Galv

Message Busts

Yes... you wanted to use the face graphic as the bust so that's what's happening.

You could turn the script off using the switch each time you want to show the normal face graphic.

oh true, I didn't look at that part of the script haha!!. Thank you for beign so patient with me Galv

slowpoke_342.jpg

Hello. Well, I was having the same issue with Victory Aftermath and this script when they are together. But I fixed it doing this:

1. Set the name of the switch as "EnableBusts" ( just as a reference, of course). That way you start the game with the switch off, and turn on the switch only when you wanna show a bust, not all the time, since you have more characters probably not showing a portrait than the ones that show one (well, this is in my case, I have only busts for my main characters and actors. This way you don't have to turn it off everytime an npc talks. Unless you have a bust for every character/npc in the game, then set your game to start with this switch on.

2. In the script, look for all the instances of "$game_switches[Galv_Bust::DISABLE_SWITCH]", if it has ! before it, remove it,  if it doesn't, add it. (basically, you are turning the actions backwards, since the switch is for enabling, not disabling)

3. Test a battle, and tada!

Just a random idea, but have you ever thought about the possibility of animated busts? I'm not sure how I'd be able to pull that off via events. Basically have a bust be an animation that loops until you click to the next text box, they do stuff like that in Phoenix Wright. Stuff like when a guy's in shock it goes into a looping animation of his hair sticking on end while he shakes, or whatever XD

</silly train of thought>

Actually I like that idea, though it would be more easily customizable for the user if they just used show pictures for that.

Maybe just a simple one that loops certain frames while talking

Umm.. that's kinda what I meant XD I have no idea how to do that with events since you can only show the battle animation effect thingys and then single frame pics.. and no idea how I'd get it to loop until the next text box even if I could show em.

Try playing with the BUST_Z setting, making it less. Or do you mean you want the bust to be pushed left? Can you display the bust on the left instead? Seeing as there is the choice box on the right

Hi Galv, I was wondering if there were any fixes you knew of besides adding a switch to turn on the busts every time for the compatibility with Yanfly's Victory Aftermath? I tried changing the 124 line (which was 127 for me) and added the corresponding portraits into the /face/ folder, but didn't work. 

Edit: Thanks Galv, I'm sorry I didn't take a closer look on the original post.

Edited by KindCoffee

In the original post there is a patch for yanfly's aftermath.

You don't need to move the portraits into the face folder, that's something different.

I know this thread is rather old, but figured I'd check to see.

When using Yanfly's Message System, and using the commands \af[x] a bust won't show.

My issue is the main character in my game changes, so I'd like to use \af[0] to always have the main characters bust always shown. But when using \af[x] it just shows nothing (face will show if you use the disable switch in the Message Bust script).

Thanks for any help! :)

Try putting this script below yanfly's message script. If it still doesn't work then that function isn't compatible, unfortunately.

I am also too busy to do compatibility changes, sorry, but feel free to ask in forum :)

It's already under.

I can actually do it all with switches and condition branches, so it's not super important, it'd just save a bit of time :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi Galv, is there any way to make the script place portraits on left or right based on portrait file names? For example, if there is '!!' in the file name, the portrait is automatically positioned on the right? I could manually switch the positions of the portraits during conversations, but if there's a way for it to sort positions out by itself, it would be great! Also, thanks for making this awesome script! 

That would require a change to the script. Unfortunately I don't have time for requests but you could try asking other forum members :)