KMS Generic Gauge

Script by Tomy

http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/

Latest Version: 2012/08/05

post-103-0-13102600-1326649171_thumb.jpg

post-103-0-85976500-1326649178_thumb.jpg

Description

This script provides groundwork code for simple gauge graphics based off images placed in the Graphics/System folder. By default, this script provides gauges for HP, MP, TP, and EXP.

Scripters can utilize their own Generic Gauge for their own use. See the "Notes to Scripters" section below the customization section.

Unfortunately, Tomy chose the worst option when porting this script to VXA -- he overwrote Window_Base#draw_gauge, a default VXA method. draw_gauge did not exist in VX so using that method name back then was fine, but now VXA has draw_gauge as a default method which is what default gauges use...

Latest Updates

• 2012-08-05
    • This script now a dedicated API. This script no longer overwrites Window_Base#draw_gauge. This should mean there will be less hassle when adding generic gauges in other scripts.

[*]2012-01-22

• Crashes caused by this script when F12 reset is used has been fixed.

Script

http://db.tt/OYw87lvJ

KMS Generic Gauge Images 2012-01-15.zip

Installation

Paste this script into its own page within the "Materials" section in the script editor of your project.

Download the KGC Generic Gauge Images.zip and place its contents in the \Graphics\System folder of your project.

How to Use

All customization is done within the customization module within the script. Please read the comments thoroughly.

Gauge graphics have a design guideline:

gauge_guidelines.png

1. 24x24 - Left side of gauge background. It is not affected by gauge scaling.
  2. 72x24 - Center of gauge background. This section is scaled horizontally.
  3. 24x24 - Right side of gauge background. It is not affected by gauge scaling.
  4. 72x32 - Internal gauge, overlays section 2. This section is scaled horizontally.

In-game example with a 30 degree slope:

guideline_example.png

Compatibility

Compatibility Patches :

YEA Battle Engine + KMS Generic Gauge

YEA Victory Aftermath + KMS Generic Gauge

YEA System Options + KMS Generic Gauge

YSA Battle System: Classical ATB + KMS Generic Gauge

YEA Status Menu + KMS Generic Gauge

Feel free to ask for compatibility patches in this topic.

Terms and Conditions

http://ytomy.sakura....tech/rules.html

Quick English summary:

-Use KMS scripts at your own risk and backup your project

-Kamesoft does not accept requests

-Editing the script is fine as well as distributing modified versions. Just don't say you made it all yourself.

-Usage does not require crediting to original author

-You cannot(?) use this script in mature/adult games(?) (ages 15+ ~ 18+)

-FREE for use in commercial/shareware games

The English version translated by Mr. Bubble, but credit to Mr. Bubble is not necessary.

KMS Generic Gauge 2012-01-22.txt

Script has been updated. It is recommended you update this script if you are using an older version:

Update

2012-01-22 : Crashes caused by this script when F12 reset is used has been fixed.

So you said it's free to ask for a compatibility patch :D WELL THEN... I have a request! And it's my first post too, yay! ... Okay, anyways. Is it possible to make a compatibility patch for Yanflys Victory Aftermath? It's the same error as the one with YEA Battle Engine (without the patch of course :D).

Oh and you're doing great ;D I mean, really. Yeah really. Really. ... So what about Tankent- ok joking. NO THAT REALLY WAS A JOKE OK?! ...I'm making a fool out of myself right now *coughs* But I don't really know how to end this post and I'm really tired and all... Crap. I hope nobody reads this. 'Cause it's really embarrassing but I can't stop typing. ... Oh well...... orz

So you said it's free to ask for a compatibility patch :D WELL THEN... I have a request! And it's my first post too, yay! ... Okay, anyways. Is it possible to make a compatibility patch for Yanflys Victory Aftermath? It's the same error as the one with YEA Battle Engine (without the patch of course :D).

Done. Patch is in the first post.

May I ask for a compatibility patch? I get an error when trying to use this system with Yami's ATB battle http://yamiworld.wor...ve-time-battle/

Thanks

Patch is in the first post. Doesn't support enemies since doesn't use any window classes and most any class dealing with graphical stuff is beyond my skill level right now.

Remember to state the error you get please whenever you report them. Never assume people are psychic.

Edit: I forgot to upload the CATB gauge images. They're in the first post now.

I dont know if you can do this but can you make a compatibility for :Syvkal's Menu Bars VXAce ?

Edited: Tested it out and it greats great :)

Edited by Virus00

We got an official update.

Latest Updates

• 2012-08-05
    • This script now a dedicated API. This script no longer overwrites Window_Base#draw_gauge. This should mean there will be less hassle when adding generic gauges in other scripts.

What this means is that most of the Generic Gauge patches I have on my blog will be obsolete until I update them (which should be in the next 24 hours). However, in the long run, this means making compatibility patches or doing built-in compatibility for scripts will be much simpler. It's all for the better.