Jonnie91

Screenshot Critique Thread: Read Rules Before Posting!

@Aliciia: I don't know, it looks really fake mostly because of the perfect square west side of the most southern island. The shapes are completely unnatural for islands.

Here's stuff I did, Witch's Cabin

t07ptJD.png

Interior

WHSLT8I.png

@Aliciia: I don't know, it looks really fake mostly because of the perfect square west side of the most southern island. The shapes are completely unnatural for islands.

Does it? I just copied off what the sample map looks like.

Does it? I just copied off what the sample map looks like.

Yeah, it looks kinda unnatural for the terrain to have formed like that. It looks way much too manmade.

My best friend gave me an advice to instead of having tons of the "roof" to instead break it up a bit, I was thinking filling with black would make these houses seem better. I've also tried to think of ways spruce up the random npc's houses. This particular girl has a cute art of unicorn and pic of her and her mother that she did.

bqOFuyn.png

@Biverix, your map seems pretty good. Were you trying to make me think Pokemon when I saw that map though? :P

Anyways, this is the map for an otherworldly area.

C1ykmkf.png

The 2nd one is when the crystals are lit up.

jsvBYw8.png

@Tuomo L  looking at your witches cabin the interior doesn't really match up to the exterior. The outside makes it look like a larger square on the left and a small extension on the left, but the inside is just a rectangle ;O. That being said I really like the second house, especially the posters/drawings :D

@Weremole: I love the teapot houses! Only thing I can see to critique is the lower boat is a bit too close to the harbor. It looks like it's overlapping a bit.

I've really been neglecting RPG maker lately. I am ashamed. So to stop myself becoming rusty I've done a new map.

UHmw7Ac.png

@Myst88

That map looks amazing... O_O

It looks so real. Why can't I map like that? Why are you so amazing!?

Seriously though, excellent job. :thumbup3: 

There's nothing here to critique. If there is, I'm sorry. I'm too blinded by awesomeness to see it...

Here's stuff I did, Witch's Cabin

t07ptJD.png

Interior

WHSLT8I.png

in the outside has a issue that bugs me the small gap in the trees in the corner bottom left

Anyhoo here are some maps i came up with

Inside water a bottler/morgue (don't ask i don't even know why yet) 

NJkEYak.png

Outside of the area with other unfinished buildings

YJeo3x6.png

Crossroads

UDLYnZ3.png

@Jax: The roof with the coffins is too over the top.I understand it must be a cemetary/funeral home-esque place, but I think it looks cluttered and kinda bleh with that many. Maybe a few would be better?

Also, your houses are too identical in shape/size and the fact you made each one a different stone makes it seem unnatural. I would imagine a place underground like that (I assume underground) would use a similar stone to each other, and the colours contrast pretty weirdly.

That's my opinion anyway.

@SoulPour777: What a pretty light map, and I like that all the grass is gonna be breakable(?)~ The shrine there is nicely placed. I like the tileset too ;>>

@Biverix: I like the clear separation of the elevations and terrain o: Seeing that filled up with events would be neat.

@Weremole: Wow, that looks amazing!! I definitely wanna see more. Good luck with all the custom work o.o

@Myst88: I have nothing new to add. You do cliffs really well @_@

@thejaxinator: I suppose there's quite a bit of empty space in the maps, make sure downsize when you can, and to fill up maps with what you want the player to see and think about. Bring in all the walls a little bit, or fill up the space with things that you want to show the "personality" of the room a bit more. Move things away from the windows too!

~

So today I made this garbage. I wanted to play around with MV since I had a little time and this is what I came up with, because I thought the water tiles in the RTP look pretty. The grass tiles don't though, so I sloppily recolored them.

Get ready for big picture, sorry about that, I took the screenshots in beautiful 1280 x 720 resolution.

trashmap_1_zpswfahrdug.png

No windows for anyone! Or chimneys either!! And there's a really bad lily-pad infestation issue, idk.

Please tell me what you think, please be as critical as you feel like, I know it's not very good, but this is my first MV map and I wanna get tips xD

Edited by Nyapurgisnacht