Kayzee

Word Wrapping Message Boxes

Sure... actually, I don't know what happened, but I copied again and there's no error now... but isn't it supposed to be on by default? It doesn't seem to...

Edited by Nereid

It should be on by default, but by default it only works if you actually make a line of text that is long enough to need it. Try changing

DEFAULT_WHITESPACE = false

to

DEFAULT_WHITESPACE = true

and it will add all the lines together as one which may make word wrapping more obvious.

Also: Only works for things that use draw_text_ex, such as message boxes and item descriptions. 

Kayzee can I just say you are an absolute life saver. I've been working on a game which is mostly text based for the last couple months and I'd reached a breaking point with this issue. I'm much more used to writing without having to focus constantly on if my text is the correct size. That extra friction to writing was so draining and having it gone has really added the fun back to writing the dialogue for my game. Thank you so much!

Aww shucks, glad I was able to help! *sprinkles fairydust on you*

Though unfortunately today I did some testing and it seems I'm having some errors with it and its messing up a lot of my text. Is there a way I can avoid this? 

Error.png

I am glad you figured it out!