Vlue

Sleek Item Popup

Oh! I don't even remember doing that lol. I'll test it out in a bit but im sure that will work. it makes perfect sense. ;)

Thanks Nicke!

Edit: Works great! thank you for the help!

-T

Edited by trogador2005

This is a pretty neat script I especially like how you can still walk around although the popup is still above your character's head. Helps keep the game moving. But I did find some kind of bug. After gaining an item and returning to the title screen and then go back into the game either new game or continue. An error appears:

Script 'Window_Base' line 83: RGSSError occurred.

disposed window

I'm going to double check and see if it could be a conflict with one of the other scripts I'm using. Just to be sure.

Hrmm. I haven't had that issue and have been play testing this script in my game for two weeks. Me thinks you got some other problem... what other scripts are you running? Are you using niclas' patch for gold also? Might as well provide the details with the bug post... if it Is a bug.

This is a pretty neat script I especially like how you can still walk around although the popup is still above your character's head. Helps keep the game moving. But I did find some kind of bug. After gaining an item and returning to the title screen and then go back into the game either new game or continue. An error appears:

Script 'Window_Base' line 83: RGSSError occurred.

disposed window

I'm going to double check and see if it could be a conflict with one of the other scripts I'm using. Just to be sure.

Mmmm... That sounds like the famous "F12" curse,it breaks many scripts,for example "Khas awesome light effects"

Excuse me for my bad English.

@Nate the Great

Well I went back checked with only this script and the original script at that. And was still having that problem. Jeez you make it sound like I'm making my error up.

@Megablackdragon31

The curse it is. I realized now that if I return to title through the menu and then load or start a new game I do not receive the error. Although if I exit the game while popup is still above my character's head it shows up when I load or start a new game.

This really isn't that big of a deal I only use F12 when I'm play testing my game.

No sir. I only meant to suggest that there was another culprit as I wasn't able to repeat the actions to reproduce the bug. Glad you figured out what it was! I only ever mean to help. I don't get pissy on forums ;)

Ah, it's always nice to see a problem solve (kinda) itself!

Can I use this in a commercial game? My first game never even sold a single copy so it probably wont matter lol

Knowing when the problem triggers and avoiding it isn't fixing the problem, though.

Hello there sleek :)

pleased to meet you, this scirpt seems great works well for me, (i dont change much as im not a professional) just the item pop up is great, HOWEVER why does this not work with Gold recieved? no pop up icon for gold recieved? only items/weapon/armours!?

can you help? as i would love a pop up icon of a gold coin image when finding gold in a chest, thank you very very much.

take care.

Hello there sleek :)

pleased to meet you, this scirpt seems great works well for me, (i dont change much as im not a professional) just the item pop up is great, HOWEVER why does this not work with Gold recieved? no pop up icon for gold recieved? only items/weapon/armours!?

can you help? as i would love a pop up icon of a gold coin image when finding gold in a chest, thank you very very much.

take care.

I guess it's high time I add that in there. Gold popup is now automatic and customizable in the latest pastebin version.

Currently I'm using Item Affixes by Hime, which gives items a different name with prefix and suffix. Yet it is shown in its origin name when being popped up, any ideas to fix this?

I'd have to see the Item Affixes script, if'in you could link it.

Try, on Random Equip Affixes, putting this line (there's no line numbers on google docs so its near the bottom and reads obj.suffix_id = obj.random_suffix) below that line: obj.make_name(obj.name)

This is deffinitely going to make things a lot nicer looking in games.

Another excellent script, Vlue. I wouldn't expect anything less.

• Like 1

Try, on Random Equip Affixes, putting this line (there's no line numbers on google docs so its near the bottom and reads obj.suffix_id = obj.random_suffix) below that line: obj.make_name(obj.name)

I add obj.make_name(obj.name) below obj.suffix_id = obj.random_suffix),

but it can't show the new name, seems nothing changed

Hi Guys!

It's been a lot of time for the last post here ^^"

For starting, Vlue your item popup is really great now! it's thank to you and all the users ! it's really cool ;3

Well… I have a little problem for now, I use the Pearl ABS Liquid for Dev base of my personnal Game (and others systems).
The Pearl ABS don't use the "Give Item" event function, then the popup is not showing when a mob drop an item on the map and this item is put in the player inventory… .

It will be great if you can add to your script a system to check the user inventory !
When the player add or remove an item in the inventory the popup show the item(s) and their quantity.

I think that your system will be very very complete with this, and it will be very usefull for me ;P

Thanks a lot !

Is it possible to allow for showing custom popups? Say, when you are huet by a trap on map, it shows "you are bleeding, HP -10".

I've come up for a suggestion to improve this script but i'm not sure if more people come across my issue

so let me explain :

When the item is received and the popup is visible then right away open up the menu screen, when you

close it back and you move right after that closed, there will be a significant lag spike making your character jump as you move.

So the suggestion would be to add a brief moment of disabled menu DURING the popup execution.

just basicly no input but just the player movement during the popup showing.

Tanx!  Great script btw vlue! XD