Galv

Region Effects

What's the error that pops up?

And did you do everything in the instructions?

1. Copy image from /Graphics/Characters/!Other-specials.png to your project (into same folder)

2. Copy the "EFFECTS TO SPAWN" map from this demo into your game. (Ctrl+C on the map and Ctrl+V into your game maps is quickest)

-- this map has events set up for the pre-made effects

3. Check the map ID of the copied map as it appears in your game

4. Change the SPAWN_MAP_ID number to this map ID

5. Change REGION_EFFECT_SWITCH to a switch you are not using in your game.

6. Add some regions to your map to test.

7. Make sure you start a new game. It will not work loading a pre-script save file.

Hey Galv, is it possible to make a long trail with this? That is, I want to make a mini game about the labyrinth of the Minotaur from Greek myth. So one of the things i need is a way to replicate the thread the hero uses to guide his way back to the entrance. So, is it possible to create a continuous trail in one direction and then when I turn around to go the opposite direction, it disapear? To mimic the act of laying down string and then picking it back up. 

This script might help you do that, but it would require some thinking on how to go about setting it up. Sounds like something to post in a support topic.

I'm using this script and Falcao's Interactive System. It nakes lighting effects flash in response to player movements. Can you do a compatibility patch for it?

Wow this is really genius Galv! I'm for sure going to be using this one for an underwater setting, it's pretty unrealistic that you wouldn't be kicking up dirt behind you swimming on the ocean floor, this adds a level of realism which is not expected but very impressive!

I'm using this script and Falcao's Interactive System. It nakes lighting effects flash in response to player movements. Can you do a compatibility patch for it?

Unfortunately I am very busy lately but I do plan on one day revisiting this script to fix issues like that.

This script is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for to help out with a stealth skill using ABS. You sir, are a genius.

Really nice script man.

I am using Khas awesome light effects aswell, and for example if I use the lantern function, the sound/animation for the tiles such as bush shake etc won't work. any idea?

Somehow I managed to make it work... It had conflict with the "Lantern" like effect, not the flashlight one (this one had 0 issues). I changed the variable of the default lantern so instead of the lantern variable the flashlight one would be activated, although maintaining the Lantern effect. Gladly worked.

I followed the instructions, but nothing happens. When I launch the game, I don't get any error message, but there are no effects.

I copied the SPAWN_EFFECT_MAP, I placed the script, I wrote it's ID in the script, I wrote an unused switch in my game, I

copied the graphics and started a new game. I just don't understand what I did wrong.

I just don't understand what I did wrong.

You're forgetting one thing. After adding the script and pasting the spawn effects map, you then go into region editing mode and apply the corresponding regions to the tiles you want the effects to be used on. You can open up the demo again and see which regions go with which effects. Remember, regions =/= tiles.

I got this script working finally, and it is pure awesome.  Adds another layer of polish and awesomeness to any project.  Highly recommend.

Galv, how would I decrease the random pitch and volume effect to about half of what it is now?

Otherwise, I love this script!

Nevermind, I found where it was, and altered it.  Thanks again for this awesome script, Galv!

Edited by Wren

This script is awesome! I have only one problem, though. When the pitch gets randomly changed for the step sound, it occasionally goes so low that is sounds really creepy or demonic. Is there any way I can fix this?