Khas

Arc Engine - Realistic platform system

Arc Engine

by Khas Arcthunder

Introduction:

Arc Engine is a complete platform engine for RPG Maker. It makes the creation of platform games very easy and accessible, without losing performance and it's realistic physics.

Features:

- Realistic Physics

- Perfect Collisions

- Gravity

- Air Resistance

- Friction

- Jump

- Groundpound

- Wall kicks

- Physics Editor

- Custom Commands

- High Performance

- Platforms

- Stairs

- And more!

Media:

Links:

Terms of Use: English – Read before use

Download: Latest version

Official Thread: RGSSX Project

Donations: Click here!

Notes:

Due to lack of time, support for doubts and problems will only be offered at the Arcthunder Blog or the Official Thread.

Credits:

Created by Khas Arcthunder

Enjoy!

Edited by Khas

Uh, he's released a downloadable version? Awesome, thanks for the hint!

LucidK: I very much believe it is. A game I played a while ago which was based on RMXP had some locations with exactly those elements. And from what I know, VXA should be able to do handle anything XP did. In another thread, though, Tsukihime said that you cannot disable scripts in-game or at some point in the game, so you might have to run all these things at the same time (although I find this somewhat strange if true).

LucidK: I very much believe it is. A game I played a while ago which was based on RMXP had some locations with exactly those elements. And from what I know, VXA should be able to do handle anything XP did. In another thread, though, Tsukihime said that you cannot disable scripts in-game or at some point in the game, so you might have to run all these things at the same time (although I find this somewhat strange if true).

You shouldn't be disabling scripts.

It would be perfectly possible to build a stand-alone platformer system, but that really depends on whether he wanted to do it or not.

For example, tomoaky has a lot of stand-alone mini-game systems that are isolated to their own scenes.

However, if khas decided to overwrite the default Scene_Map etc, then you are pretty much stuck.

On the other hand, if it was a separate map scene with its own physics and behaviors, you could then have it stand-alone.

It is obviously more flexible if the platform scene was separated from the default engine, but that may be difficult to accomplish.

Edited by Tsukihime

How would I be able to use this script only in certain parts of the game? Is this possible?

I Second this.

Can you do it , Khan? Next version?

I DO admit its Amazing thought.

Awesome Job.

But it would be amazing is their was some thing like a Gravity switch.

I Figured out their is an internal Physics Editor that allows you to adjust physics of each map.

So yes its possible to deactivate and activate but in wither to activate or disable that depends on the map.

It will just take a while to get use to.

Awesome Job, Khas!

I love the engine!

Edited by Sievn

For the "using script only at some maps" question, here's the answer:

The Arc Engine will only work when you load the map with the physics editor.

So, if you want a map working as default movement, don't load it ^^

Thanks people :D

For the "using script only at some maps" question, here's the answer:

The Arc Engine will only work when you load the map with the physics editor.

So, if you want a map working as default movement, don't load it ^^

Thanks people :D

Awesome.

That means If load then save and compress a map in the Physics editor , it will automatically pick 2D Mode for it.

But If I don't load then save and compress them in the Physics Editor, they will work in normal Physics.

Just tested it and it works great.

Great Job.

Edited by Sievn

Sievn

Fixed it, I accidentally deleted a constant.

Please download it again ^^

Sorry

Its ok ^^

Its Awesome from what I have played.

I will try the Physics editor now.

EDIT : Now it works.

Amazing, you just made some thing I wasn't expecting to use in my game.

I will make sure I will give you credit.

Edited by Sievn

Oh my god, losing my shit again! Well, Gonna use this for Cat Astrophe now, should be wayyy more fun.

I simply cannot **BELIEVE** this awesomeness, crates and all. :o

Edited by Jacquerel(BizM)

Wow, a script with "Engine" in the name that could actually more or less be called a game engine... My mind, it is blown.

But seriously, I am sort of half wondering now if with a little work it could be made into a overhead/sideview hybrid kind of like the gameboy Zelda games and their sideview areas.

Edited by KilloZapit

Great script! Very easy to use and runs smoothly.

One thing's bugging me so far though:

How do you turn on Stepping Animation? Doesn't seem to work when I set it in move route or event options.

I actually planed on having a few playable minigames on one of my protagonist's computers as sort of an easter egg. So far I had Ralph's Existential Nightmare (If you have heard of Vinnie Vole, you know what to expect here) and an extremely horribly written, overly fluffed out romantic visual novel, but I have been having trouble figuring out what else I should do. Maybe I should fiddle around with this... ^_^

Edited by Chocopyro

Couple Questions:

1. I got this error.ScreenShot.png

I am using this sprite for the actor. Pikachu.png

2. The second thing is I was wondering if this is compatible with the FA Interactive System 2.0.

Plz let me know what I should do as soon as possible. Thank You.