Falcao

Falcao Pearl ABS Liquid V3 update

Neat work on this!

I'm actually using it in my game at the moment, however there seems to be an issue when setting up a Enemy Die Self Switch for an enemy. Lucky for me as I know Ruby a bit I managed to fix that but for someone who is unfamiliar with scripting you might want to patch that. Just wanna let you know. You can always PM me if you want to know how I solved it. :)

Would be great if you post the patch for the Die Self Switch missing feature. a lot of peoples will be thankful.

@sievn im glad you create your own, now you can share the code with those peoples who want the weapon icon feature

You got me wrong I didn't create a code I learned how to make sprites using bitmap..

Falco by the way, check this system at least :

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/7076-mystic-action-system-beta/

and try using it to figure out a Code to make weapon sprites work, I mean so you make it more quicker..

I tried putting both of that script and your sciprt together and it worked BUT if their is an Enemy around, it crashes, so maybe you could like edit the code of the attacking in the script and put it in your script?

Edited by Sievnn

I Combined Two Scripts together (one of them is pearl ABS) And It made Iconsets work but crash if their is an enemy :

http://www.multiupload.nl/S1ZII27U7B

The only problem that IF Their is an enemy on the screen.. the game will crash.

So, falco.. could you fix this or try to find a way to make by pressing a specific key a weapon sprite appears (like in the DEMO) the problem with the demo is that both of the scripts use Game_Enemy, maybe you could find a way to make an addon from this, FALCO?

Edited by Sievnn

@Sievn First make sure you are using Pearl ABS Liquid V2

Second you are doing a lot of things wrong, do not combine two different abs together, obviously something wont work properly, it is not just copy pasting from another project to get things to work, you have to learn how it work also.

Parl ABS is just ignoring the weapon icon feature you copy pasted because you are no telling the script "Hey! this is a tool cmon! make some damage"

While spending time to get that to work you should be making tons of tool animation presets, it is very easy when you get done the first one.

--

Edited by Falcao

I do understand but the point of what I did that maybe you could get some ideas to make a quick addon. I mean see what happens scriptly when you attack in the other abs so you could quickly make an addon.

Oh and by the way, I couldn't resist not using your script :D

Its so awesome. I tried using other ABS but they may have icon sprites but they are way too generic.

You will be surprised when I release my game, I will send you a message when its done.

hopefully after a month or so.

but then still I will always wait for an addon =_=

Edited by Sievnn

Hey Falcao!

I'm with a one player project and as I'm not a scripter, I have a question. How can I remove the "M" key function? Its a single player game, so, I don't need to change characters (I'm using the mouse system too)

Hey Falcao!

I'm with a one player project and as I'm not a scripter, I have a question. How can I remove the "M" key function? Its a single player game, so, I don't need to change characters (I'm using the mouse system too)

20gfnyx.png

I think that is the line, but I do not use V2 so hopefully I am not incorrect on that. Sorry in advance if this is not what you are looking for. Also, just set that to true or false to toggle it.

Edited by Pilla

@Pilla: I'm using the last version of Pearl and it does not have this feature, unfortunatelly. But thanks for the help.

And I have another question. I'm using the mouse system, and I want to disable the "N" key function, I want to put an icon in the screen to call that scene (as I've already done with the menu and save options, calling Scene_Menu and a common event) but, what scene I should call to replace the "N" key function and how can I disable the "N" function, only allowing the player to call the tools menu by selecting the icon on the screen?

Edited by Wendell

@weldell if you are using the latest version of the script the single player option must be there (liquid v2)

To disable the N key write 

return

Below this method on Pearl Battler settings script

def update_menu_buttons
Edited by Falcao

Thanks Falcao, it worked! Actually, I was with an older version, my mistake.

Now, if I want to put an icon in the screen to call that scene (as I've already done with the menu and save options, calling Scene_Menu and a common event), what scene I should call to replace the "N" key function?

Thanks Falcao, it worked! Actually, I was with an older version, my mistake.

Now, if I want to put an icon in the screen to call that scene (as I've already done with the menu and save options, calling Scene_Menu and a common event), what scene I should call to replace the "N" key function?

In the documentation is explained how to call the quick tool selection menu manually.

Excellent script! One bug I've noticed is that sometimes after you block your char is unable to use any weapon/item/skill at all and the shield animation stops. It's caused by mashing the weapon/shield buttons alternately while blocking. Once you know about the bug it's easy to avoid but if there's a simple way to fix it then that would be appreciated.

Edit: I can't reliably recreate it, but if you try for a couple minutes or so it sometimes happens - it doesn't seem to happen every time.

Edited by Micdermonot

@Micdermonot if you cant replicate it it is not a bug, may be is a tool with a high cooldown 

I can replicate it quite easily. What I meant is, it doesn't always happen so sometimes you have to try it about 10 times before it will work. I was using the default sword/shield from the demo. I assumed this was just a bug in the script but I'll see then if perhaps the cooldowns just need to be adjusted to prevent this from happening.

Falcao, something happened when I copied the scripts into my project.

In the demo, if I use some tool/skill with a casting animation, the animation stays in the player, even if he walks.

In my project, if I use some tool/skill with a casting animation and I walk, the animation stays at the first tile the player was, it does not "accompany" him.

What can it be?

Edited by Wendell

Wait until you see mine ;)

Falco.

I am keeping my mouse shut and no official announcement yet.

You shall see next week, wait till Wednesday 30 January 2013.

Edited by Sievnn

Falcao, this is an excellent system and thanks for creating it.

I'm having a great time with it, but I'm having a couple minor issues I haven't been able to figure out:

1) I'm using Kha's Awesome Lighting Effects script and the HUD for your battle system becomes darkened when I tint the screen. Is there a way to put the HUD above the darkness so it doesn't fade out too?

2) I would like to remove the Experience bar from the HUD as my game does not have levels. Could you point me in the direction of getting rid of that?

I'm not any kind of a scripter so I have extremely little knowledge on it.

Thank you for your time!

@brave:

To disable exp simply look at Pearl Life Bars and on the method refresh_contents:

Remove the lines...

PearlKernel.image_exp(self.bitmap,e[0] + 4,e[1],@bimg,@piexp, battler)

And...

PearlKernel.draw_exp(self.bitmap,battler, e[0], e[1], e[2], e[3], ec)

There, that should work.

The only reason you need to remove both is because you can either use a image to draw exp or it can be drawn using a bitmap. Hope that helps!

Have been testing around the demo some more and I found that if you have more than 5 party members, you cannot get a game over when all of your members were dead. An error regarding the deadposing on line 1731 of the kernel would thrown when the aforementioned scenario happened and I attempt to use the formation command in the menu.

I also changed the value of max_battle_members in the original game_party script (Since Yanfly's party script is incompatible) to get more followers. This somehow works, except there are some glitches when certain characters were dead, and most of a time a NoMethod error (undefined method 'id' for nil:Nilclass) of line 466 from battler settings, ah well...

Edited by Pikakapi

@brave Do exactly what Nicke told you

@pikakapi Im not giving support for external scripts issues

I just have tested and if you have more than 4 dead party members, the game over doesnt come up, thanks for pointing it out because im about to release the 'Fantastic Pearl ABS Patch' which include a lot of great features like the weapon icon for user and the projectile, also i have fixed the Self switch issue and a lot of minor bug fixes.

Stay alert for the next patch update

Edited by Falcao

I want to have 6 battle members on the map but didn't work anyway... oh well.
I'm glad the first problem will be fixed though. I can't wait for the patch.