Galv

Explorer's HUD

So I downloaded this and it seems to function pretty normally. One problem I have though is that for whatever reason, I can't get it to cooperate with Tsukihime's Rotation script. When I access the menu and do the Formation of the party members, the leader will then change in the HUD, as expected. But when I use the Rotation script, pressing the buttons will only change the weapon displayed for the character.

For instance, main party leader Natalie will show that she has a War Hammer equipped. Then I press either the Q or W key to change to my second guy, Trevor - except Natalie is still there. Equipped with his weapon, but all of her HP and other stats are still displayed. I thought it was Kai's Character Creation script, but even after deleting that, plus a few others, Yanfly's Party System was next. Sure enough, that's the culprit.

Regardless, I have decided I would prefer Yanfly's Party system over Tsukihime's Rotation due to the extra functionality of the party itself. Players can just rotate the old fashioned way.

Anyway, I just thought you should know that. Not sure how much good it'll do ya, but there ya go. :P I do like this one, by the way. I use your Map Positions as well (I was the one who posted as RudeDude on your site's blog post the other day ;) ), so these have been a major help. </suck-up> I tried your Encounter Marker, but for whatever reason, I couldn't get into it. And Legend of Dragoon is my favorite RPG to this day! Oh well.. *shrug*

I think I rambled. Sorry.

So I want to actually use this as is, but without the whole button toggle. Just on all the time from the time the game is open to the time it is closed. When you hit the button I may want it to be removed but for the sake of simplicity for my implied audience, they may entirely miss the HUD option if it's not at least on by default. Some may become confused if it's on and then all of a sudden it happens to go missing when a button is accidentally pressed. If I wanted the HUD off, I wouldn't be using a HUD script.

What script would I have to enact maybe as an event at the start of the game to enable HUD then disable the button so it doesn't get shut off. I love the default simplicity of it. Thanks in advance, if this isn't able to be done I may try another HUD but I like yours the best.

EDIT:

for those of you who want this make a script event auto run, throw it at the end of your opening scene

$game_switches[Galvs_Hud::TOGGLE_SWITCH] ^= true

as a starting event

have the :Z set to nil in the script and it seems to accomplish what I want

If you want it disabled for say a cut scene, make a script event and change the true to false.

This I feel is much better than giving the user, who would otherwise get confused at the idea that the HUD disappeared, and would ask for help. I like that the option is there, but it is just a little over the top IMHO. If the script needs to be disabled then the programmer, not the user, would have control over this function

Edited by endafy

In the script settings the TOGGLE_SWITCH option sets an in-game switch. So if this is 1, you turn switch 1 on/off whenever you want to enable/disable the hud using control switches (no need to use a line of code you mentioned above). Also in the script settings it has a note if you do not want to use the player toggle button, make it nil.

Ahh I see I didn't understand that part, goes to show ive been using RPG Maker too long when I look for the long route around things :-P

I see. I wish there was a way to have that equipped item to be shown or nor shown via a switch, as that would have been perfect for my game.

well you can use a five in the options in this part "SHOW_EQUIP = 5" and then the Weapon dissapears. Not sure if it causes any brain damage to the overall script.

I've ran into a random Bug. The HUD wont show any Numbers or words for some reason.

6Alcc.png

It can't be because of the tip I wrote couple of seconds ago since you can clearly see the Axe.

This is how my Script list looks like:

6Am4v.png

I even tried by commenting out the non Galv Script. Error still occurs.

Try this list of things:

http://galvs-scripts.com/errors-using-scripts/

Also it appears you are using a custom window skin. Test it with the normal window skin as well

Somehow this was the issue.

I mean I clearly did a little f*ck up when I made this skin but I still don't see the reason why all the text would dissapear because of it.

Before (not working):

6ABNV.png

Now (working):

6ABD2.png

Anyway thanks for the help, this script is really great.

The reason the text wasn't displaying was because it was trying to get the colour for the text and you had transparent in your windowskin at the pixel it was checking - so your colour was invisible :)

Great script ,Is it possible to just enable the map name hud in the script, or how can you relocate the rest, used the hud maker script to make a black hud on bottom of game and with this included it makes game lag, what could I be doing wrong? Thank you again