Vlue

Advanced Game Time

Hi love this script, thanks. Is there a way to have an enemy or event to spawn on a particular day/time. Ie, wednesday between 2 - 4 am

Hi love this script, thanks. Is there a way to have an enemy or event to spawn on a particular day/time. Ie, wednesday between 2 - 4 am

Conditional branches can use script calls to check the time and day:

GameTime.day? == 3 && GameTime.hour? >= 2 && GameTime.hour? < 4

would be Wednesday between 2 and 4 am.

Execuse me, need some help

is there a way for an event to remember the time, for example, i have an actor that can join party just for a certain time (day, week) when his time is out, he will be forced to leave the party... can you help me please?

p.s : sorry for my bad english....

Variables, if you set the variables to the day/week you want the actor to be removed from the party, then have a common event continually check if the day/week is equal to said variable and remove the actor and reset if it is.

so, how is the way i can set variables to day/week/month or even year? i just found the TIMER_VARIABLES that count on down each second/minute in your script...

Under the event command for control variables, there's a script option. Just use one of the script calls, like... GameTime.hour? for hour. They are all in the script header.

Hi,

Sorry to necro. Your script is awesome.

I found one small bug -- when you first run the game timer, it's, by default, 12am. The tint doesn't kick in until the first minute-change. This means I go from broad daylight to dark midnight in a span of about a second.

I couldn't figure out how to fix it :) any chance you can fix it? The easiest repro case is the raw/default settings in your script in a new game.

Edited by ashes999

You're allowed to necro for the scripts, especially if you're having problems! That's not good.

As for that problem, yup! Updated the pastebin.

(Just had to change one number from 0 to -1)

• Like 1

Okay, thanks, I'll take a look when I get back home. I assume you tested it and it works :)

Whenever I try to go to menu it says

Script 'Vlue's Advanced Game Time' line 795: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `y' for nil:NilClass

Can you help? What do I do? By the way, I loved the other time script you made :D!

Late reply, had to finish up and submit my entry for the game contest.

Hmm, do you have a menu script that removes the gold_window? (Or changes it)

I was using Galv's Menu Themes Engine, and I think that is the problem. Is there a fix, or are they incompatible?

If they're not compatible its okay.

You can either disable the clock in menu (there's an options in the customization portion of the script to do so) OR change up the offending line (795) from

@clock.y = @gold_window.y - @clock.height

to

@clock.y = whatevernumberyouwant

for example

@clock.y = 390

• Like 1

Necro again...

I need a way to disable this for my intro, because my game is very time-sensitive and these lost minutes count.

I did a quick and rough job of this. It would be awesome if you could integrate a better version into a future copy of your script.

You can see my changes on GitHub here (scroll down to "advanced_game_time.rb").

You can already stop time in certain maps by tagging it as Notime or there's a script call to stop time:

GameTime.notime(true) and GameTime.notime(false) to stop and start time respectively. These functions have been there since the start and are detailed in the header :P

You can already stop time in certain maps by tagging it as Notime or there's a script call to stop time:

GameTime.notime(true) and GameTime.notime(false) to stop and start time respectively. These functions have been there since the start and are detailed in the header :P

EPIC fail.... ;_;

Thanks, much obliged.

I love this script! I can keep track of when, where, and what my characters are doing all at once and there is tons of customization mechanical-wise.

My only qualms with it is I'm sort of a total newb with scripting and I can't figure out if there is a way to do time-based events with it. For example if it is between 6PM and 8PM and you enter a specific house and event triggers. Or different characters appearing in different places on the map depending on what day of the week, day of month, or general time of day. I might just be totally missing it but yeah haha~

Also the customization is great so far! But I'm personally just not a fan of big, blocky white letters haha, I would have no idea how to edit this to be the fonts/colors I want them to be and move things around to sit on a HUD if I make one! Maybe I'm just missing that too!

EDIT: I scrolled through the most recent answers and see you more or less cover my first concern, it will just be a lot of coding for so many events that rely on it haha!

Edited by Riazey

The clock windows all use the default font, so if you change that then it'll change these. I'll keep a font option in mind for if/when I next update the script though.

Hey Vlue, you should make this script account for leap years.

It says August 30th 2014 is a Sunday but it's actually a Saturday, I'm assuming that is because the script doesn't use leap years.

Hmm, never thought of that. Good catch.

It's somewhat funny that for our fictional worlds, so many gamers are still using dates and times equal to ours here on Earth Prime. In fact, I'd be curious to see a poll, just to see the percentages of game-makers who actually develop different year, month, day, hour lengths for their game.

Not a rant; just an observation, with a bit of flippancy thrown in.

I love this script. After messing around with eventing a day and night system and trying a few other script this one is able to do what I need. Even the few questions I had were already answered by you, most people don't seem to be supporting their scripts anymore.

It's somewhat funny that for our fictional worlds, so many gamers are still using dates and times equal to ours here on Earth Prime. In fact, I'd be curious to see a poll, just to see the percentages of game-makers who actually develop different year, month, day, hour lengths for their game.

Not a rant; just an observation, with a bit of flippancy thrown in.

Still 12 months, 3 for each season, but 8 days in a week. They don't really use clocks that much since they are awake when it's bright enough and sleep when it's to dark

Aqary Pibuces Armar Taprus Gema Cerjur Lex Irgon Sebra Ocopen Nagtarvec Decabrico 

Firday, Watay, Lighday, Earday, Platay, Metay, Widay, Icay 

Year is currently unknown, but it's in AR (After Restart)

Not the most creative names and can easily get confusing for people that do not know my world, hahah

How would I go about activating events/common events based on the time, day, month or year? I thought one of the variables that you can set in the script was the key but nothing so far. I'd appreciate the help.

At the moment, am trying to make certain events pop up when it's night time.

Never mind. Had to browse the topic to find my answer. Is there any chance of updating the first post with the most commonly asked questions with answers? Thank you.

Edit 2: So, just searched through the whole topic again and haven't found an answer to one of my newer problems now that seems to be only affecting me and no one else it seems. Whenever I continue a save file, the time is reset to whatever it's set to in the script instead of resuming from the time that it was currently on when saving. How would I go about fixing this? I find it very annoying to have to wait a whole game day for night to hit to test something out when it's going back to morning time every single time I load up a save file. I apologize if I sound rash or anything.

Don't want to double post....

Edited by MHRob

There might be another script changing the way the project saves files and preventing game time from being saved, try placing this script below any others and seeing if it solves the problem.