Got to say I'm really enjoying the game so far! Just to let you know, I did find an error you might want to know about...

(for anyone that hasn't played yet, this post contains spoilers)

After Cyrus is attacked and you control Leon alone looking for Siegfried and Persea you can leave town from the west exit. If you do this and you re-enter town the game will revert to the Cyrus attack scenes!

Nothing that can't be easily fixed. Haven't finished it yet...currently playing it in the background lol. This actually made me realize how dull and boring my dungeons are and I really like the way you handle yours- it keeps the player interested. I'll be checking in on your progress! Anyway...back to playing.

Got to say I'm really enjoying the game so far! Just to let you know, I did find an error you might want to know about...

(for anyone that hasn't played yet, this post contains spoilers)

After Cyrus is attacked and you control Leon alone looking for Siegfried and Persea you can leave town from the west exit. If you do this and you re-enter town the game will revert to the Cyrus attack scenes!

Nothing that can't be easily fixed. Haven't finished it yet...currently playing it in the background lol. This actually made me realize how dull and boring my dungeons are and I really like the way you handle yours- it keeps the player interested. I'll be checking in on your progress! Anyway...back to playing.

The following fix has been made, hopefully. Unfortunately, it may be a while before another update is posted, since I'm smack dab in the middle of Chapter 2 and would like to finish it before i post a new update.

No i'm not you gave me a piano piece on Hortator music hub for my title screen.........

Granted, that may have been an "epic" piano piece, but it probably will only be my "epic" piano piece. I am by no means a talented musician; I lean more towards the side of writing (note: RM Skill).

Edited by Lovely-Chan

For those of you who haven't been around to see my glorious and wonderful face, fear not, for I am still here. I have been pre-occupied recently with both The Last Prince and Pangya, both of which are very dear to me. I would guesstimate that I am about 80% done with Chapter 2 of The Last Prince, and about 15% done overall. As such, I am devoting my time to making sure that The Last Prince ends up as being the best of the best.

One thing I think about The Last Prince that was lacking in The Promised Land was the lack of reality in it. In The Last Prince, I combat this by having every cutscene exploit the living hell out of Sound Effects. A seemingly simple bow now has the same SFX, which adds a lot more realism to the game. Another thing is those small little mapping details. The B Section of the Exterior Maps is truly your best friend. It turned a completely blank landscape into a snowy paradise that cascades majestically and inspires the audience (not really, but that's how I feel).

I'm not expecting this to be like Pirate Rush in terms of originality and work, but knowing that there are people out there supporting me every step of the way makes all of the difference, so I thank you for that.

Look for the newest version of The Last Prince, Version 1.1b, to come out very soon!

Also, during the next update, I will change the OP.

hmm somehow i couldnt move after the fight with the cerberus. maybe an event bug?

Can you perhaps give more details? I can't seem to replicate the error, unless you entered from the far right side, in which case the tree will block your path. Whoops.

I finally got around to downloading this. I thought I would offer my thoughts/opinions (so you are free to ignore them of course).

I'm just going to add them here as I play, so they might seem a bit random haha.

I think the intro could be improved with moving images/background or something going on. While I am not sure if it was -too- much text to feed the player right at the start, I think that the images would help it along.

I like your NPC's. They aren't all generic and are actually worth talking to (and you don't have too many which is good). One gave me pasta! I like pasta.

I found it odd that the item store had 200 bucks in a chest near the entrance that I could rob and then use to buy items hehe

I spent 100 of that gold to sleep the night at the inn and it didn't count as spending the night... :( haha

When leaving a building, I don't think making the player press a key is needed. There's only one reason the player is walking to the exit, I think reducing the unnecessary action key would be cool. On the point of reducing unnecessary things - while Mog's save progress bar screen is pretty cool, it is just unnecessarily wasting the player's time. Perhaps it's possible to speed it up or something?

I like all the hidden chests. I found a few unseen ones in my poking around (I do a lot of that in RPGs...)

The ingredients gathering is a cool addition, too. That kind dwarf gave me a pick to use!

I am also enjoying the combat so far. I did put it on easy mode (as I play RPGs more for the story not for a challenge) and it is fun (you probably know I like doing combos heh).

Your battle start image and battlebacks could be modified to suit the larger resolution. More importantly the battle start as it looks a little odd on the left and bottom.

Mapping - I like the mapping of the forest cliff/path. Some of the inner maps and towns are larger than necessary but item placement in them is good.

I am enjoying the dialogue and story so far, although I've only played for 40 or so minutes.

Not bad at all so far. Keep up the good work :)

So here is my feedback based on the 1.1a so i won't know the actual fixes so far.

And I played on easy for now to actually have a better view to get the bugs and not being too cautiousness not to die.

ok lets start my list ;)

positive:

- story.

- hidden chests.

- items from npcs (sick son etc).

- prices on the shops.

