battler.state_steps[state.id] -= 1 if battler.state_steps[state.id] > 0

For some reason, I always get a error when dealing with states. Not all the time, but it's really frequent when I use a character that can inflict states on attacks. It seems to happen when a monster dies and had/has a state on them. Not sure how to edit it and make it not do that :(

battler.state_steps[state.id] -= 1 if battler.state_steps[state.id] > 0

For some reason, I always get a error when dealing with states. Not all the time, but it's really frequent when I use a character that can inflict states on attacks. It seems to happen when a monster dies and had/has a state on them. Not sure how to edit it and make it not do that :(

I guest you are still using Pearl Version V1

Here the states definition of Pearl ABS V2, go to 'Pearl Kernel' script and find the states definition and replace it with this one

This should fix that

#================================

# states
  def primary_state_ani
    return nil if battler.states[0].nil?
    return battler.states[0].tool_data("State Animation = ")
  end

# higer priority state animation displayed
  def update_state_effects
    @state_poptimer[0] += 1 unless primary_state_ani.nil?
    if @state_poptimer[0] == 30
      @animation_id = primary_state_ani
      @animation_id = 0 if @animation_id.nil?
    elsif @state_poptimer[0] == 180
      @state_poptimer[0] = 0
    end
    update_state_action_steps 
  end

# update state actions
  def update_state_action_steps
    for state in battler.states
      if state.remove_by_walking
        if !battler.state_steps[state.id].nil? &&
          battler.state_steps[state.id] > 0
          battler.state_steps[state.id] -= 1 
        end
        if battler.state_steps[state.id] == 0
          battler.remove_state(state.id)
          pop_damage
        end
      end
      if state.restriction == 4
        @stopped_movement = 10
        @pattern = 2 if @knockdown_data[0] == 0
      end
      state.features.each do |feature|
        if feature.code == 22 
          @knockdown_data[0] =10 if state.restriction == 4 && feature.data_id==1
          next unless feature.data_id.between?(7, 9)
          apply_regen_state(state, feature.data_id)
        end
      end
    end
  end

# apply regen for hp, mp and tp
  def apply_regen_state(state, type)
    random = state.tool_data("State Effect Rand Rate = ") 
    random = 120 if random.nil?
    if rand(random) == 1
      battler.regenerate_hp if type == 7
      battler.regenerate_mp if type == 8
      battler.regenerate_tp if type == 9
      if type == 7 and battler.result.hp_damage == 0
        @colapse_time = 80
        battler.add_state(1)
        return
      end
      type == 9 ? pop_damage("Tp Up!") : pop_damage
    end
  end

Thanks a ton! I saw how V2 seemed to have diffrent script, but I was unsure how to edit it myself ( I am super new to scripts and can barely understand tham ). I will be posting some help to others on your system on what I have learned so far, and maybe it will help others see what is possible :D  I have learned how to make a heal spell by area of effect and how to combine other scripts to make neat things. I will probably post it here by Sunday. Thanks again :)

Thanks a ton! I saw how V2 seemed to have diffrent script, but I was unsure how to edit it myself ( I am super new to scripts and can barely understand tham ). I will be posting some help to others on your system on what I have learned so far, and maybe it will help others see what is possible :D  I have learned how to make a heal spell by area of effect and how to combine other scripts to make neat things. I will probably post it here by Sunday. Thanks again :)

I hope you learn about V2 features too, would be cool if you share your knowledge of Pearl ABS with others, im very stressed with tons of questions by the users, im helping all i can but i need somebody else to help too.

I hope you can make some video or writing tutorials of tool creation and all that stuff (that would help  a lot to mitigate the bunch of  support requested)

;)

Edited by Falcao

Demo outdated :3

Alright that is the demo, also my game but I'm never really going to release it. (I just use rpg maker for fun). I won't be back until Monday because of my job, so decided to post it a little early. There are some spells in there that might give others and idea of what you can do, check out the events in the common tab and the test map page, I'll write how I did it later once I have time, or if you are savy enough you'll understand anyways.

Edited by Pilla

I just came back from a short time vacation.

@Pilla im going to test your game tonight. 

Neat :P although I should update it, give me a second to load the better version up.

Edit : This one is the better version. The old one has the wrong weapons equipped. Also there is a knight at the front that gives save crystals and a cheating bow, I never removed him because I always use him to test things :o

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7kz40f8it2tzjw/Star%20Sharon.rar

Edited by Pilla

I'm New To Rpg Maker I used To Use Game maker lol, I Love Your Scripts all of them. You Make Rpg Maker Advanced Without Making It Harder To Use....

;)  Good Job Man I hope You Have More Scripts Like Crafting and other cool Scripts! ;)

I'm having trouble getting an entire animation to play with a skill. The animation is 80 frames. I played with all the script calls and the most I managed was to get about 15 to 20 frames of the animation to play. Most of the changes I made at that point resulted in the skill skipping the animation all together and just playing the SE and killing the enemies.

So then I just copied the script call from the Lightburst skill in the v2 demo. This allowed about 40 or so frames of the animation to play (which is about how many the animation for lightburst is). After playing with the script calls a bit, all I've managed to do is make the skill skip the animation and just play SE and kill enemies.

