Sign in to follow this  
Crimexx

Quick Edit to Name Input Processing

Hello All! I was mad cause my name input processing was in Japanese. So I went through the Game System scripts and stumbled across Window_NameInput and made a quick switch from Japan 1, Japan2, and Japan3, to Latin1 and Latin2. I know its easy to do but some may have no scripting knowledge at all, I have very basic Scripting knowledge.

Here's the Fix:

class Window_NameInput < Window_Selectable
 def table
return [LATIN1, LATIN2]
 end
end

Instructions:

1.Copy the Script located in the Code Box

2. Post it below materials and above main, Thanks!

P.S. - If you have a Japanese copy or trial this is useful for changing an actors name in-game. Also, This is my first time contributing to the RMVXACE Community, and my first script edit. So go easy on the flamez :P

Edit: Thanks Mr. Bubbles for the help

Edited by Crimexx

You don't need to repost the entire default script for this.

If you only want to use the Latin table of characters while ignoring the Japanese table, this is all you need.

def table
   return [LATIN1, LATIN2]
 end
end

You don't need to repost the entire default script for this.

If you only want to use the Latin table of characters while ignoring the Japanese table, this is all you need.

def table
return [LATIN1, LATIN2]
 end
end

Well again for those unexperienced with scripting may want the whole script and I updated it thanks for the suggestion. I will post both. Credit goes to you :)

Edited by Crimexx

Well again for those unexperienced with scripting may want the whole file and I updated it thanks for the suggestion. I will post both. Credit goes to you :)

It's not recommended to change the default scripts directly even for small edits like this unless you know what you're doing (and most general users don't) The snippet I posted is meant to be placed in the Materials section.

Thanks, but I don't need credit.

Well again for those unexperienced with scripting may want the whole file and I updated it thanks for the suggestion. I will post both. Credit goes to you :)

It's not recommended to change the default scripts directly even for small edits like this unless you know what you're doing (and most general users don't) The snippet I posted is meant to be placed in the Materials section.

Thanks, but I don't need credit.

Ill remove default script edit