Coolie

Final Fantasy Styled Battle Log v2.05 [Updated 03-02-2020]

In your own words:

- Customizable opacity for the Battle Log window.

- Define skills that will not show up in the Battle Log window (i.e. normal attacks, defending, etc.).

- Actor and Enemy name prefix omitted before showing Skill or Item name.

- "Customizable opacity for the Battle Log window".

Where 'the opacity that I set??

Oh dear lord, look.. this script replaces the original battle log, all it does is shows a box, just one long box at the top of the screen that says the name of an action about to be preformed, those things you listed are the settings you can change for this script!

It's right there at the top of the script, just READ ... ugh...

Look for this line in the script

OPACITY = 255 # Opacity of Battle Log Window [default: 255]

BACK_OPACITY = 255 # Back opacity of Battle Log Window [default: 255]

It's lines 107 and 108.

Look at the picture he posted, see the LONG box at the top of the screen? That's what it does, it replaces the default boxes with ONE long box that says what action is being taken....

If you can not figure it out after i just pointed it out to you, i don't know what else to tell you.

The battle log is NOT the boxes at the bottom of the screen! That's the battle status!

Edited by Michael Ponder Jr

In your own words:

- Customizable opacity for the Battle Log window.

- Define skills that will not show up in the Battle Log window (i.e. normal attacks, defending, etc.).

- Actor and Enemy name prefix omitted before showing Skill or Item name.

- "Customizable opacity for the Battle Log window".

Where 'the opacity that I set??

Again, this script only affects Window_BattleLog. It says so right in the script, man. It does not affect the "HUD" of the battle system. Those classes are Window_BattleStatus, Window_BattleSkill, Window_BattleItem, Window_PartyCommand, and Window_ActorCommand.

Anyway, I'm working on some new updates to include other instances of Window_BattleLog (adding state message, etc.) I had overlooked them because I was using another script to disable some of the Battle Log output. Code should be a lot cleaner, as well. I'll post it when I finish it up.

I think he's just looking for the ff battle log opacity setting guys. What are you getting so worked up about? He never said he wants to change the status opacity.

Edited by Caveras

I think he's just looking for the ff battle log opacity setting guys. What are you getting so worked up about? He never said he wants to change the status opacity.

Yes, he did. We're not getting worked up. We're trying (in vain) to explain to him that he doesn't understand what this particular script actually does. That is partly my fault, since the screenshot I used shows another script used as well as the Battle Log one, but I'll correct that when I update the script. I'll change the screenshot to a default one.

Found a slight error. When you normally attack the actions go fine without a message, but the damage to each enemy to displayed at the top of the screen without a message box.

Yeah, my bad.. i'm sorry... i was the only one getting worked up.... i seen Will trying to explain over and over and over.. the guy not getting it, so i stepped in and tried to explain better.. and got rather worked up in the process... and for that i am sorry...

Found a slight error. When you normally attack the actions go fine without a message, but the damage to each enemy to displayed at the top of the screen without a message box.

This isn't an error. Not every line of text output has been converted yet in the current version.

This script is meant to do much more than simply change the window behavior, and more updates are likely in the future. I have a list of planned updates, and will be working on them when I can. The script, as is, is stable enough to release.

In the next update, other text outputs will be tended to, like damage, state application, buff/debuff, etc.

The battle status is the default,with the opacity changed to 0.

Great job William C,your script is very similar to CWinter FF風 ç”»é¢ä¸Šéƒ¨ã«ã‚¹ã‚­ãƒ«å表示,but more compatible with other scripts.

The battle status is the default,with the opacity changed to 0.

Great job William C,your script is very similar to CWinter FF風 ç”»é¢ä¸Šéƒ¨ã«ã‚¹ã‚­ãƒ«å表示,but more compatible with other scripts.

It's not. It has custom modules for the font size, color and placement for the names, HP, MP, and TP. In the screen, I left them mostly default. I just changed the sizes, I think.

Hey i got the script working great :)  i just have one question why is there no window behind the text? i have been messing around with the Opacity settings but still no window backed the text so any help with this would be greatly appreciated   :)

Hey i got the script working great  :)  i just have one question why is there no window behind the text? i have been messing around with the Opacity settings but still no window backed the text so any help with this would be greatly appreciated    :)

I think it's because it's supposed to emulate some of the latter FF games like 8 and 9, which don't have windows (at least while the ATB bars are charging).

Hmm skills display seems to have issue if the skill question has repeats more than 1 

For example double attack will display first time but on 2nd hit you just get empty text box

Sounds cool, seems to also have issues with all target spells as well xD

But thanks again it is a pretty handy script :)

Sounds cool, seems to also have issues with all target spells as well xD

But thanks again it is a pretty handy script :)

It's a Final Fantasy styled script, and as such, it was intended to be used with a damage popup script (that would also hide most BattleLog lines) but I'm working to make it usable without a popup script.

Well I am using it with Yanfly battle engine at the moment - do you have a recommendation for popup script?

Yanfly has a Damage Popup script.

Hmm the issue I have with all target spells is the ones that add states to party

For example I have elemental shield which grants element rate 0 state to party

It displays elemental shield, plays on first actor, then box is empty as state is applied to all other party members

Hmm the issue I have with all target spells is the ones that add states to party

For example I have elemental shield which grants element rate 0 state to party

It displays elemental shield, plays on first actor, then box is empty as state is applied to all other party members

Any ability which adds or removes a state prematurely clears the BatteLog window in the current version of this script. The ability's scope (who it targets) is not what causes it. It's fixed in the version I'm working on.

Edited by William C

Thanks for clearing that up I did see that mentioned in your script but I wasn't too clear on it - thanks for explaining :)