Coolie

Final Fantasy Styled Battle Log v2.05 [Updated 03-02-2020]

hi i m fench and i m a noob in RPG maker please helpe me for install this script 

From original pose: "Simply paste the script ABOVE Main and BELOW Window_BattleLog."

Script updated to 1.04 to allow different windowskins to be used in the battlelog for actor or enemy attacks. This update also includes the last update which I might not have posted, which corrects the BattleLog prematurely clearing text when states are added/removed from actors or enemies.

Hey, your script rocks... and thanks for adding the newest feature. I think it's cool...

As a way to not have to manually type the skills to ignore (attack, defend, etc.) for line 262, I put this

if item.id.to_s == COOLIE::LOG::IGNORE_SKILLS[i].to_s || item.message1.empty?

I dunno if there's any ill effects in doing this that you can think of. But for me it saves a lot of time.

Hey, your script rocks... and thanks for adding the newest feature. I think it's cool...

As a way to not have to manually type the skills to ignore (attack, defend, etc.) for line 262, I put this

if item.id.to_s == COOLIE::LOG::IGNORE_SKILLS[i].to_s || item.message1.empty?

I dunno if there's any ill effects in doing this that you can think of. But for me it saves a lot of time.

Ah, I see. Any skills without a message get omitted? Nice edit. :D

Ohh sorry... Yeah, the name is not showed, maybe it's something of one of those scripts who hides the battle log

I don't know exactly how to look at that so I don't know how to fix it

Edited by Piers

Again, I'll ask: the name of what? The name of the actor or enemy when using a skill, the skill name? What isn't showing? By default, actor and enemy names do not show. You can change it in the script settings, though. You can also define which skill IDs are ignored and won't show in the settings. Make sure you have those settings the way you want before you test, and if you're still having the same problem, please be specific about it and tell me or make a demo for me to test myself.

No, I mean the skill name is not showed, and it's not a skill is in the list where the skill name display is blocked

Any skill's name is not showed, but that only happens when I have those scripts

Sorry by not being clear with the problem

There is no script called Schala AT Gauge at the link you posted. There is only a link to a demo, which does not have the script you mentioned. Post the scripts from your project, so I can copy them exactly as you have them and test.

so i'm playing FF Anniversary Edition for PSP on PPSSPP on windows 8.1

that begin the case; this is...one...sexy...script. i give you two erect thumbs on this one. great job Will.

Edited by dbchest

I'll put them as .txt file, I didn't remove the headers of those scripts

MOG ATB.txtSchala ATB Gauge.txt

I'm sorry if it's not proper put them of this way, but I tried to put them via spoiler and the lag didn't let me to make this post, so I opted by this alternative

Edited by Piers

I tried to upload the whole folder, but I can put a .zip/.rar file there for some reason, I'll put the necesary files, just put them in a folder called Schala_ATB and put this folder in the Graphics folder of the project to make it work

Edit: They need to be renamed, in order, the name for thos files are: ATB_Layout, Actor_ATB and Enemy_ATB, sorry by making it of this way but, well, I couldn't put them in a ZIP file for some reason

post-15629-0-05695200-1415751197.png post-15629-0-33394400-1415751211.png post-15629-0-55188000-1415751224.png

Edited by Piers

I can't find anything that would be stopping my script from running, the two scripts you gave me barely reference the same methods, and even when I commented the shared methods out of MOghunter's scripts, the effect was the same. There's no modification to Scene_Battle that would eliminate the BattleLog window, either.

Also, even when my script isn't present, there is still absolutely no BattleLog. The script mentions that it's meant to be used alongside Battle HUD EX and either Schala ATB and another ATB script, all by the same authot. I'd suggest contacting Moghunter about compatibility. I'm afraid it's beyond my skill and I'm not familiar enough with Moghunter's scripts to fix this for you.

In the meantime, using his Battle HUD EX script might be the fix you need.

Mmmm I see, thanks a lot

I might stay with Yanfly's ATB after this, has more configuration options and it's compatible with your FF Battlelog style

I think the state issue is still not fixed?

I am using a state skill which affects all allies except the user.

The second allied target get a blank box

Using your latest script (1.04)

Ace Battle Engine and Target Manager

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/target-manager/

Screenshots of issue

http://i.imgur.com/H27Le68.png

http://i.imgur.com/mwoc2aX.png

http://i.imgur.com/tu3EwdX.png (being cast on 2nd character)

I have double saved and also tested without the battle tester function as well

The script has been updated to version 2.00 after being mostly rewritten.

@AlliedG: Please try the new version, let me know if you're still getting the blank window. For me personally, an alias of "last_text" in VE - Animated Battle was causing it. I've overwritten that method this time around, hoping it will fix it for everyone.

Updated to 2.01.

I gave different methods to displaying skills and items instead of the same one. The reason being that simply calling the skill's name was not good enough. Skills have the option to add in custom messages when used, so I had the script pull that information, rather than the name in the DB. Now you can name your skills whatever you want, and still have a different set of text show up when it's used. I also added in an overwritten method I had forgotten to before.

@AlliedG: Your blank window issue should be fixed now with the 2.01 version, but I've only tested the script using a different battle system than you, so please let me know when you can.

Edited by William C

Updated to 2.01.

@AlliedG: Your blank window issue should be fixed now with the 2.01 version, but I've only tested the script using a different battle system than you, so please let me know when you can.

I just tested in a blank project with the yanfly battle engine and your script (newest one 1st page)

Same issue

http://i.imgur.com/OXc8WbM.png

http://i.imgur.com/VqSLj9N.png