Galv

Variable Instance Bars

Variable Instance Bar - Version 1.1

Galv

Introduction

So, I didn't really know what to call this script. This is very much just a cosmetic script - purely for show. Do not expect anything more. Requested by Bunni89

Features

Allows you to call a bar that fades in, slowly fills up to a certain point and fades out.

You can use static numbers you input into the script call or use it to increase the amount of a certain variable.

You can change background image, bar colours and text during the game.

Also includes a bunch of settings to customise the size, position, speed of bar filling etc. in the script.

What to use this for is really up to your imagination.

Screenshot

variable-bar.png

How to Use

Place script under Materials and above Main.

Read script instructions and settings, there's a lot that can be modified

Bar background image goes in /Graphics/System/ folder.

Script

Get it here

Credit and Thanks

- Galv

- Requested by Bunni89

Author's Notes

The images included in the demo are for examples only. They were made quick and dirty to encourage you to create your own.

Updates

2012-12-04 - Version 1.1 - fixed font mistake

nice one galv.

if possible... can you made it able to show in scene_battle too. and make it able to show 2 bars at a time.

i'm creating suikoden like duel system using event + script call.

i set my project to change the battle to duel battle system whenever the battler is only one troop left and one actor left.

the missing things is only the hp bars between the dueling battler :D.

Might have to create something more tailored to suit that. In fact I have some ideas for that which could be fun. That'll be on my list of scripts to randomly try hehe.

I said it before and I'll say it again, your scripts are brilliant. Can't wait until you get a bit more experienced and start delving into the more complicated stuff :)

I love the gradients used on the bar, looks so smooth <3

I can't think of a use for it though :( I guess alignment games could use it if edited a little though?

@ DP3 - Thanks, I still feel like I'm a fair ways off anything too complicated just yet. I'm still in the "messing around working stuff out" stage :P

@ Aelita - There are many options for editing how it looks, could easily be used for alignment

Edited by Galv

I love it! :D Looks fancier than I imagined, I didn't care what it looked like as long as it worked XD This will be super mega useful for my project and by now I'm crediting you for half the scripts I use XD

DP3 raises an interesting idea though! Lol I was trying to replicate a suikoden battle system too but was gonna do the army battles via eventing. Anyway I think it would be a cool idea to have some sort of script that calls two of these bars at the top of the screen and they stay there until they're un-called. (But can be increased and decreased while they're up) Would be useful for battles done via multiple-choice rock-paper-scissors esque stuff like this, or any other system where someone just wants some HP bars outside of a proper fight.

But don't worry if this isn't possible XD I'll just go to my backup plan of displaying HP via numbers.

@Bunni - Glad you like it. Let me know when you find a bug, heh

I believe it was estriole's suggestion for suikoden style bars (I did like those games a lot...) and I recall seeing someone else also request something like that, so it is on my "To attempt when I feel like it" list :)

@Sievn - that sounds like something I will try at some point too

@Bunni - Glad you like it. Let me know when you find a bug, heh

I believe it was estriole's suggestion for suikoden style bars (I did like those games a lot...) and I recall seeing someone else also request something like that, so it is on my "To attempt when I feel like it" list :)/>/>

@Sievn - that sounds like something I will try at some point too

With an Icon feature, an Icon that you could pick , under it the number of variables

and the position of the Icon could be adjusted if you don't mind :)/>/>

Make it any Number of icons and any number of variables.

for example

Variable = 1

Icon index = 128

and another :

Variable = 2

Icon index = 135

=]

I LOVE your scripts so much. and By the way thought, Can I suggest some thing with your Jump Ability script?

Although I loved the Jump bonus, I would also love a Running Bonus, the Running bonus would increase your speed.

Edited by Sievn

Please stay on topic - it would be best to ask that in my jump ability topic or request a script that does that.

But that is something that I will do at some point, sure :)

I really appreciate and could use this script--for many things!

A few questions/comments:

If the active time is set to a high number, it takes a long time for the window to dispose.

EDIT: Seems like the active time is how long the entire window is displayed, but the filling/draining of the bar takes only a part of that time. So, the window waits with the bar full until that time runs out.

EDIT EDIT: The bar fills twice as fast as the window's display time. So...I "fixed" this by dividing the fill_rate value at line 317 by 2.

Is there any way to change the background color of the bar?

EDIT: Figured this one out mahself!

As for the information in your module under the heading SCRIPT SETTINGS, is there a way to change any of this in-game, such as the active time or the bar position?

Thanks. :)

Edited by AeghtyAteKees