Crystal Noel

Crystal Engine - Licence Board

Crystal Engine - Licence Board Version 1.04
Crystal Noel

Introduction
This is a script that replicates the licence board from FF12. It is a board with "Licences" on it that once obtained give you access to use a skill of equip a certain piece of equipment. There is also a augment system to enhance you characters with the use of other scripts.

Features
- Augments
- No limit for what a square unlocks
- Quickenings and Espers

Screenshots

gained-lp.png?w=890
lb.png?w=890

How to Use
Install the demo and create the squares and position them. It is at the bottom of the customization module.

Demo
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByRLSt9SYFG9WkNCbWJuSEg1dE0/edit

Script
http://crystalnoel42.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/crystal-engine-licence-board/

FAQ
none

Credit and Thanks
- Crystal Noel
- Dark Mandy (VX Script & Resources)
- Medina Stories (XP Script & Background Resource)
- thegilroy (requester)

Edited by Crystal Noel

Is there any plans to do things such as unique license boards for each actor and differing starting points for actors?

No unique boards because FF12 didn't have that and starting point is just were the cursor starts upon opening the license board for the first time. What actors start with is set with a notetag.

Just throwing this out there if your game really needs unique boards for each character you could start each character in their own section that is not connected to the other character's sections.

AMAZING script!

One bug though. I notice the LP doesn't go down when I spend it in the demo

and if I try to buy a skill and don't have the LP for it, the game crashes.

I just want to point it out. This is great though!

AMAZING script!

One bug though. I notice the LP doesn't go down when I spend it in the demo

and if I try to buy a skill and don't have the LP for it, the game crashes.

I just want to point it out. This is great though!

I've updated it to Version 1.01, fixing both problems. The first one was I forgot to update the status window, and the second is a typo with a method.

For some reason, when I'm adding squares I'm having a problem getting skills, accessory, and weapons to show the names and icons when choosing a licence. tried it in the demo and arrived at the same problem. Anyone else experiencing this or am I just doing it wrong? lol

I have it set up:

15 => {
	  :name => "Sword 1",
	  :type => :weapons,
	  :cost => 25,
	  :level => 1,
	  :unlocks => [1,],
	  :file_name => "sword",
	  :erase => false,
	  :switch => 0,
	  },

It shows the name "Sword 1" on the license screen but it won't show any item being unlocked and it's not a display issue because it's physically not unlocking the item.

found an error when using more than 1 actor if you click on the license board for an actor then go to another it will pull up the previous actors data instead so you to open a character's board twice to get to their board. like I created ralph used the note tags he is first in the party I click him his board opens up. I then go to Eric and it gives me ralph's so then I exit out then click on Eric again to open Eric's board, and vice versa

For some reason, when I'm adding squares I'm having a problem getting skills, accessory, and weapons to show the names and icons when choosing a licence. tried it in the demo and arrived at the same problem. Anyone else experiencing this or am I just doing it wrong? lol

I have it set up:

15 => {
	  :name => "Sword 1",
	  :cost => 25,
	  :unlocks => [1,],
	  :file_name => "sword",
	  },

It shows the name "Sword 1" on the license screen but it won't show any item being unlocked and it's not a display issue because it's physically not unlocking the item.

That was a slight error with spelling the script was reading :weapon not :weapons that has been fixed

found an error when using more than 1 actor if you click on the license board for an actor then go to another it will pull up the previous actors data instead so you to open a character's board twice to get to their board. like I created ralph used the note tags he is first in the party I click him his board opens up. I then go to Eric and it gives me ralph's so then I exit out then click on Eric again to open Eric's board, and vice versa

This was an error with the way the actor was obtained. It was obtained before $game_party.menu_actor was updated, so I inserted the actual method. In other words I fixed the error and the script has been updated to version 1.02

The bug fixes are great, thanks!

Could you give some details on augments though? I'm curious how those work.

Essentially all augments is a switch saying if you have the augment. Say for example you have an augment that add 10% to an actors attack. After you obtain it the switch is turned on. From there with Victor Engine - Trait Control/Passive States you add the trait/state with the notetag for that script and set the condition to

augment?(x);

Were x is the ID of the augment.

Now this is the easiest, but not the only way to go about implementing the effects. Eventually I will create a module to give direct effects to Augments, Abilities, and Pokérus.

The only things I've changed is the information for the squares to:

15 => {
	  :name => "Axe 1",
	  :cost => 15,
	  :unlocks => [1],
	  :file_name => "axe",
	  },

and I set these to true:

REQUIRES_LICENCE = {
   "Skills" => true,
   "Weapons" => true,
   "Armors" => true,
   "Accessories" => true,
   }

Also, I've tried it in the 1.02 demo that is provided and the same results. :( It changes the picture of the icon correctly but it doesn't place an item name in the license menu or unlock the item afterwords.

So I got the weapon's to finally work and even with the update the weapons are still refereced in a few spots as :weapon instead of :weapons. I fixed that, works like a charm now, however I have encountered a new problem. I'm noticing that after you unlock a weapon, it doesn't show you it's parameters in the equip menu.

If you test through your Demo, unlock a weapon and go to equip screen. When selecting unlocked weapon it will show you the characters ATK stat is

79 -> 79, but once you equip it will jump up to 84. If you go to unequip it will show 84 -> 79, which is right, but once you unequip it, again it shows 79 -> 79 for the weapon. It's just not displaying the parameter increase when hovering over an item.

So I got the weapon's to finally work and even with the update the weapons are still refereced in a few spots as :weapon instead of :weapons. I fixed that, works like a charm now, however I have encountered a new problem. I'm noticing that after you unlock a weapon, it doesn't show you it's parameters in the equip menu.

If you test through your Demo, unlock a weapon and go to equip screen. When selecting unlocked weapon it will show you the characters ATK stat is

79 -> 79, but once you equip it will jump up to 84. If you go to unequip it will show 84 -> 79, which is right, but once you unequip it, again it shows 79 -> 79 for the weapon. It's just not displaying the parameter increase when hovering over an item.

I updated the demo to include a new version of Basic Module to fix that error and I have added 116 Licences to the default. If you find any problems with Quickenings please tell me I have yet to test those.

Nice script here, Noel. however, do you have any future plans to make it class-orientated too?

Like in the International Zodiac Job System or something else(if so explain what you are thinking of)?

Edited by Crystal Noel

I updated the demo to include a new version of Basic Module to fix that error and I have added 116 Licences to the default. If you find any problems with Quickenings please tell me I have yet to test those.

Nice script here, Noel. however, do you have any future plans to make it class-orientated too?

Like in the International Zodiac Job System or something else(if so explain what you are thinking of)?

You should check your demos before uploading them.

They do not work.

2iqlgmo.jpg

You should check your demos before uploading them.

They do not work.

2iqlgmo.jpg

Fixed it was a problem with the requirement check I had one to little ends.

Is there anyway you can make Class Based License Board ?

Maybe a  script commission :(

I'm willing to pay it. Please PM me.

Edited by Rocette