- balancing BUT atleast on easy the wolves in the beginning do mostly 0 dmg.

- auto combat ;)

- nice gameplay time (had over 4 hours while testing)

- difficulty settings

negative:

- main menu is unreadable.

- save/load time.

- time while sleeping.

- overall blackscreen duration way too long.

- crafting costs kinda more expensive/same as buying so no need to craft (atleast so far).

- well the bugs ;)

suggestions:

- auto combat shouldn't initiate combo skills if the tp cant even afford atleast 1 combo after the initiate.

- auto combat does heal way too often sometimes if you have lost 20 hp it heals.

- the broken bridge on the sand continent before you get to the ship doesn't tell you what it needs. like fine handles or the draft wood (there are 2 but you need 1?) and if you got the matierials you get the same dialog and it fixes the bridge.

- more events on stuff like bookcases. making it a bit more lively.

- the dragon, if you walk to the south instead of the north where the cerberus is is way too overkill. you cant even run from it. Make him asleep and if you need him to he could be awake or you could wake him up.

- some monsters are directly in the entrance. maybe you should move them a bit.

- make more chests actually hidden. the most are so obvious that you could add an arrow above it ;). like the hidden chest in the first town that was a nice spot you could see nothing of it.

bugs:

- if poison kills the last enemy you have to attack. that way the system checks that there are no more enemys left.

- if the town cyrus is under siege and you save, the town is at peace again until you re-enter cyrus.

lastprince-8.png

- cant cure outside of a battle.

- the brother&sister combi in the first town.

lastprince-1.pnglastprince-2.png

- you forgot the upper part of the item shop's window in the start town + the house in the south looks strange with those windows/window positions .

lastprince-3.png

-the resized icons in the inventory/shop are way too blocky you could replace them with an larger image.

lastprince-4.png

- in the first in you made an mapping error because this way you cant access the wardrobe.

lastprince-5.png

- the president talks to a guard but the guards is way to the right.

lastprince-6.png

- you have a lot of shadow bugs like this.

lastprince-7.png

- you can climb mountains ;)

lastprince-9.png

- and on the forest ;D. you forgot the tree tile so you can walk up there.

lastprince-10.png

- and you can skip the whole caste.

lastprince-11.png

Thats it. Still its a nice game took me some time to clear it to the spot where you could go sofar in the 1.1a.

But i don't get the reason to hunt the last prince because well its a title but has nothing else to go with it, so I'am waiting for the solution you will give in the game ;)

And I hope this review/feedback helps you to make your game even better.

greets PyrO17

Thanks for the feedback, Pyro.

- auto combat shouldn't initiate combo skills if the tp cant even afford atleast 1 combo after the initiate.

- auto combat does heal way too often sometimes if you have lost 20 hp it heals.

Unfortunately, if I knew any scripting know-how, I would definitely change the mechanics of the Auto-Battle, because, yes, it is annoying for the AI to heal after being dealt 2 damage.

the dragon, if you walk to the south instead of the north where the cerberus is is way too overkill. you cant even run from it. Make him asleep and if you need him to he could be awake or you could wake him up.

Well, it should serve as a fairly obvious reminder that "hey, I'm not supposed to be here". And even if you did try escaping anyway, you would probably fail because of the enemy's high AGI.

- if poison kills the last enemy you have to attack. that way the system checks that there are no more enemys left.

Coincidentally enough, I don't know which script caused this error, but it's most likely something that overwrites battle processing end. I think though the error started after I put the Custom Menu Cursor in. I didn't like that script anyway, so I may take it out.

cant cure outside of a battle.

Fixed.

I will fix many of the passability/graphic issues that you posted. I can't quote all of them, because apparently that goes over the limit of quotes I'm supposed to make or something...

I will say, though, that the President one is intentional. But for the Cyrus one, did the main music change when you saved? It may just be a bugged event that I didn't notice.

nice gameplay time (had over 4 hours while testing)

If I'm going to make a game, I want it to at least have a little bit of depth and at least to put a little bit of effort into it. I see a lot of projects on here that only last about an hour or so that either never get completed or leave me wanting more, but don't put a lot of effort into them. I guess Manifest from VX kind of spoiled me for the JRPG thing, so that's kind of the same thing that I'm going for.

main menu is unreadable.

I've gotten several complaints about this and will update the main menu screen.

save/load time.

Same here. I may just go back to Yanfly's Save Script; it basically has the same functionality. But screenies look so cool. :/

crafting costs kinda more expensive/same as buying so no need to craft (atleast so far).

Crafting has the piece of equipment's cost cut to half. So for example, if a weapon is 3000 Gold, crafting it will only be 1500, but the materials required to make it may be hard to find and you may have to do a bit of farming to get said materials. I think it's a decent trade-off. Ironically enough, Items don't have this clause, and I'll fix that in the next update.

