Virus

Create Mapped Enemies (No more random battles!)

42 members have voted

1. 1. Was This Helpful?

• Yes
    • No
    • Kinda
  2. 2. Want Me to Make Other Tutorials?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just stop...

Want to make it where you can actually see the enemies on the map itself before you fight them?

Untitled-1-1.png

Your in luck because I'll show you how step by step to make that possible!

STEP 1:

• First, at the map you want the enemy, create an event at some passable ground.
  • Select a good graphic that looks like the battle graphic for the enemy you want to connect the event to.

Like you want a battle with a bee monster, select a bee graphic (if you have one).

Untitled-13.png

STEP 2:

• Next, in the options, have "Walking Animation" marked and the others unmarked. The priority would be "Same As Characters" and the trigger would be "Event Touch".
  • Then, at the autonomous movement, set Type to "Random", set Speed to "4: Normal", and the Freq to "5: Highest".

Untitled2-1.png

STEP 3:

• For the List of Event Commands. You are going to insert a Battle Processing, you have to input which Troop you will encounter when the enemy is touched.

Untitled3-1.png

STEP 4:

After that, click 'control self switch' and select any switch letter you want.

Untitled4.png

STEP 5:

Lastly, make a new event page. DO NOT SELECT ANY GRAPHIC SPRITE FOR THIS EVENT PAGE and check self switch. Make sure it matches the switch letter you just selected just now.

Untitled6.png

STEP 6:

• Simply test it out! and pray that it works fine.

Hope this helped you, If you have any question please don't be afraid to ask them by posting a comment or sending me a pm(private message). Again I seriously hope this helps get rid of all of random battles i keep finding in alot of games!

Enjoy

Original Creator: 347529

Edited by Virus
  • Like 2

Ehh just a quick tip. If you want the enemies to reappear after you leave and re-enter map just make the event erase instead of enabling the control self switch

Nice tutorial. :) Might I suggest also reading THIS tutorial if you want to include things like having these mapped enemies chase after you when you get within a certain vicinity.

• Like 1

May I suggest showing the option on how to make enemies battles more random with variables and how to makes enemies reappear after a set amount of time :)

I made this same tutorial for VX, glad to see some people are getting into the mojo in VXA as well :D

Edited by DP3

May I suggest showing the option on how to make enemies battles more random with variables and how to makes enemies reappear after a set amount of time :)

I made this same tutorial for VX, glad to see some people are getting into the mojo in VXA as well :D

coming right up, hopfully i can get to creating it

How about a tutorial for different ways to set up movement routes. I think helping people really create interesting movement A.I. for enemies would be a good way to further this tutorial.

For example, I have move routes that make enemies dash in random directions, or temporarily turn invisible. A monsters aggression is rated by how frequently he moves towards the player. These are great steps to make NPCs and monster more interesting.

Virus I hope that was you who made the original tutorial I'll be very sad if it wasn't and you didn't give credit

This is rather easy to do, I'm sure he did this himself.

Why do you care if someone gave credit or not? It's not like you made the original.

(I keep seeing you in all these post always complaining about credits)

It's like you're trying to Mini-Mod.

It's not really mini-modding to tell someone to give credit where it's due, I'm not happy when I see someone post a game using my scripts and I'm not given credit.

This tutorial and that one are worded very similar, but this one has screenshots and looks friendlier; whether or not that makes this one different enough for it to be original is open to interpretation.

I on the other hand don't really care, I'm more happy that someone is willing to do tutorials that helps others, even if the tutorial is paying homage to something someone else did.

Good job on the tut virus :)

Edited by DP3

It's not really mini-modding to tell someone to give credit where it's due, I'm not happy when I see someone post a game using my scripts and I'm not given credit.

This tutorial and that one are worded very similar, but this one has screenshots and looks friendlier; whether or not that makes this one different enough for it to be original is open to interpretation.

I on the other hand don't really care, I'm more happy that someone is willing to do tutorials that helps others, even if the tutorial is paying homage to something someone else did.

Good job on the tut virus :)

I didn't say he was Mini-Modding, I said its like he's trying to Mini-Mod.

I don't see where DP3 said that you said someone was mini modding. Confused? I am.

Now for some actual modding. Crediting others is important.

Virus, assuming you got permission to repost this (As it looks to be nearly word-for-word), if you used someone else's tutorial and prettied it up, you definitely need to credit them.

If you are not the author of the original one, then you are claiming credit for someone else's work (permission to use or not).

Giving you the benefit of the doubt here, update your original post with credits or let me know if you are the author.

I don't see where DP3 said that you said someone was mini modding. Confused? I am.

Now for some actual modding. Crediting others is important.

Virus, assuming you got permission to repost this (As it looks to be nearly word-for-word), if you used someone else's tutorial and prettied it up, you definitely need to credit them.

If you are not the author of the original one, then you are claiming credit for someone else's work (permission to use or not).

Giving you the benefit of the doubt here, update your original post with credits or let me know if you are the author.

I thought he was saying that I said he/she was Mini Modding.

I'm an idiot when half asleep.

Nice tutorial. :) Might I suggest also reading THIS tutorial if you want to include things like having these mapped enemies chase after you when you get within a certain vicinity.

Is it possible to do this with events using variables and conditional branches and such?  Or can you only give it line of sight and make it chase you with scripts?

I'm still not quite sure how to make it so that the enemies will re-appear after you leave the map and come back. What do I need to edit so that they'll respawn?

Instead of turning on a self switch, use "Erase Event."

Thanks for the help this is going to be nice for when i want to make my full on game when i fully learn rpgmaker! Keep making tutorials!