Coolie

Final Fantasy Styled Battle Log v2.05 [Updated 03-02-2020]

Glad it's working for you, finally. The method I changed to fix it should fix that issue no matter what battle system people are using now. If anyone out there is using this script with any battle systems other than VE Animated Battle or Battle Engine Ace, please let me know if there are any issues.

Updated script to v2.02 to address an issue with the Y offset settings.

Why would you hear MP recovery sounds from guarding?

I set the skill to recover MP - demo has example.

Edit: It also stops when you are taking damage sounds from playing.

Wow this looks amazing ^~^ I am using it now and I am so happy that it work well with Victor's and Yanfly's scripts x). But that HUD is just gorgeous. :3 when will we be able to experience such a beautiful HUD from you? :3

Wow this looks amazing ^~^ I am using it now and I am so happy that it work well with Victor's and Yanfly's scripts x). But that HUD is just gorgeous. :3 when will we be able to experience such a beautiful HUD from you? :3

The issue with me releasing the HUD is that I made it by editing a bunch of different scripts in different places. It's not all in one script. One day I might go ahead and just condense it all into one script, but compatibility might be shot on it (that's the reason I had to edit it in different scripts, to make sure it'd work in my game). I  might have to make different versions of it for different battle systems. For instance, mine edits, overwrites, or aliases methods in Window_BattleStatus, Window_Base, Window_Selectable, VE Active Time Battle, etc.

The issue with me releasing the HUD is that I made it by editing a bunch of different scripts in different places. It's not all in one script. One day I might go ahead and just condense it all into one script, but compatibility might be shot on it (that's the reason I had to edit it in different scripts, to make sure it'd work in my game). I  might have to make different versions of it for different battle systems. For instance, mine edits, overwrites, or aliases methods in Window_BattleStatus, Window_Base, Window_Selectable, VE Active Time Battle, etc.

Aww that's a shame. It's so cool looking o.o  :D

Not sure if necroing a post but I am using the script and I am having a issue of it not displaying damage with another script I am using "Alaitaires" damage script.
I am mainly wanting to use it to hide RPG makers messages like so and so did this much damage, and I just want to show this person is casting a spell and still have damage poping up.
Its also preventing enemies from fading when defeated.

Edited by TheWhiteRose000

Are you sure it's this script that's causing the issue?

This script writes its own methods for displaying damage, even a new Spriteset, and doesn't change anything that's used in my script at all... not sure why it wouldn't work. But being that there's nothing in common between the scripts (mine only changes things in Window_BattleLog and MOG's script doesn't edit ANYTHING from that class), I wouldn't know where to start when trying to fix it. My only suggestion would be to use a different damage popup script, there are several available. I use the extracted damage popup script from Yanfly's Battle Engine (extracted by Helladen). Victor Sant's Damage Popup also works with my script, and supports image-based damage popups as well.

You could try ONLY using these two scripts to see if it's really the one causing the problem. I'm thinking it's something else, since this script and MOG's script share absolutely no code, it looks like.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :(

Edited by William C

Yes its something wrong with this script.
It displays misses and everything just fine.
But when it comes to actual damage and monsters it doesn't work.
Mines a image based pop-up also.

I don't Ill ask this question right but could you make a edit to your script for me that does misses / evasion
for damage?

Maybe that will fix that issue?

There isn't anything I can do, when your script is writing all new methods to display damage. Mine changes only how the default damage display works (by removing it entirely). Your best option is to use a damage popup script that is known to be compatible with my script, if you want to continue to use it.

Alright, I was able to get damage to re-appear after changing display_hp_damage to damage_popup_clear which is in moghunters code for.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # â— Damage Popup Clear
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------         
  def damage_popup_clear
      $game_party.character_members.each {|t|
      t.actor.damage.clear; t.actor.skip_dmg_popup = false ;
      t.damage.clear; t.skip_dmg_popup = false} rescue nil
      $game_map.events.values.each {|t| t.damage.clear ;
      t.skip_dmg_popup = false} rescue nil
  end

end

and my friend was able to get mobs to appear again after adding this line to your code at 288.

target.result.added_state_objects.each do |state|
        target.perform_collapse_effect if state.id == target.death_state_id
      end

Update: The issue started occurring again and found someone's edit on your script which fixed my issue.

def display_hp_damage(target, item)
return if target.result.hp_damage == 0 && item && !item.damage.to_hp?
if target.result.hp_damage > 0 && target.result.hp_drain == 0
target.perform_damage_effect
end
Sound.play_recovery if target.result.hp_damage < 0
add_text(target.result.hp_damage_text)
back_one
wait

end

If a change needed to be made to def display_hp_damage, then you might also need to do the same for def display_mp_damage and def display_tp_damage. Glad you got it working!

I don't know. If you had to change the display_hp_damage method to get damage to show with Moghunter's script, then it stands to reason you'd have to do the same for MP and TP damage to display. Test it out.

I'm having an issue where death animations aren't occurring at all. The battlers just sit there. I plugged this script into a new project that had no other scripts and got the same effect. Is there a fix for this?

Disregard, TheWhiteRose000 posted the solution and I didn't see it.

Edited by cyberchronomage

As stated in the script, it's meant to be used alongside a Damage Popup script. VE - Damage Popup and YEA - Damage Popup both work flawlessly with this script.

It's not a good choice if you're using the default battle system, or not using a Damage Popup script.

Script has been updated to version 2.04.

Users can now set suffixes for their custom Windowskin settings, rather than the Windowskin file name. This should increase compatibility with those who allow players to change windowskins during play (such as Jet's Windowskin changer).