Nicke

XS - Quick Items

xs.png

XS - Quick Items

Version 1.0

Introduction
This snippet enables you to map a item to a quick slot, the specified item can then be used on the map all the time by accessing the assigned input button. Recommended to use with an ABS system such as Sapphire Action System IV. Right now, the quick items only works for the leader meaning only him/her will get the applied item effect.

Features

• The ability to map any item to a quick slot (If it can be used by the party).
  • Easy to change quick slot input buttons in the settings included.
  • Support for Sapphire Action System IV. The hud will update itself correctly when a quick slot item is used etc.
  • Will play the item animation when it's used.
  • And more!

Screenshots
None.

How to Use
To install any of my scripts, open up your script editor and copy/paste the script to an open slot below Materials but above Main. Remember to save.

Script
Get the script here.

Updates
None yet.

Credit
Do credit me, Nicke, if you are planing on using any of my scripts. Thanks.
Can be use in commercial projects.

In Line 114 is an error. The SAS HUD diddn´t refresh. You must delete this line and paste this: $game_map.sas_hud.refresh_bars

Because when you enter: $game_map.sas_hud.reload the game will crash. ;)

Edited by Keanu97

@Kaenu97: You probably should place this script below SAS scripts because I don't get that error and reload is a method of the hud which calls refresh_bars and refresh_base.

Err , i can't access your site for some reason it keeps showing :

Oops! Google Chrome could not find xail.se

Hey Nicke, this is nice and cool, and so on, but why item icon not show on the screen in game? Player don't even know what he is using.

Hey Nicke, this is nice and cool, and so on, but why item icon not show on the screen in game? Player don't even know what he is using.

I bet you haven't used any RPG Makers before right? That feature is not available without a custom script.

You could always show a window with the item's icon drawn into it. There should be some kind of script that displays a window above characters or events, but I can't seem to find it.