Sign in to follow this  
Jun33

[SOLVED] Damage Skill Formula Access and Saving.

Hi everyone!

I was wondering something last day: as you can access to the name of a character thought $game_actors[x].name ; there's any way to access to the formula of a skill???

Also it would be possible to change it though scripting? And, if I can, the change can be saved? I mean, if I have a game and I want to improve an skill and I change his formula (if it's possible), there's any way to save this change?

Edited by Jun33

$data_skills[id].damage.formula$data_skills[id].damage.formula

The formula is saved on the skill data, so you can't save any changes on it (saving changes would change the skills from the other save games), you would need a custom script to store the new formulas on a saveable object and call them.

Why couldn't you just set the formula to a game_variable. Then set the game variable to the formula at the start of the game.  Then change the variable instead of the $data_skills[id].damage.formula. And also reference the variable when you want the formula.

EDIT: Eh, nevermind. It has to be stored on the formula or the syntax fails, unless there's another way to do it.

Edited by Titanhex