Coolie

Land Vehicle 1.07 [Update: 09/29/2021]

2 hours ago, Coolie said:

Script updated to allow or disallow walking animation when piloting the vehicle.

Same issue, and i'm testing on a blank project.

edit

looking at the original game_vehicle script @walking_anime dosen't seem to do anything.... Once stepping animation is off no animation is played at all

Also of the get_on def it only runs when player gets on the vehicle so i figred i needed to add @step_anime = moving? somewhere where the vehicle updates all the time.

edit2

with trial and error I figured out to add it to def sync_with_player I just added @step_anime = moving? which fixes the issue i'm having. I did remove your script, but now I'm gonna add it in again and see if it's still solved or if I have to change something

So i tried to add  this to your script but it didn't work as i wanted. but the whole system works if I change the original game_vehicles script.

def sync_with_player

@step_anime = moving?

end

maybe i have to alias or something but thats beyond me

EDIT FINAL

alias :ed5_sync :sync_with_player
  def sync_with_player
    ed5_sync
    @step_anime = moving?
  end

figured it out! Add that to the end of your script before the last end # class Game_Vehicle

Edited by Chigoo

Script Updated to v1.07

• Encounter support for ship/airship added.
  • Altitude support for airship added.
  • Walk animation/step animation setting for Land Vehicle removed (redundant, now automatic based on vehicle type)

11 hours ago, Coolie said:

Script Updated to v1.07

• Encounter support for ship/airship added.
  • Altitude support for airship added.
  • Walk animation/step animation setting for Land Vehicle removed (redundant, now automatic based on vehicle type)

Awesome will update, I also wanted to know if there was a way to change movespeed on the fly, if you see my video I have different mount and I want to be able to make some faster than others.

Look what I did so far

I am going to add move speed on the fly (which is proving a bit difficult so far), and interaction with "button press" and "player touch" toggling within the next few days, typing code is a bit difficult right because I am recovering from a shoulder surgery I had this past Tuesday, but I took the notes on some feature stuff. These things will apply to two vehicles (land, ship), so it'll be more of a "Land Vehicle + Ship Vehicle Options" script in the next update.

Changing how the airship functions in regards to those same features seems a bit too much trouble for too little gain.

If you're able to encounter enemies while in an airship, coding would have to be added for troops that you'd be able to meet in the air, as well as being able to set a battle background for those battles, which I would assume would also need settings via region IDs so they wouldn't all be the same worldwide.

I may add this in the future for 3.0. but I can't promise it.

Edited by Coolie

5 hours ago, Coolie said:

I am going to add move speed on the fly (which is proving a bit difficult so far), and interaction with "button press" and "player touch" toggling within the next few days, typing code is a bit difficult right because I am recovering from a shoulder surgery I had this past Tuesday, but I took the notes on some feature stuff. These things will apply to two vehicles (land, ship), so it'll be more of a "Land Vehicle + Ship Vehicle Options" script in the next update.

Changing how the airship functions in regards to those same features seems a bit too much trouble for too little gain.

If you're able to encounter enemies while in an airship, coding would have to be added for troops that you'd be able to meet in the air, as well as being able to set a battle background for those battles, which I would assume would also need settings via region IDs so they wouldn't all be the same worldwide.

I may add this in the future for 3.0. but I can't promise it.

AWESOME stuff man. keep up the good work. for me I mainly just need the move speed. I also have to figure out how to make the player dismount when in combat since i'm using an ABS or make the player at least take damage.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, please get better!