xs.png

XS - Teleport

Version 1.0a

Introduction
A extensive teleport script fully customized filled with a few useful features. Read more below to find out more!

Features

• The ability to change windowskin and font settings for the windows.
  • Easy to add/delete a teleport id from the list.
  • Simple to change the map id, x and y positions for each teleport id's.
  • The option to enabling or disabling an id if it is already added. (i.e can be useful if you want to temporarily disable a location to be teleported to)
  • Featuring a description window as well as a image of your choice for each teleport id's.
  • A confirm window for the teleport.
  • A animation to be played after the teleport has been complete.
  • Icon support.
  • And more...

Upcoming features

• The option to limit the teleporting to an item of your choice. (i.e you need to have a teleport stone in order to teleport etc)
  • And probably more!

Screenshots

xs-teleport.png

How to Use
To install this script, open up your script editor and copy/paste this script to an open slot below Materials but above Main. Remember to save.

Script
Get the script here.

Updates
Version 1.0a up. Added the support for icons.

Credit
Do credit me, Nicke, if you are planning on using this script. Thanks.
PM if you want to use this in a commercial project.

Edited by Nicke

Thanks!

Just a quick script mistake:

# tp(2, :add)  # This will add id 2.
# tp(2, :del)  # This will delete id 1.

Edited by Seiryuki

You my friend are a god send!! My project from VX used Overlord_Dave's map transport script, so its nice to have this to replace it now that im moving to Ace. Now ill probably wait till you add the ability to use Icons for locations n such but this is great that its here! Bravo!

Thank you all for the feedback. :)

@Warrior of Myth: Yeah, I guess you can post it at other communties. Just make sure you don't claim it as your script and that it is properly credited.

I keep getting an error

Line 421:

It says: Undefined method 'empty?' for nil:NilClass?

Sorry, I usually don't have trouble with scripts.

Thanks

This script is very awesome. With a tiny bit of window base coding, I could add it to the main menu for easy access.

Thanks very much Niclas for this piece of epicosity. XD My game has been dying for this.

I have two questions:

1) How do I make it so that the map appears in the lower right window?

2) The warp spot images (map_image) all appear in the upper left corner of that window. Is that right, or were they supposed to appear in positions relative to the spots we warp to in the map?

@zE1:

1. Sadly if you are not familiar with Ace scripting you cannot change the width/height easily since I did not implement that feature in the settings (I did the script based on a request).

2. I am not sure if I understand that questions. The position the player teleport to has nothing to do with the map_image and they are located as intended as you can see in the screenshots above.

Edited by Niclas

I'm having a bit of trouble with this, when calling tp_enable(2, true) in a script I get a Game_interpreter NoMethodError, undefined method `[]' for Nil:Class. I figured I buggered something

up when adding maps/info to the script and tried it straight from the forum again without altering the script, and I get the same error when calling it. Any ideas?

i have compatibility issues with yanfly menu cursor

Script 'yanfly menu cursor' line 226 no method occured

undefined method 'each' for nil:nilclass

any way to fix that? thx

edit : nevermind i solve it myself. i use two cursor script

first one moghunter cursor (i edit it to only active if not in battle because the script itself buggy in battle)

second one yanfly menu cursor (i edit it to only active in battle)

solved. :D

Edited by estriole

For a moment, I thought this was going to allow limitless button-bound teleporting over a map but inable to teleport to places designated by regions. Kind of like Asha battles in 'IJI' but from a topdown perspective.

But that aside I can definitely make use of this. I always did like the World Map Teleporter in Neverwinter Nights 2, and this is like that but without needlessly complicated picturemapping or scripting shenanigans.

It also means Im not forced to make an entire world map stitched together from smaller maps by the hands of a nimble mouseclicker. I'm similarly not forced to make all the maps perfectly meet and match on account of this possibility.

So thanks for solving my jigsaw problem, and making it permeable for fancy windowdressing at the same time.

Edited by Jacquerel(BizM)

I mean I would like to use that script as the "Load Stage" command but since I'm a complete newbie, I don't even know how to add that command into your "Simple Title" script :(