Sign in to follow this  
Chigoo

Let's Make An Open World Rpg

im going to be making a new series on my you tube channel, this series is basically going to be me making a small open world rpg before i start my big project. some might view this as a tutorial but i don't consider it one, maybe a blend of tutorial and lets play.

before i start the series i wanted to know if anyone was interested in the series, and what not.

things one might learn during this series:
complex/simple evening
how to gather resources
how to map -im not a pro
how to set up pieces of the game to make it fit together.
i'll add more as i think of them

keep in mind this is not a tutorial but i will try my best to explain everything im doing.

i did start this project already but i'v only worked on it for like 30mins so there's still A LOT OF WORK left to do.

also check out my youtube channel for let's plays of games made my members of this forum and other rpg maker vx ace forums.
http://youtube.com/chigoox

please leave some feed back on this topic, i want to know what you guys think of the project.
I have recored ten epidosed of this series so far, just waiting for feed back before i start uploading.

Check out the new website I've made for the game at LIFE, the download link is also there if you want to play the latest version.

I have done a let's play for LIFE: MiNi Town, check it out here: (Keep in mind I've changed and added some stuff off screen mainly for bug fixes, and will be going over the changes in the up coming video in the series.)

Edited by Chigoo

That's a great idea actually, I'm not sure if I would benefit from it but it would definitely help out people new to the program. On a side note, I'm hard at work on an adventure game right now I'll send it to you when I'm done if you want to do a lets play. I've subbed you on youtube also.

That's a great idea actually, I'm not sure if I would benefit from it but it would definitely help out people new to the program. On a side note, I'm hard at work on an adventure game right now I'll send it to you when I'm done if you want to do a lets play. I've subbed you on youtube also.

sure i'll be happy to add it to my list.

Edit: I Uploaded The First Episode of the New Series 3 more episodes will follow shortly so stay tuned!

Edited by Chigoo

i was in the middle of rendering EP 13 and setting up for ep 14 when my power went down, due to hurricane SANDY, this was Monday and I just got my power back right now so I'm gonna be uploading EP 13 and maybe 14-16 today.

EDIT:

Edited by Chigoo

Im gonna be making a lot of videos today, including this series, let's plays, and video tuts so stay tuned

I made a schedule for my videos!

Monday - Video tutorials

Thursdays - Let's Make an open world rpg

Saturdays - Let's Plays!

I may make more than one video on those days and they will all be released on those days, so at least one video on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

I have also done 3 videos on this series but my mic didn't record, so I'll do a commentary on them and try to upload them today.

my laptop finally came, and I'm currently setting everything up, might take me a few days, so please be patient, I'll start making videos again once i get everything going!

Pretty cool. But you have a speed issue in your episode that makes it hard to watch/understand. Once you get it fixed you'll be flying high. Keep up the good work.

Pretty cool. But you have a speed issue in your episode that makes it hard to watch/understand. Once you get it fixed you'll be flying high. Keep up the good work.

the episode isn't really important, all the main points you really need to know is that the police station is used to get ID, and the rest was kinda unimportant, so i skipped through it. without doing that the video would have been 25mins, i was gonna cut it but i didn't want to skips anything to show what i was doing. also thanks for the feedback! :D

This is actually something I'm working on at the moment. I'll give these a watch later to see how you;re handling certain stuff. Good work :)

thx