Blood Magic
Script by Mr. Bubble

bloodmage-icon-da21.png

“Every mage can feel the dark lure of blood magic. Originally learned from demons, these dark rites tap into the power of blood, converting life into mana and giving the mage command over the minds of others. Such power comes with a price, though; a blood mage must sacrifice his/her own health, or the health of allies, to fuel these abilities.†– Dragon Age: Origins, Blood Mage specialization description

Blood magic is a form of magic that uses the power inherent in blood to fuel spellcasting. To put it simply, Blood Magic is the ability to use HP to cast skills instead of MP. This essentially increases the battler’s effective MP.

Script
Can be found here: http://wp.me/PxlCT-gH
Edit by Seriel - Script can be found here - http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/40866-lost-script-reuploads-for-those-of-us-who-got-on-the-train-late/

Installation
Paste this script into its own page within the "Materials" section in the script editor of your project.

How to Use
This script utilizes notetags and contains a user customization module. Please read the comments thoroughly.

Compatibility
This script does not overwrite any default VXA methods. All default methods utilized in this script are aliased.

This script has built-in compatibility with the following scripts:

• Yanfly Engine Ace - Skill Cost Manager

Requests for compatibility with other scripts are encouraged and welcome.

Terms and Conditions
TBD

Thanks
-Yanfly, whose scripts and designs I heavily referenced in order to learn RGSS3 and make this script
-VXA Help File

Please feel free to post coding and efficiency suggestions, script features suggestions, and bug reports.

What if i want a skill to cost more in HP than in MP? For example, the skill fire costs 4 MP. A blood mage uses 8 HP to use it, but the skill should be stronger. Is there a way to make it so that skills used by Blood mages are stronger than usual without the need to create 2 separate skills?

By the way, Dropbox sucks. Your script is gone. Likely, all of them are now. Oops!

I'm pretty sure the script went down because the user has either deleted them or moved them. Files do not simply disappear off Dropbox because it "sucks".

If anyone has a link to the script, post it here and I will edit it into the post.

You know that Dropbox DOES kill downloads for asinine reasons, right? (like traffic for example)

You wanted the link, you've GOT one.

Reuploaded for the sake of sanity

While it may be true that Dropbox kills links for some reason or another, the error for the two is different.

If you read the error for that link, it says that the file has been moved or deleted, which is what happened.

There is a different error message if a script has been removed due to traffic or other reasons.

I'll edit a link to that into the OP, gimme a sec..