Vlue

Sleek Item Popup

Sleek Item Popup v1.0
by V.M.

Introduction
Quick event script command you ca use to popup the name and icon of an item you obtain in a nicer format then the message window.

Screenshots

Pic_zps4a61c1c4.png

How to Use
Plug and play.
popup(type,item,amount,duration) withing event script boxes
Details within script

Script
Convenient pastebin... here!
Extra mile link: here.

FAQ
None yet!

Credit and Thanks
- By V.M.
- Free to use in any non-commercial or commercial project

Author's Notes
I'm not too fond of tea...

Edited by Vlue

1) Needs a customization module.

2) Item Popup freezes on-screen if you enter a battle before it fades away. It will fade away after the battle is over.

Such a lovely and detailed analysis for point number one! I too am tired of people telling me precisely what they want. Also as an aside, you can customize the sound effect that does play when you use the popup. So there is one! However, if there is anything else you want to customize, feel free to say so, and I can see what I can do.

As for point number two, the window not going away upon entering battle, has been fixed and works in the latest version on the pastebin.

Such a lovely and detailed analysis for point number one! I too am tired of people telling me precisely what they want. Also as an aside, you can customize the sound effect that does play when you use the popup. So there is one! However, if there is anything else you want to customize, feel free to say so, and I can see what I can do.

As for point number two, the window not going away upon entering battle, has been fixed and works in the latest version on the pastebin.

Font Name, Font Size, Font Color, Font Style (bold/italic/shadow/outline), and Duration (making the duration part of the script call null and void; shorter code in events is always better) would be a great start.

Font Name, Font Size, Font Color, Font Style (bold/italic/shadow/outline), and Duration (making the duration part of the script call null and void; shorter code in events is always better) would be a great start.

Now that's what I'm talking about! New version with those details~

Good update, one problem. When I use the script, it shows another icon behind the item icon, apparently at icon id 102.

Also, the text of the item name appears above the icons, while the icon and amount show below the text. Ideally, it'd be icon, item name, amount from left to right in a straight line, no?

Also, the custom font size doesn't work because the font size is set when the popup occurs to 16 for the item name, and 14 for the amount, respectively.

Edited by William C

Good update, one problem. When I use the script, it shows another icon behind the item icon, apparently at icon id 102.

Also, the text of the item name appears above the icons, while the icon and amount show below the text. Ideally, it'd be icon, item name, amount from left to right in a straight line, no?

Also, the custom font size doesn't work because the font size is set when the popup occurs to 16 for the item name, and 14 for the amount, respectively.

For me im getting icon id 143, The text itself seem to be somewhat lowered and behind the pic. and again The font size doesnt seem to work as stated before.

Maybe having the option to where the text is to be shown like

[icon][#]......[ Name ]

[ name ]......[icon][#] or simply [icon][name][#]

# being what is given or taken away

Edited by Virus

Yes, that would be the background icon I used to have the item icon stand out more. There's an option to change or disable that now.

Ideally? There is no ideal! Personally though, sure! While I like the multi line one better that doesn't mean everyone has to. There's an option now to use a single line popup now however, but the amounts won't always line up well with the name due to a bit of annoyance with text_size.

You are certainly right about the size portion not working. That has been fixed.

For me im getting icon id 143, The text itself seem to be somewhat lowered and behind the pic. and again The font size doesnt seem to work as stated before.

Maybe having the option to where the text is to be shown like

[icon][#]......[ Name ]

[ name ]......[icon][#] or simply [icon][name][#]

# being what is given or taken away

Yah I noticed the text being behind the icon, that's been rectified for multi line.

There is now an option for single line text that is [icon][name][#]

-#-

Oh, and there's an option for the popup to automatically appear whenever you use the gain item commands in events which can be toggled in game. This is set to true by default for those first grabbing the script, so if you grab the newer version you will need to set it to false if you don't want to remove all the popup commands you've put in already.

Edited by Vlue

Vlue! I have been testing and I love it! Quick question: would you be willing to add the option to turn on or off the "amount gained" number?

Or I guess more specifically...

if only 1 of the item is found, do not display...

if found more than 1 ... then display number.

My personal preferance, but I just don't like seeing a 1 ... can't explain why :)

^ I second that.

Hey one other thing, I started a new game and had an autostart event set to give a few items, and the script automatically popped up the item received... without a script call. Just with the Change Items event command. Is that supposed to happen?

There is a function that is set to true on default in the script... that auto pops every time an item is recieved...

line 37-38 #Use automatic popup? Can be enabled/disabled in game, see examples

$PU_AUTOMATIC_POPUP = true

You can have it set as false in the script... start the new game... have the autostart event run its course, and at the end of it...

call $PU_AUTOMATIC_POPUP = true from script in the event.

Easy enough to do! There's an option for that now, labelled Compact Mode (off by default), in the newest version.

And yup, I mentioned it in the last portion of my last post. New feature called automatic popup (on by default) which can be turned on and off in customization or even in game through a global variable.

Nope, but you can jimmy something together, what I did was made a junk item with the gold icon and name and then just did

popup(0,[item id],[amount])

and it works out

If I had to come up with another idea, I would add the option of an animation to play. I'm a flashy guy, I wouldn't mind seeing a little particle effect/sound effect play when you get an item...

Naturally we can add that to each item event, but if this script had it in the auto-pop-up... it would save a lot of time and effort!

Just an idea ;)

And if that idea is implemented, give the option to show the animation below or above (as in, behind or in front of) the item popup, please.

Hi! New VX Ace community member here. I've downloaded your Sleek Item Popup script to try. I was wondering where you paste the script? Into an a script event on the event page? Also I've taken down your credit information in case I should use it in my game. Thanks!

Hi! New VX Ace community member here. I've downloaded your Sleek Item Popup script to try. I was wondering where you paste the script? Into an a script event on the event page? Also I've taken down your credit information in case I should use it in my game. Thanks!

There's a script editor in the game editor, you can press f11 while in the editor to open up the script editor (or press the button on the task bar at the top, its the 4th one from the right, looks like a piece of paper with a pen) and in that window you will scroll down to where it says (Insert Here ), and create a new entry there and paste the script in!