Is there a combination of script calls that I need to change to make this 80 frame animation work? Or is it just to long?

Any help or insight (from anyone) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

@pilla ok i think i downloaded the old one

@realdeal Thanks!

@Humanninja Tool Destroy Delay = x, change that to a higher number (more than 80 frames becouse you dont want the tool to be destroyed before the animation ends) and the Tool Animation When = acting

You still have to learn more about the tool settings data

Edited by Falcao

@Humanninja Tool Destroy Delay = x, change that to a higher number (more than 80 frames becouse you dont want the tool to be destroyed before the animation ends) and the Tool Animation When = acting

Ok so apparantly my Tool Destroy Delay was just not high enough. I had it at 160 and kept bumping it up. Finally at 280 I get all 80 frames in animation. I guess I was having a brain fart or something. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Falcao

Ok so apparantly my Tool Destroy Delay was just not high enough. I had it at 160 and kept bumping it up. Finally at 280 I get all 80 frames in animation. I guess I was having a brain fart or something. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Falcao

Brain fart? lol  :D

Just read the documentation and learn about the tool creation settings definition 

Could you add an OPTION CHOICE to make the Tools graphics work using Icon sprite like other action battle systems?

like a note tag <Use Icon sprites>

I mean the choice to make a custom tool graphic [like the current falco engine] or allow the game to use the Default Tool Icon index [like other action battle systems]. And this by just a notetag?

If that happen I will consider leaving all action battle systems behind.

Its just I think this one is too great but an OPTION in a NOTETAG to use the Tools Grahpic based on the Iconset would be great (ONLY OPTIONAL)

And you could use custom ones as well.

Do you get what I mean and is this possible?

Because I really love your engine.

choice between Icon graphics and default graphics..

Edited by Sievnn

@Sievn May be in the future, now im no working on any scripting project, another thing is an 24 x 24 fixed direction icon never going to look at least acceptable, if you want a decent abs game you have to put a bit of effort to make a decent game, i guest you want other peoples to play your game but with a crappy game play user just leave it.

Edited by Falcao

Making Icons for each Weapon is going to take a lot of time which I don't have in real life specially if you want 100+ weapons unlockable.

And not every battle system is bad game played, its just yours is one of the greatest I have seen.

Making custom graphics would be fun at times but making 100 custom graphics isn't that fun and is time consuming that I don't have in real life.

Also a die self switch would be good too.

Keep up the great work...

Edited by Sievnn

MayI aslk how to create those moving weapons (sets)? or could you make a basic tutorial?

There is not an easy way to create that

Basic tutorial? It require an intermediate scripting knowledge to achieve that,

I would write it as add on but I think you are the only one who request iconset graphics.

I need at least 5 request to create the add on, I know it sound weird but my time is gold for me

Ok Falco, I was able to create the Icon sprite for each weapon and it worked greatly (wasn't as hard as I thought but still takes a lot of time to make all weapons you need...) :P

But I still support an addon and I hope more people would support that.

Note ; please make sure the addon makes Icon sprites OPTIONAL (through note tags, like use_iconset_sprites=false or true, because I still love custom graphics).

I am officially using your engine in my project, Its a major secret project [only yet!] that was in development for 2 years.

Edited by Sievnn

Neat work on this!

I'm actually using it in my game at the moment, however there seems to be an issue when setting up a Enemy Die Self Switch for an enemy. Lucky for me as I know Ruby a bit I managed to fix that but for someone who is unfamiliar with scripting you might want to patch that. Just wanna let you know. You can always PM me if you want to know how I solved it. :)

Neat work on this!

I'm actually using it in my game at the moment, however there seems to be an issue when setting up a Enemy Die Self Switch for an enemy. Lucky for me as I know Ruby a bit I managed to fix that but for someone who is unfamiliar with scripting you might want to patch that. Just wanna let you know. You can always PM me if you want to know how I solved it. :)

Would be great if you post the patch for the Die Self Switch missing feature. a lot of peoples will be thankful.

@sievn im glad you create your own, now you can share the code with those peoples who want the weapon icon feature

Edited by Falcao

All I did was commenting/removing a line in the following method:

def run_assigned_commands
    transform = @enemy.enemy.tool_data("Enemy Die Transform = ")
    switch = @enemy.enemy.tool_data("Enemy Die Switch = ")
    $game_switches[switch] = true if switch != nil
    variable = @enemy.enemy.tool_data("Enemy Die Variable = ")
    $game_variables[variable] += 1 if variable != nil
    self_sw = @enemy.enemy.tool_data("Enemy Die Self Switch = ", false)
    $game_map.event_enemies.delete(self) if @enemy.object
    $game_map.enemies.delete(self) if @enemy.object
    if self_sw.is_a?(String)
      $game_self_switches[[$game_map.map_id, self.id, self_sw]] = true
    else
      erase unless @deadposee
    end
    if transform != nil
      @enemy = Game_Enemy.new(0, transform) 
      apply_respawn
    end
  end

I figured you wont need to call apply_respawn if you are setting a dead self switch since the monster is supposed to be permanent dead right?

Edit: Hold on, I am getting a few more errors when pressing menu command when a enemy is dead. Might need to think of a other solution.

Edit again: The method should work now. :)