Just added mouse system 2.5 to my project and result after clicking "start". don't understand what this thingy need from me cuz i didn't change anything there

post-32559-0-84019100-1397889791_thumb.jpg

I have an issue with the guns/projectile. I see there's is a "Through = true/false" notetag to make the projectile go through walls etc. I don't want it to go through walls, so I turn it to false, but if I do so, when I shoot directly to an enemy, the bullet wont hit him, instead the bullet stays stucked next to the enemy. Tried by adding THROUGH ON in the enemies' route but of course its crap because that would make the enemy go through walls aswell lol so...

1) How to make the bullet impassable through walls but passable through enemies at the same time (not the pierce) ?

2) Also another question, where in the script or wherever are the lines to add different ammo and change the ammo of the weapon? nevermind got it.

Edited by Zoecyta

How would I use this to clear skill slots?

$game_party.set_skill(1, 0, :N1)

I tried to set the skill ID to 0 but nothing happens I tried to set it to nil and I get an error... I want it to clear skill slot 1

How would I use this to clear skill slots?

$game_party.set_skill(1, 0, :N1)

I tried to set the skill ID to 0 but nothing happens I tried to set it to nil and I get an error... I want it to clear skill slot 1

$game_player.actor.assigned_skill = nil

also available for the rest of the slots

assigned_skill2

assigned_skill3

assigned_skill4

I‘d like to ask if it is possible to change default actor's knockdown graphic on map?
since I use a script that shows sprites depending on his/her equipment...

plz don't feel bothered if it is too complex to realize :p

Anyway thank you for this awesome script ! It is super convenient to use ~

it is also very responsible of you to  make an update :)

I am really amazed by the script. It is perhaps the best ABS I've seen. The moment I saw it I knew I had to use it (It's the first time a try a Real Time ABS), but I have a few questions which I hope no one else has asked here in the forum.

1) I'm trying to change the skillbar's keys to numbers. At top it says that it can be used with numbers 1 through 9 but when I try it I get the following error:

yk95hcH.png

Can you please tell me what I did wrong? I'm sure I've gone through the documentation several times.

2) I know your other amazing mouse script is compatible with the ABS. Is it possible to key bind the skill bar to a mouse button? 

Thanks for your help, and once again, it's an amazing script!

I am really amazed by the script. It is perhaps the best ABS I've seen. The moment I saw it I knew I had to use it (It's the first time a try a Real Time ABS), but I have a few questions which I hope no one else has asked here in the forum.

1) I'm trying to change the skillbar's keys to numbers. At top it says that it can be used with numbers 1 through 9 but when I try it I get the following error:

yk95hcH.png

Can you please tell me what I did wrong? I'm sure I've gone through the documentation several times.

2) I know your other amazing mouse script is compatible with the ABS. Is it possible to key bind the skill bar to a mouse button? 

Thanks for your help, and once again, it's an amazing script

To question 1: try this

# Pearl ABS Input module
module PearlKey

# numbers
  N0 = 0x30; N1 = 0x31; N2 = 0x32; N3 = 0x33; N4 = 0x34
  N5 = 0x35; N6 = 0x36; N7 = 0x37; N8 = 0x38; N9 = 0x39

To question 1: try this

# Pearl ABS Input module
module PearlKey

# numbers
  N0 = 0x30; N1 = 0x31; N2 = 0x32; N3 = 0x33; N4 = 0x34
  N5 = 0x35; N6 = 0x36; N7 = 0x37; N8 = 0x38; N9 = 0x39

Thank you so much!

I wanna change how affects slip damage/regen to make it affect on player per second not a random timing

# apply regen for hp, mp and tp
   def apply_regen_state(state, type)
     random = state.tool_data("State Effect Rand Rate = ") 
     random = 120 if random.nil?
     if rand(random) == 1
       battler.regenerate_hp if type == 7
       battler.regenerate_mp if type == 8
       battler.regenerate_tp if type == 9
       if type == 7 and battler.result.hp_damage == 0
         @colapse_time = 80
         battler.add_state(1)
         return
       end
       type == 9 ? pop_damage("Tp Up!") : pop_damage
     end
   end

help anybody? :mellow:

Hello!

I got a little Problem with this script, maybe somebody could help me?

I'm trying to use this script with Tall Chars (charset format 96x192px). My problem is, "User Graphics" from the Tools-Tags diddn't work correctly. My Battle-Animation had the format 192x192 ... the hight is the same, as the hight from the charset. But the Animation is played to low on the Y-Axis.

If i draw the char-set and the weapon animation together in a graphics programm, the animation fits exactly, the Charakter whields the sword in his Hand. But ingame, he held the sword underneath his hand. That means: Althoug the animation file ist 192 pixels hight, the positioning ingame seems to fit for a 32x32 pixel small char.

How could i change the script, to let a 192px animation fit to an 192px charakter?

Edited by Andynator

I have a bit of a question... I have been trying to get the hookshot to work, but everytime my character uses it from his hotbar, the character is frozen and can't move... It wont even fire the preset projectile for it or anything... Can anyone help me with that?

I wanna change how affects slip damage/regen to make it affect on player per second not a random timing

if rand(random) == 1
         @colapse_time = 80
         battler.add_state(1)
         return
       end
     end
   end

Potentially easy. If the method is called every second or every refresh/update cycle just modify it, comment out the random functions and insert a counter variable, once it reaches 60 then initiate regen otherwise break operation. Or you could compare system times, one 1 second difference is detected initiate regen.

A few ways you could do it really. Both of my suggestions rely on the method being called constantly by refresh/update cycles. Does it do that? I stopped using the system so I'm not 100% sure anymore. If you can confirm it does that, I'll be happy to write the method out for you.

