eshra

Skill/Item Hotkeys

Skill/Item Hotkeys (with actionbar HUD)
Eshra

Introduction
This script gives the player the option to create hotkeys for their skills and items. A hotkey is a key on the keyboard such that when it is pressed, its associated skill or item will be used.

Features
- Hotkeys for skills and items
- Actionbar displaying the active hotkeys

Screenshots

Hotkey selection meu:
Menudisplay-1.png

Action bar
actionbardisplay.png

How to Use

The hotkey menu lists in game keys that can be associated with items or skills. These might not be the same as the keys on your keyboard.
To modify which game keys are associated with which real keyboard keys press f1 while running the game then click on the keyboard tab, you will get a menu that looks like this:

keysexplanation.png
/

The real keyboard keys on the menu are to the left:

explanationreal.png
^The spacebar key on the keboard is being associated with the game key called :C. If I want the spacebar to be the hotkey for a skill or item, I need to look at what the in-game key is for the spacebar. Since the in-game key for the spacebar is :C, on the hotkey menu, the skill or item that I want to associate with the spacebar should be linked to hotkey :C like this:

hotkeyexample-1.png

Script

Compatibility
I did not overwrite any methods, there are a few aliases listed in the source file.

I haven't tested this much so there are probably plenty of bugs in it. Just let me know what problems you run into and I'll try to fix them.

Edited by eshra

Updated the script, there was a major bug in that it did not work with skills. You can also now see the amount of items you have left from the actionbar addionally the actionbar can easily be turned on or off using a hotkey.

Updated script: http://rascripts.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/hotkey-bug-fix-view-item-amounts-and-hkey-actionbar-onoff/

onoff.png

itemamounts.png

Edited by eshra

Is it possible to use this script but disallow the player from setting their own hotkeys?  By that I mean, instead of the player setting their own hotkeys Items are preset to certain hotkeys with a note in the Database of VX Ace.  Also, can the display of the hotkeys be disabled as well?  I'm asking because I want to have a flashlight bound to a single button and not need the player to set this themself.

Is it possible to use this script but disallow the player from setting their own hotkeys?  By that I mean, instead of the player setting their own hotkeys Items are preset to certain hotkeys with a note in the Database of VX Ace.  Also, can the display of the hotkeys be disabled as well?  I'm asking because I want to have a flashlight bound to a single button and not need the player to set this themself.

Yeah someone else requested the ability to hide the action bar a little while ago I just hadn't updated the links here. The links are updated now. The other functionality can be made to work as well, this script is poorly designed though so it's a pain to modify w/o breaking something else. I'll make note of the request though.

Edited by eshra

Yeah someone else requested the ability to hide the action bar a little while ago I just hadn't updated the links here. The links are updated now. The other functionality can be made to work as well, this script is poorly designed though so it's a pain to modify w/o breaking something else. I'll make note of the request though.

Ok, It's still a couple months off till I start work on the game where I plan to have an item working at button press, still gotta get the first game of the series finished(small series)

is the script free for commercial use or is there a condition for commercial games?

It's free to use however you want.

thank you, wanted to be sure before accidentally using the script inappropriatly.

Eshra I have a problem with this Script. Can you help me? please is really important to me to have a hotkey bar on my rpg 

the following problem is this:

apparently the error is when the game doesn't find any icon on list. unfortunately I don't know anything about programming, so I cannot fix anything on my own :c

Error line :

m9271s.jpg