Actor Voices in Battle

Actor Voices in Battle

Version: 1.0

Author: DiamondandPlatinum3

Date: December 11, 2012

Planned Future Versions

• You tell me :)
Description

This script grants you the ability to have your actors talk throughout battle; it will pick an actor at random at the start of battle to say something relevent about what they expect from this battle. After that, the actors will get voices when attacking and when getting damaged, also when using a skill.

Features

• Gives your party the ability to predict the turnout of a battle and voice their opinions on it, so they can say that they need recovery if they are badly injured, or comment on how they are outnumbered, or comment about how strong they are compared to the enemy troop.
  • Gives you the ability to set up the above values if you don't like the defaults.
  • Can easily set up voices per actor per skill via the use of notetags in a skill.
  • Actors have a death cry when they fall in battle.
Screenshots

Cannot Screenshot Audio, there is a screenshot of the notetag example, but that's better left inside of the script. ;)

Instructions

• Instructions are inside of the Script
There is also a Video Tutorial for this Script, which you can watch here

Script

Get it from Here

Patches

Patch for Yanfly's Victory Aftermath

At the end of Battle, Yanfly's Victory Aftermath chooses a random Actor to say a quote. The Battle Voices Script also chooses a Random Actor to say a voice. These will not always be the same actor which could cause some confusion.

This patch forces both script to choose the same random actor.

This patch also adds an additional voice feature for receiving spoils. That means you can now have voices when your actor receives loot after battle

Patch for Moghunter’s 'Battle Result'

This patch allows additional voices for when the spoils window is displayed with the loot you’re receiving

Credit

• DiamondandPlatinum3
Thanks
  • LoganForrests - No special reason, just wanted to put him on the thanks list
Support

Post in this thread or PM me.

Known Compatibility Issues

I am unaware of any scripts it doesn't work with; if you find any, post in this thread.

Demo

*The Script inside of the Demo is Outdated. You can still use it as a demo and for instructions, but I advise getting the script from the Patebin Link above.*

Demo is available here

Credits goes to BluntSword for offering his voice acting services and credits also go to 'Sunny' for ripping the 'Tales of Symphonia' voice clips I used in the demo (since I couldn't get enough volunteers in time), they can be found here.

Author's Notes

This weeks scripting has been brought to you by the letter 'G', as in "Goldilocks royally screwed up those 3 bears day, how rude"

Terms of Use

You may find my Terms of Use Here

Edited by DP3

Nice needed this for ace already got the a system for VX I will see about getting yah some voices today or tomorrow. And my voice is free if any one uses it just provide credit an all is well although I don't have the best voice ever. Also I think victory voices would be nice to where it does something similar to the intro voice to where it randomly selects an actor to play a sound effect when they kill a monster and when the battle is over.

nice script. i hope the demo could be completed soon :D. you could use your own voice even thought you're not confident. it's for the demo. so no problem with the quality of sound :D.

Oooohhhh, I like. I will wait until it's fully completed first before I use it :P/>/>

I will use Microsoft sam as my computers default voice :lol:/>/>

Edit: Why do these emotions have symbols next to them?

Edited by Aelita

Microsoft Sam would instantly make any game better :lol:

Nice needed this for ace already got the a system for VX I will see about getting yah some voices today or tomorrow. And my voice is free if any one uses it just provide credit an all is well although I don't have the best voice ever. Also I think victory voices would be nice to where it does something similar to the intro voice to where it randomly selects an actor to play a sound effect when they kill a monster and when the battle is over.

Doesn't need to be the best voice, just as long as it showcases the script :) Thank you

Victory voices have been noted and will be added ;)

nice script. i hope the demo could be completed soon :D. you could use your own voice even thought you're not confident. it's for the demo. so no problem with the quality of sound :D/>.

Will get on it when I can, I can't voice act :( so it's not the quality that bothers me, it's the fact that 3 actors will sound the exact same

Or some vocaloids! :)

I'd make a voiced game with some V3 voices like yukari and IA anytime.

This sounds like quite an idea, I'll be checking that out for sure :D

cool now i am using 2 battle voice scripts :D

this one is more compatible with VE animated battle cause other battle voice script (including the one im using) makes the "Died Actor Voice" keeps looping infinitely which causes the battle to freeze and this one is working properly thanks :D

one thing though when an enemy uses an multi hit skill on the actor, it plays the death SE in every hit when hp is 0, is it possible to play the damaged SE on the first hits of the skill then the death SE on the last hit?

and also can you make it enabled/disabled by switch? thanks :)

I thought multihit skills were supossed to stop as soon as the victim had died? But yes I can make that happen.

What exactly do you want to be Enabled/Disabled by a switch?

