Tsukihime

KGC Battle Difficulty Ace

KGC Battle Difficulty Ace

Request: Thread

-Tsukihime

Conversion of the original KGC Battle Difficulty for VX.

Usage

Usage is in the instructions. I believe all you have to do is set the percentage scaling for each difficulty. You may also add additional difficulties by following the same format.

Changes

A list of changes that have been made in the conversion

• `spi` is no longer used. Instead, specify `mat` and `mdf` separately
  • `hit`, `eva`, and `cri` are not supported. Someone else can add it though, since it should be just dividing by the percentage.
  • new class: Window_BattleDifficulty. Much easier to work with.
  • All stat access methods have been deleted and switched to Ace's `param_base` method to handle all basic parameters uniformly (so a lot less redundancy)

The difficulty window is just randomly thrown in there. Re-position as needed.

Download

Script: http://db.tt/cnCGiVl9

Edited by Tsukihime

Is it possible to change the difficulty level without using the ( INITIAL_DIFFICULTY = 1 ) function and via the menu?
I mean if you wanted to choose one difficulty level and not being able to change it later, and being able to change it via a comment from an event or something.

How can you make it so that from the menu the initial selection is not the first, but the second item? I'm not meaning to change the difficulty, just the item that appears selected. Here's a picture of what I mean:

post-10513-0-31808100-1365105815_thumb.png

How can you make it so that from the menu the initial selection is not the first, but the second item? I'm not meaning to change the difficulty, just the item that appears selected. Here's a picture of what I mean:

attachicon.gifdifficulty_selection.png

I believe the answer is in the post above you.  (Change the initial_difficulty.)  Not positive though, I'm at work so I was just scanning through the script.  I can't test it here. =x  Disregard that!  I wasn't reading it right.

Edited by Tigerbite

No, I only want a small change in the menu option. When you press enter on "Difficulty", it starts with the first option "Easy". This gives the impression that the game is set default to easy. I just want that when you press enter on "Difficulty" the selection should appear over "Normal"/ "Default".

Edit: Just the box thing that appears over the options.

Edited by mihai_7

Thanks, it worked. It was a small detail but anyways, glad you understood the "problem" since English is not my first language. Just a question though, what line of code did you add? Just wanting to learn. I just pasted the whole script below the configuration and couldn't find it.

class Window_BattleDifficulty < Window_Command

# these

def select_last

select($game_variables[KGC::BattleDifficulty::DIFFICULTY_VARIABLE])

end

end

class Scene_Menu

def command_difficulty

@difficulty_window.select_last #<--- this

@difficulty_window.show.open.activate

end

end