I have a bit of a question... I have been trying to get the hookshot to work, but everytime my character uses it from his hotbar, the character is frozen and can't move... It wont even fire the preset projectile for it or anything... Can anyone help me with that?

Hey just wanted to say welcome to the forums! I'm not using this system anymore but off the top of my head it sounds like you got settings wrong for the item being used as a hookshot. Double check your notetags and all that stuff. Assuming you got everything setup correctly it should work. If yer stumped, take a look at the hookshot in the system demo.

Is there any way to come up with a scriptcall that damages an enemy by event ID?

That way, I could set any condition I want, and if that condition is met, an enemy is damaged?

Edited by zee hypnotist

if rand(random) == 1
         @colapse_time = 80
         battler.add_state(1)
         return
       end
     end
   end

Potentially easy. If the method is called every second or every refresh/update cycle just modify it, comment out the random functions and insert a counter variable, once it reaches 60 then initiate regen otherwise break operation. Or you could compare system times, one 1 second difference is detected initiate regen.

A few ways you could do it really. Both of my suggestions rely on the method being called constantly by refresh/update cycles. Does it do that? I stopped using the system so I'm not 100% sure anymore. If you can confirm it does that, I'll be happy to write the method out for you.

Sorry but i don't understand. I'm not even a coder, sadly

Can anyone answer these questions about Pearl?

What does these number in character set mean?

Knockdown Index = 0
Knockdown pattern = 1
Knockdown Direction = 2

And finally how do I move the status area on the right of the screen over about 3 centimeters?

Can anyone answer these questions about Pearl?

What does these number in character set mean?

Knockdown Index = 0
Knockdown pattern = 1
Knockdown Direction = 2

And finally how do I move the status area on the right of the screen over about 3 centimeters?

Sorry i can answer only about sprites

post-32559-0-25229500-1400133618_thumb.png

First off, I just want to thank you, for such an amazing ABS.  I am so impressed with this, it has really revolutionized my game, which has been in development for the last year. 

My only question, is probably something simple.  I can get Enemies to recognize the player and to chase them, however, they reset too easily, it's almost as if they have ADD or something.

In short, I want to enemies to, once seeing the player, to continue chasing them until killed, or the play switches maps.  I want them to remain engaged in combat, until one of these two things

happen.

Also, I cannot seem to get enemies to attack, ONLY if the play is 1 square away.

So, I want to get enemies, to chase the play, until they die, or the player changes maps, and to only use a weapon or skill, if the player is right next to the mob (1 square.)

Any help, from anyone who could help me figure this out would be greatly appreciated.

Everything else, is just great.  I've been playing around with it, and understand it well, very user friendly, easy to use.  I see the power and potential is this and I want to thank you again, for all

that hard work that has gone into this.

Also, I cannot seem to get enemies to attack, ONLY if the play is 1 square away.

So, I want to get enemies, to chase the play, until they die, or the player changes maps, and to only use a weapon or skill, if the player is right next to the mob (1 square.)

I also had the same problem and after a bit of fidgeting I found a workaround which uses "event touch" to do what you want. It's a bit annoying to explain and I figured that since other people might want to see how it's done too I uploaded a project. It'll show you how to make it so the enemy only attacks you when the enemy is directly next to you, i.e. touching.

I also made a way to answer your second question of an enemy chasing you until they die. It uses Napoleon's Autonomous Movement Extension. Just remember to delete Pearl ABS Antilag or it won't work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have a couple of questions! Here they are in order of importance:

1. How do I map the keys used so that the player can change them with F1/use a gamepad to play the game? I understand that usually there are too many commands for this, but because I'm only using Weapon, Armor, Follower and PlayerSelect in my game it's fine.

2. Is it possible to have a permadeath feature with followers so that once they die their dead sprite stays in the same place and remains there even after they've been removed from the party or you go to another map?

3. When I press "PlayerSelect" or "Quicktool" the pearlbar with all the equipped weapons and what key to press to activate them shows, even though I've removed it when just moving around the map. What do I take out from the script to remove it here too?

Thanks in advance.

I have an enemy summoner. She summons a healer. I hit her with Burning state and she dies from state, her healer stays on map and game crashes with this :[

I don't understand da heck this game wants from me?

post-32559-0-02534600-1401795820_thumb.jpg

post-32559-0-76618800-1401795820_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ronoke

I'm using this abs..i need a help with skillbar slots...well, the default system provides total 9 slots:

9 slots have their own activities:

1 - Weapon

1 - Armors

2 - Items

4 - Skills

1 - Scene_QuickTool

Just like in the chart weapon uses 1 slot, armor uses 1 slot, items uses 2 slots and Skills uses total 4 slots..

..at this point i want to use 2 slots for weapons, 2 slots for armors, 2 slots for items and 2 slots for skills.

last slot will remain same for quick tool scene...please help me..how to edit this in the script..

I have a problem with automatically placing a skill in my third slot. 

I made an autorun event with

$game_party.set_skill(1, 1, :N3)

It erases itself after initialization.

So in theory it should place skill 001 to the third slot of actor 001 right?

But nothing is happening somehow :D

This is how I placed my hotkeys in Battler settings script:

# Type            Key         Display name      
  Weapon   =  [PearlKey::N1,      '1']            # Weapon usage
  Armor    =  [PearlKey::N2,      '2']            # Armor usage
  Skill    =  [PearlKey::N3,      '3']            # Skill usage
  Item     =  [PearlKey::N4,      '4']            # Item  usage
  Item2    =  [PearlKey::N5,      '5']            # Item2 usage

I hope you can help me :)

Edited by Despise

is it possible to change the sprite of the actor while attacking? like XAS? well because this ABS was too awesome and easy to use. Unfortunately when I try to make some sprite like the actor using some weapon, it overlays the default character sprite and it doesn't look okay with XP sprite.