Could you link me to this other voice script you're using? I'd like to know how they managed to make an indefinite voice loop and avoid doing the same :)

Well we're not using the same method for when an actor dies, so it should be good :) Give it a whirl. Though still no event switch, that'll be in my next version ;)

This script has been updated to version 1.1 and includes the following updates:

• Special Subfolders to contain your voice clips, so as not to congest your SE Folder.
  • Item Usage now allows you to play a voice.
  • Health Regeneration now allows you to play a voice
  • Victory Voices with the following features 'That Was Tough', 'That was Easy', 'Battle Took Ages', 'Normal Victory'

Planned future versions include voices when escaping (including success or failure), Modifying the Editable Region to look more user-friendly, addding an event switch to turn off the system, and a complete demo.

If anyone has suggestions, now is the time to suggest it :) I'm also interested if anyone finds any bugs.

Well from what I can see in Victor's Animated Battle Script, the only reason it wouldn't play the death sound is if your actors are immortal

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 # * Alias method: die
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 alias :die_ve_animated_battle :die
 def die
   return @dying = true if immortal?
   call_pose(:die, :clear)
   @dying = false
   die_ve_animated_battle
 end

Although if it isn't already, place the Battle Voices script BELOW Victor's battle script and it should hopefully work.

no, my actors aren't in immortal or something, they just play the damaged SE when they die, not the death SE. and all my battle related scripts are below VE animated battle.

guess i'll just stick with the first version.

i don't think i can make a demo with all the script of what im working cause there's so many xD

and it would be too large in size, the one im working on now is about 100mb size, RTP files not included yet :/

Can't really help you without it I'm afraid :(

I see no reason why my script wouldn't work with Victor's, so I conclude that another script is probably the cause.

yeah the problem is in my part and i fixed it thanks :D

i think its in some of MOG's battle related scripts that i have, i placed your script below all the scripts that i have and it is now working :)

weird though i already did that the other day but it didn't work, just now :)

EDIT:

hi again, i ran into another problem, im using YEA Skill Restriction and it seems incompatible with this script when using the notetag that uses a code.

here's my post http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/9226-yea-skill-restriction-help/

and i tried removing your actor voice script and it works properly but when your script is placed im getting a stack level too deep error.

what could be causing it? it would be great if you could help me with this one, but if not it's okay ill just give up the skill restriction, thanks.

EDIT2:

oh nvm this i give up on skill restriction since it also affects other scripts that i am using.

Edited by Aishi

Oooh this is looking really good! I've done some voice acting before, but I personally don't think I'm that good in terms of... battle noises. XD

But maybe I'll take a crack at it if you really need some.

Anyway I really would love to see this continue develop/gain a demo! :D

Ahaha no need, for I have finished the demo already. I do however thank you for considering :)

Demo is up and the latest version is complete.

Updates include:

• An event switch to mute the voices in battle and the ability to mute your actors with specific states. So if an actor is inflicted with silence (even though it's a state which is supposed to only affect magic), it can also mute your actor from saying anything.
  • Escape Attempting, Escape Success & Escape Failure Voices.
  • A nicer looking Editable Region
  • Some Bug Fixes

That's it, I think this script is finished B)

Ahaha no need, for I have finished the demo already. I do however thank you for considering :)

Oh well that works LOL

Yaaay the demo looks awesome, and I for one am appreciative of the explanation the guy gives. :P

wow, Exellent !, just like what i'm looking for...
it's easy to use, and very neat, feature for using Different voice's for different spell for actor is very nice, i never seen it in any script before

but, i'm looking for VX, too bad...
anyway, it is easy to convert it to vx version ?
can you convert it ?, i will use it with my project, im using SBS, thank you
i really appreciate it...

np : i'm indonesian, sorry for my bad english my good sire...
and sorry too if i do something that usually people call "Necroposting"

once again, sorry and thank you ;)

Edited by Gin Leive

Really digging this. The only suggestion I would have is to add a switch to change a folder between male and female for any given character, as many people have character creation in their games, though that is totally up to you. As is, the script is very awesome.

Edit; Just realized how old this post was.

Edited by Jaysynn

Thanks for this script....

but i have question.....

i have tested this script and i would like to ask if there is a chance to use more than skills 

e.g i try this and i can't do 2 or more skill for each character...

~ActorVoice: 1, "Fire Ball"  

~ActorVoice: 1, "Ice Ball"  << this one say Fire ball which mean it is not working

~ActorVoice: 2, "Fire BAll" 

~ActorVoice: 2, "Dark Ball" << this one say Fire ball which mean it is not working.

looking for your answer ...

if it is going to be in next update of this script or if it is already can be done ..... how i can do it ?

2 or more voices for each character ( for using different skills )