Thank you for your reply! Very well, I will experiment and see what will I achieve! Or else I will change my plans... But this system is absolutely great. I only have one last question though, that I couldn't find an answer in the documentation you put with the demo.

What is the script call that I can disable the battle system and re-enable it? Because during cinematics the quick-slot bar is visible, which is not visually nice, and even on "Wait", if you press "F" or any quick slot key with a skill, the character will attack/cast no matter what... :(

First of all, congratulations Falcao! This looks like the most advanced ABS script I have seen for both vx and vx ace. I was wondering if it is possible if you could make it so the weapon animations could use the weapons icon instead of character files like I have seen in other abs systems. I started working on a project with XAS for VX, but I am willing to switch over to this and get VX Ace if there is a patch for that! Also, I know this is kind of a silly question, but would you ever consider making this script for VX? Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick reply Levi Stepp. Hopefully there will be a possibility of a patch for using the weapon's icon as a the combat sprite that would be more important than a conversion. I played the demo again and this is definitely a great system.

This script will be only for rpg maker ace, vx has a lot of abs already.

Weapon icons are horrible, first because characters are four directionals and icons a fixed 24x24 pattern, don't be lazy and create your own decent animation sheet.

@pinoy lazy explanation, no idea what is shitruken

This script will be only for rpg maker ace, vx has a lot of abs already. Weapon icons are horrible, first because characters are four directionals and icons a fixed 24x24 pattern, don't be lazy and create your own decent animation sheet. @pinoy lazy explanation, no idea what is shitruken

Shurikens are those throwing stars, He want's to make a ranged attack that throws these.

thick_ninja_shuriken_540.jpg

Great battle system, but umm,, is it normal if the event sensor system senses through walls? Also:

My character uses a gun, and in order to prevent the bullets from going through walls, I set the Tool Through to false.

Now if an enemy uses this weapon, theres no problem, but if I use it, the bullet goes up to the target and then dissappeard.
It doesn't affect the enemy. Any help please?

Edited by Khaliid

For the shiruken you only need the shiruken graphic and,there you go, ranged attacks are the most easy part of the system.

@kalliid the enemy sensor doesnt check for map pasabilities.

When you set a tool to be throught false make sure to set piercing true or false depending of the tool reaction..

As I said in the documentation this abs has infinite posibilities, me as the creator I have a lot o things to learn of my own abs.

Users are able to create a really nice unique game using this system. Projects can use the,same script but with a big difference.

Good lord...this is a monumental achievement! I've never been much of an ABS fan, but this is brilliant. What impresses me the most is the party AI. I've never seen an ABS that allows party members and does it well. Bravo, my friend.

Looking at other abs systems such as Vlads Vampire ABS for VX and Sapphire one for VX ACE, the weapon icons for battle animation actually works quite well. I think it would be a good feature to add as an option (choice between custom or icons) for those who don't want to spend hours with graphics and for those who don't do well with graphics.It would be very time efficient and would make as a great bonus to this engine.

@xephyr it was a real pain to program those followers to performs some self actions.

@crusader I know those abs use weapon icons but they lack of ranged attacks and a lot of,basic features

@darkain most probably yes, may be I will update this engine for some minor bugs fixes nothing else.

I dont want to complicate the abs too much. it is a very complete abs engine already with tons of useful features

Edited by Falcao

Great work on the ABS, im really loving it.

However I have a question....

If I disabled the hud at the beginning, can you please tell me how to enable it through a script call, because I don't want it showing at the start of the game :)
thanks in advance! :)

Hello,

The script you made is awesome, however I have a question and I couldn't have found answer myself:

How can I make an enemy, which is not resurrected after I change the map? Problem is, that I'm making some enemies, kill them, going to another map, and then after come back enemies are still alive and ready to fight once again. This behavior occurs in your demo too. 

Hello,

The script you made is awesome, however I have a question and I couldn't have found answer myself:

How can I make an enemy, which is not resurrected after I change the map? Problem is, that I'm making some enemies, kill them, going to another map, and then after come back enemies are still alive and ready to fight once again. This behavior occurs in your demo too. 

I made the events "erase event" on a page that runs parellel, it might not be what you want but that is how I did mine. I have made a 2 hour game so far with this script... and have done some interesting things so far :P

On a side note, I am using V1 of this script still since when I made my game it was right when this was released (and I was looking to make a ABS but did not find any scripts that I liked enough). When I moved V2 in my skills stopped working for some reason. No big deal, V1 script has less features but enough to satisfy what I have been wanting to do for a long time. There are some things I ran into but fixed using events, one of them being when you learn a skill through a book then anyone can use the skill on the skill menu (but not main menu). To fix that, I simply made a common event that checked if the person who is in the party can learn the skill, then have the skill go to that member only. Another snag I ran into but fixed with a common event is I have a character that can transform into creatures and use skills. Whenever she turns back to normal she can  still use those skills I removed but remained on hot key. To fix this, I made all her creatures use special infinity ammo that will only trigger when she equips her transformation item :) I didn't even know I had an account here ha ha! I decided to finally post after lurking for I dunno how long.

Edited by Pilla

@Xsuicide Pearl ABS use the default TP system, a weapon invoke skill 1 by default, see the skill 1 definition and set the tp gain by hit. i dont give support for native ACE features.

@wonz you are suppose to achieve that by Enemy Die Self Switch but for some reason i dint implement it to the script, but anyway im considering to write a small snipped to implemented.

Pilla is working in the very right way, there are a lot of things you can fix by yourself using events

Edited by Falcao

- I`m sorry for that question. But thanks, i already figure out how to do a shuriken.

- Sir i found some errors sir. I`m currently using Yami`s Overlay Mapping and when i killed an enemy my overlay maps are gone or lost!