keep getting an error saying

syntax error

can't assign to nil.

Any thoughts?

I'll halp ye! You're using the wrong command. It's actually:

GameTime.change(nil,nil,21,nil,nil,nil,nil)

There should be no space between the ".change" and the "(nil,nil,etc......

Glad t'help.

Thanks for the help! but I figured it out. I tried with and without the space and got the same error. To get it to work I actually had to do GameTime.manual(0,0,21,0,0,0,0). the .change threw an error eachctime. Weird right?

So, I want my Titlesets to Change based on the Month [season Change]
[i copied the Harvest Moon-esque Settings]

Only 4 months, I assumed they are numbered 0-3

So I set up a Conditional Branch

GameTime.month? == 0
Change Tileset to Spring
Else

GameTime.month? == 1

Change Tileset to Summer
Else

And so on.
Parallel Process that Runs on the map,
but if I set Start Time to [0,20,23,29,3,0]
My Game doesn't start in Winter, and Doesn't change over after Midnight.

How can I properly set this up?

EDIT I got it.
Start Time has months set to 0-3, but when you call GameTime.Month? you get 1-4.

Edited by Valentinez

Hello Vlue, I love the idea of changing tints by the time, and I used to combine your script and KHAS light effect. However, for some reason, I decide to use Victor's light effect instead of KHAS. And I notice that the tint, or I should say the actual effect in late night is entirely different. With KHAS, the night is dark, very dark while with  Victor's light (or without any light effect script), I think the night is far not dark enough, since I can even see the surroundings far away at night. That's not dark enough, even if I use the tint without any light, say (0,0,0)!!!

Is there a way to make the night darker without KHAS? I want a real dark night.

This probably seems like a dumb question, but how do I install this? I'd love to try it out for one of my new games, but..I'm a noob when it comes to adding scripts. X'D

#1 Is there any way this can be updated to include compatibility for Zeus Lights & Shadows? I'd like to be able to use the time of day portion but the tints used don't show the lights through. If I use Notint on the map properties and just tint with the normal tint call I'd have to figure out how to create my own time tint system. When I tried to do it my fps dropped to the 20s so yeah....

#2 I love the customizable clock but is it possible to add the function of fading when the character is behind it? (Like Falcao's Pearl skill bar)

If there are other options/scripts please direct me to them. Thanks.

Edited by Kensei Takezo

Having troubles, I'm trying to use a conditional branch to set variables and script calls that make characters go inside at night but it seems to not be working could I get some advice?

Edited by Savagemessiah11

Alright, Vlue. I'm a lover of your scripts, and honestly need your help. 

How would one change the rgba setting to the tone-type default for the VXACE engine? red/green/blue/opacity is great and all, but all my original set hues were all built on the ideal of red/green/blue/gray, and having r/g/b have the ability to recognize negative integers. I'm not getting anything when I input a "-100" in spots where they'd normally work in the engine's default tone change setting. What can I do to continue using this script AND regain the red/green/blue/GRAY option?

Very Nice script! I was wondering if you can add a BGM or BGS if it reaches night and day that'd be cool because I want to make a scary impending sound when it's night and a soothing sound when it's morning