Again, thank you for the extensive feedback. I'd give you a virtual cookie, but since virtual feeding isn't possible yet, you'll just have to settle with a Like.

hit me up if you want a feedback like this for chapter 2 when you are done :D

But for the Cyrus one, did the main music change when you saved? It may just be a bugged event that I didn't notice.

hmm not to sure about the music but i think everything went to peaceful after i saved besides the screen tint.

hit me up if you want a feedback like this for chapter 2 when you are done :D

But for the Cyrus one, did the main music change when you saved? It may just be a bugged event that I didn't notice.

hmm not to sure about the music but i think everything went to peaceful after i saved besides the screen tint.

Weird. I haven't found anything that could be causing the bug. I'll do a bit more digging, but I seriously cannot find anything out. :huh:

EDIT: Found it. Transfer problem.

And of course I'd love feedback for Chapter 2. It's almost finished over here, like 98% done, so I'll probably be uploading some time later today or tomorrow.

Edited by Lovely-Chan

Warning: Do not click show spoiler button unless you want to spoil yourself or you are going to play the game. It contains one spoiler.... maybe some more

I have to say, this game is well made so far! The development of the personalities of each character and I could feel the emotion that Yukari was going through when she saw her home city being attacked by the knights. When you place the songs in the right place, always does the job and you have that well done(so far). It's interesting that the player has to hit the Enter or Action Button to open the door when inside. To me, it's something I don't like but that's my opinion. You were aiming for a more realistic approach which I understand. It'll keep people from being lazy that's for sure xD. Also keep them nice and alert which I see the positive in it. I try to aim for more for positive than for negative. It's still a great game, however, keep up the good work

Warning: Do not click show spoiler button unless you want to spoil yourself or you are going to play the game. It contains one spoiler.... maybe some more

I have to say, this game is well made so far! The development of the personalities of each character and I could feel the emotion that Yukari was going through when she saw her home city being attacked by the knights. When you place the songs in the right place, always does the job and you have that well done(so far). It's interesting that the player has to hit the Enter or Action Button to open the door when inside. To me, it's something I don't like but that's my opinion. You were aiming for a more realistic approach which I understand. It'll keep people from being lazy that's for sure xD. Also keep them nice and alert which I see the positive in it. I try to aim for more for positive than for negative. It's still a great game, however, keep up the good work

Someone else is from Omaha, NE, just like me?

mind-blown-11-300x178.jpg

I may end up changing Yukari's faceset around by the end of the game, because there is no real "sad" face or "surprise" face, both of which I need.

Edited by Lovely-Chan

I may end up changing Yukari's faceset around by the end of the game, because there is no real "sad" face or "surprise" face, both of which I need.

Yea. That would make more sense than you can put more power into it. And as for your question, I answered it in a PM. XD

Heya Lovely-Chan, I played your game and I must say I really am enjoying it, though I've still yet to complete it ^^ The combat is really enjoyable and somewhat challenging and I particularly liked the boss fights (though I went on the blood-run with the Soldiers and Captain since I charged all 3 member's TP to 100 and just let loose the fury xD), the scene when Yukari found out her hometown was no more really got me...

I really do like Leon's character, he doesn't act like your typical prince at all and I like his carefree attitude (The scene when you first get to Cyrus was hilarious).

Seigfried is interesting, he's the loyal bodyguard for the prince but he has his own character and sense of presence, plus that feeling he got when he said he felt something bad was going to happen tonight was quite interesting too, is it some sort of sixth sense?~

I don't know what to say about Persea yet, since her character hasn't developed enough for me yet (Just had Annie join me so I still have a few hours left :P)

Annie is one of those characters that will either annoy me or thoroughly enjoy. Only time will tell, though she is quite the beast in battle...

As for Yukari I need more time to gauge her character more and I've yet to meet Chester.

Though I really am enjoying the game. The bugs and issues that I've come across have already been mentioned. So no new random bugs xD

Good work~

As for Yukari I need more time to gauge her character more and I've yet to meet Chester.

Chester will not be mentioned until sometime in Chapter 3 (haven't gotten around to it yet). It is at this point he comes in to "save the day", which is the complete opposite of starting behavior in Chapter 1.

Thanks for the feedback. :) Look for Version 1.2 to be up some time this weekend. I actually have quite the busy Saturday, but I think it's good that I'll finally be getting out of this house. :/

If you want to get a feel for the game before downloading check out my let's play

Thanks a bunch. It's always nice to get someone else's viewpoint on the game from time to time, instead of just saying to yourself "hey, this is good, I might keep this" only to find out it doesn't work later.

Version 1.2 is up! Go here: http://www.mediafire.com/?oaz34cuh5siv8yw

Edited by Lovely-Chan

Cinia, I am downloading now and will offer feedback when I reach a reasonable amount of playtime.

Where might I find your other title, The Promised Land? Is that available also?