This script allows you to assign common events to weapons/armors that will be run when you equip or dequip (un-equip) them. The common events are assigned separately, so you might have one equip event, and another dequip event.

Download

Get it at Hime Works!

Usage

Tag your equips with

<equip event: x>
<dequip event: x>
For some common event ID x. Edited by Tsukihime

This is a very useful script.

How hard would it be to run a common event upon the equipment being removed as well?

Or maybe it could run the same common event, but we have conditional branches to let it know if its been equipped or unequipped.

The issue with the default common events is that only one is reserved.

I have a snippet of code that changes this so that a list of common events can be reserved, and all of them will be executed, but then this means that EVERYTIME you change equips, it will reserve a common event.

Alternatively, I could store a list of equips that you have equipped and unequipped in a temporary list and then reserve common events on the last equips...but then what if you want to capture every equip/unequip?

There are many use cases and I don't know how to handle all of them.

Hmm, what if you use just one common event for all equip events being equipped and removed?

Upon equipping/removing could it store details about what armour/weapon was just equipped/removed?

In that common event could be conditional branches that control what happens using scripts to know which equip was removed/equipped.

I had a try of this and quick bug report:

If you have something equipped and then try to equip nothing it throws an error:

undefined method 'common_event_id' for nil:NilClass

I'm trying to use this to create an event where a character has a possessed weapon and whenever you try to remove it the spirit in the weapon injures the party member and forcefully re-equips itself while mocking the victim. Is there any way to make the event either wait till I exit the menu or for it to immediately close it?