Titanhex

Skill Ideas you can do with Custom Formula

Oh, I miss read 'stats' as 'states' :P
Basically, if you want to check if there is a certain buff or not, you could use

b.buff?(param_id)

param_id is a number ranged from 0 - 7, where 

• 0 - MHP
  • 1 - MMP
  • 2 - ATK
  • 3 - DEF
  • 4 - MAT
  • 5 - MDF
  • 6 - AGI
  • 7 - LUK

Oh boy, I usually deal with parameter id and that made me memorize those id well xD

Oh, I miss read 'stats' as 'states' :P

Basically, if you want to check if there is a certain buff or not, you could use

b.buff?(param_id)

param_id is a number ranged from 0 - 7, where 

• 0 - MHP
  • 1 - MMP
  • 2 - ATK
  • 3 - DEF
  • 4 - MAT
  • 5 - MDF
  • 6 - AGI
  • 7 - LUK

Oh boy, I usually deal with parameter id and that made me memorize those id well xD

Ok, now I guess to check if the target has a debuff it'd be b.debuff?(param_id)

But I have a problem, and it's about the formula box's characters' limit, if I want to make an ability like Topsy-turvy (changes buff into debuff and debuff into buff) I'd need A LOT of space to write that, I was thinking in using Yanfly's lunatic damage (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/lunatic-damage/) to write ALL the command to this ability

Edit: Another thing, I'm using Yanfly's state and buff manager script too (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/buff-state-manager/) now I'm using 3 buff and 3 debuff levels, so I want this ability recognise that and totally reverse the buff/debuff (for example, changing +2 attack, -1 defense and -3 magic attack into -2 attack, +1 defense and +3 magic attack) 

Edited by Piers

I never use Lunatic Packs. And yes, if you don't have space, script editor is your answer. And TBH, you don't really need lunatic damage if you just want to wrote longer damage formula. Yanfly lunatic damage have bigger potentials

Go script editor and write 

def your_damage(a,
  a.atk - b.def
end

Then in damage formula, you could just write 

your_damage(a,

Got an idea?

Got an idea?

Kind of, but I still don't know how to script the damage formula for this ability :/ (if this is even makeable with the damage formula)

Edited by Piers

Like I said it would be very difficult :P you need to figure out a way to get the buffs/debuffs values if at all possible. Which may not be possible. I'm not sure. Theo is the scripting god here, I'll let him answer that! xD

Like I said it would be very difficult :P you need to figure out a way to get the buffs/debuffs values if at all possible. Which may not be possible. I'm not sure. Theo is the scripting god here, I'll let him answer that! xD

Yay... And where is Theo? Lol o3o

It's difficulty for damage formula. I usually deal with simple snippets. That is my style. You need a method to change buff into debuff and vice versa. Havent tried it yet, but the snippet should be like this

class Game_Battler
  def reverse_buffs
    8.times do |param_id|
      @buffs[param_id] *= -1
    end
  end
end

The usage would be like this

b.reverse_buff; your_damage_formula

It will reverse buff to debuff. The rest are yours

It's difficulty for damage formula. I usually deal with simple snippets. That is my style. You need a method to change buff into debuff and vice versa. Havent tried it yet, but the snippet should be like this

class Game_Battler
  def reverse_buffs
    8.times do |param_id|
      @buffs[param_id] *= -1
    end
  end
end

The usage would be like this

b.reverse_buff; your_damage_formula

It will reverse buff to debuff. The rest are yours

Let's see, I just open a new script page and I put the script you made, then in the damage formula box I put "b.reverse_buff" and that's all? because if it's of that way, it didn't work

Sorry if I'm not understanting properly, I'm quite slow for this scripting thigs

Yes, put them in script editor. Below material and above main. And have you save the project before battle testing?

Yup, and it didn't work, also, If I'm not wrong, to make a reverse_debuff thing it'd be

class Game_Battler

def reverse_debuffs

8.times do |param_id|

@debuffs[param_id] *= -1

end

end

end

right?

It is not. The concept of buff and debuff in default scripts are

if the value of @buffs[param_id] is below 0, it's consider it as debuff. And vice versa.

Buff and debuff can not co-exist in same stat id

It is not. The concept of buff and debuff in default scripts are

if the value of @buffs[param_id] is below 0, it's consider it as debuff. And vice versa.

Buff and debuff can not co-exist in same stat id

I have a lot to learn from this lol, anyways, I tested it again, and it didn't work, so, any idea about how to fix it? and, how could I make to make a reverse_debuff command? sorry if it's too much asking

I should tested that out then. Even I don't usually use buff and debuff :P

Stay tune, I need to finish most of my stuffs. Or you could ask the community for it.

I'm not only scripter here. And I'm not the god

Oh, don't be so modest ;) 

That was a lot easier than I thought. It's still not working though? I can try to help since Theo is busy.

Oh, don't be so modest ;)

That was a lot easier than I thought. It's still not working though? I can try to help since Theo is busy.

No, not working still, would you test it, pretty please? :3

Is it debuffs that aren't working, buffs, or both? Sorry for the late reply, I've been going crazy with tiles today..

I haven't defined a reverse_debuff command, so I haven't tested the debuff, however, the reverse_buff command it's not working

This may be a dumb question, but I never quite got it... What's the difference between a buff and a state? lol

Buff/debuff is increasing/decreasing a parameter, such as Attack, Magic attack, Speed and others

States are any condition affects the players, in a negative (confusion, silence, poison) or positive (Regen for example) way

But how are buffs applied then if not through states? Are weapon/armor stats considered buffs?

If I'm not wrong, it's applied by multiplying the parameter by the buff formula (not sure if I'm explaining this well lol)

I'm still confused, that may be due to being over medicated at the moment.... but I might  be able to figure out the formula if I knew the damn difference between a state adding stat increases and a buff.

I'm still confused, that may be due to being over medicated at the moment.... but I might  be able to figure out the formula if I knew the damn difference between a state adding stat increases and a buff.

Allright, I'll just wait, in the meantime... I was thinking in a attack "Thorn rain" the concept is that: It'll make 500 HP of damage, and will debuff attack and magic attack if the target is poisoned, otherwise it'll make just 100 HP of damage, I think the formule will be like that:

b.state?(2) ? b.add_debuff(2, 5); b.add_debuff(4, 5); 500 : 100

Well, no time to test it, but I'm almost completly sure it won't work lol, can someone check it please?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.