Victor Sant

VE - Visual Equip

Victor Engine - Visual Equip

Visual%20Equip1.PNG

Visual%20Equip2.PNG

This script allows to change the graphic of the chacter according to the equips and other conditions. It adds specific bitmaps to the character sprite. It’s possible to set custom graphics to actors, classes, weapons armors and events.

Download:

Victor Engine - Visual Equip

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Edited by Victor Sant

So, just checking. Can this make my character like in Binding of Isaac, altered by the things done for the character?

A.K.A You kill a certain boss, you gain feature that makes you look somewhat like the boss. You get another dress and wear that instead of the regular clothes? Will there be conflict between the visuals, and do you have tips how to avoid any possible collision effects, if I want to have say, ribbon and a tatoo on character's head.

Also is this compatible with YEA - Ace equip engine?

Edited by MISTER BIG T

So, just checking. Can this make my character like in Binding of Isaac, altered by the things done for the character?

A.K.A You kill a certain boss, you gain feature that makes you look somewhat like the boss. You get another dress and wear that instead of the regular clothes? Will there be conflict between the visuals, and do you have tips how to avoid any possible collision effects, if I want to have say, ribbon and a tatoo on character's head.

Also is this compatible with YEA - Ace equip engine?

Yes you can, with the <change actor visual> you can add parts to the actor independent of the script. but there would be really a problem with parts overlaping. You could solve it by managing the parts with variables. So you could make a single common event, at the start of it you can clear all parts. then put a code co add a specific part based on the variable.

Something like:

<clear actor visual>

if variable hats == 1

<>add hat 1

end

if variable hats == 2

<>add hat 2

end

if variable hats == 3

<>add hat 3

end

if variable cloth == 1

<>add cloth 1

end

if variable cloth == 2

<>add cloth 2

end

if variable cloth == 3

<>add cloth 3

end

Hey Victor,

I have a question regarding the Visual Equip and events. I know that you said the graphics for an event can be changed with the Visual Equip.

However, I am using a script where events are created on the fly. A player is dropped off and they are placed on the map as an event.

I was wondering how and if it's possible to change the graphics of the events then...

The script I am talking about is:

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/4130-party-regroup/

Thanks

~DisturbedInside

Would it be more efficient if it were like, say for armor 1 you could have the tags of

<visual part>
id: 1
name: "$cloth"
hue: 
priority: 3
</visual part>

<visual part>
id: 2
name: "$cloth"
hue: 155
</visual part>

<visual part>
id: 3
name: "$clothfemale"
hue: 200
</visual part>

?

I know there's the charactername + filename

thing but that seems more limited and takes up more filespace.

And I can't get it to work now  :(

Just curious.

Edited by Moo